Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Let’s hope she has better luck then Nature Girl!

I don't have anything against Kamala, and I like her in small doses but this is pretty much exactly what I said was going to happen when the rumors started that she was going to die. Hopefully its done better than how they brought in the Sam Jackson version of Fury to 616. I'm not trying to say anything other than sometimes Marvel has gotten way too predictable.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And doing this is suddenly going to make her book sell???

When it has NOT worked out for Storm, Rogue, Iceman and so many others who wear the X banner.

She already got 80 solo issues as an Inhuman. Excluding Logan, Dazzler & probably X-23 that is more than all the other X-Men when they got solo shots.

And she did that with various HATE campaigns against her and her creator.

Being an X-Men does not negate that hate.

And if it did boost her sales-is that REALLY a good thing????

How does that benefit Storm or Gambit or Rogue or Scott?

If all I gotta do is make (blank) a mutant and get a boost in sales-why stop with Kamala?

Blue Marvel is out there.
    So Sam Alexander.
    So is Rich Ryder.
    So is Sam Wilson.
    So is Alex Wilder.
    So is Flint and Moon Girl.
    So is the other Falcon and Patriot.

How many of them can Marvel make into mutants? While pushing more folks into the background or worst limbo.

If the resurrection pods are gone after Fall of X-X-Office got Kamala-why bother keeping characters like Surge around? Monet? Hellion? Prodigy? Quinton?

Just something to think about.
    It would've made sense for Sam Wilson to be one. The origin for his avian telepathy power was that he was altered by a Cosmic Cube. The MCU completely ignores that - Redwing is a drone instead of a real bird there.

Sam Alexander is young enough (no older than 17 now, was 15 I think when he debuted) that he could've manifested a mutant power. The ideal time for that would've been when he didn't have his Nova helmet (it was confiscated, then stolen) in Zub's Champions.

Moon Girl is a legacy character to Moon Boy (Devil Dinosaur's original partner) who was a mutant. Had she been created at a different time, then, like Kamala, I believe she would've been a mutant. She's only nine years old, so she could in fact be given additional powers and revealed as a mutant later. With her current ability being swapping minds with Devil on a full moon, a good upgrade would be allowing her to control when that happens. Or maybe even give her the same power as Sam Wilson - so she could telepathically communicate with Devil (birds evolved from dinosaurs). One of her new friends from her last mini has a similar power to Sam.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-16-2023 at 02:40 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Welcome to the X! Wanted her in the line since her debut.
    This is the problem with a lot of x-stans and Marvel. Kamala could've perfectly been an X-Men member, but Hickman's Krakoa era and the X-office build a narrative around mutant only, everyone else is less than.

Maybe with Fall of X we'll see mutant become more tolerant and join more teams. Like Uncanny Avengers is an X-team because their target audience is x-stans like the person who made this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Remember that time you gassed them? Maybe it would be nice to help them out now?

I wonder how they'll explain her being Inhuman and Mutant when the terrigen mist is supposed to be deadly to mutants. Maybe her healing factor was keeping her alive?
    Marvel did a massacre of inhumans in Death of Inhumans to appease x-stans and make up for it already, and destroyed Terrigen so there wouldn't be anymore inhumans in favor of more mutants that coincided with their rebirth from the Phoenix Force from the end of Avengers vs. X-Men, made Kamala a mutant, and canceled all their books except Ms. Marvel and Moongirl, which still had inhuman themes despite people wanting to give them a "pass."

Terrigen was never deadly to mutants before in that it gave them a Legacy Virus version 2 illness. It just changed them up like batteries and made them omega level.

Spectacular Member

meh, shes a lame kids character.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    This is the problem with a lot of x-stans and Marvel. Kamala could've perfectly been an X-Men member, but Hickman's Krakoa era and the X-office build a narrative around mutant only, everyone else is less than.

Maybe with Fall of X we'll see mutant become more tolerant and join more teams. Like Uncanny Avengers is an X-team because their target audience is x-stans like the person who made this comment.
    Kamala as an X-men member would have made zero sense. For one it took nerly 2 years till we got an official X-men team and the vast majority of characters were left off. Plucking Kamala with no connection to the line and for its specific mission statement, wouldnt have worked

Marvel did a massacre of inhumans in Death of Inhumans to appease x-stans and make up for it already, and destroyed Terrigen so there wouldn't be anymore inhumans in favor of more mutants that coincided with their rebirth from the Phoenix Force from the end of Avengers vs. X-Men, made Kamala a mutant, and canceled all their books except Ms. Marvel and Moongirl, which still had inhuman themes despite people wanting to give them a "pass."

Terrigen was never deadly to mutants before in that it gave them a Legacy Virus version 2 illness. It just changed them up like batteries and made them omega level.
    Marvel did not do that to appease X-fans bc the reality is X-fans werent checking for or reading Death of Inhumans. Marvel also dont care what the fans want and dont make decisions based on the rantings of fans. They follow dollar signs and the fact is if the Inhumans were selling as well as they wanted them to during the push, they wouldnt have killed the line nor a chunk of those characters

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Let’s hope she has better luck then Nature Girl!
    I mean nature had a 2 year long 50 issue saga, most characters can't get more then 12

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I mean nature had a 2 year long 50 issue saga, most characters can't get more then 12
    X-men Unlimited has no requirement to sell though and apparently not even views are measured.

So the situation is not comparable to actual comics which need to sell per issue.

It's likely that if it would have been put to the test the story wouldn't even have lasted longer than 4 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Marvel did not do that to appease X-fans bc the reality is X-fans werent checking for or reading Death of Inhumans. Marvel also dont care what the fans want and dont make decisions based on the rantings of fans. They follow dollar signs and the fact is if the Inhumans were selling as well as they wanted them to during the push, they wouldnt have killed the line nor a chunk of those characters
    It felt more like an opportunistic liquidation of an unprofitable asset, indeed.

Once there was no longer a top down demand to push them despite increasing reports of it just not working, they simply took the opportunity to remove the from the places they were previously forced to squeeze them into.
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-16-2023 at 10:53 AM.

Actually, they did a Year in Review and stated that the most read team was X-men and the most read Infinite comic was X-men Unlimited. (Various Spidey characters took the most read title and character spots.)

I have very little hope for this, i don't think the person writing this knows what she is getting into when it comes to writing comic books (unless she has done something in the past i don't know about and if so i kindly ask for what it was she did) nor do i think she knows how comic book fans can react. Additionally this has already come of as ill conceived from the very moment the idea was implemented to put her in a Spider-man book, kill her off in the same book and waste little to no time to bring er back in another book not her own.

I could be wrong but I don't think the majority of mutants have become intolerant in the Krakoa era. I know Wolfsbane was doing some kind of out reach to humans thing in . . . I think it was the last arch of New Mutants. Plus they give a way free drugs. And a number of characters still hang with their non mutant friends. There are even humans living on Krakoa.
    Marvel did a massacre of inhumans in Death of Inhumans to appease x-stans and make up for it already, . . .
    That's messed up. Fictional races of comic characters should only face genocide when their sales are good so we can view them as the underdogs! Ok. That sounded better in my head.

Edit: Got mixed up about Lethal Legion and the previous New Mutants run.
    Last edited by wlfking; 07-16-2023 at 12:15 PM.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Once there was no longer a top down demand to push them despite increasing reports of it just not working, they simply took the opportunity to remove the from the places they were previously forced to squeeze them into.
    "Forced" is implying the writers writing them weren't happy with the job and were doing it against there will, and it was the opposite of that. Plus, Disney did the genocide on Hickman's universal inhumans and made a new city that wasn't Attilan and killed everyone there and went around and killed more all over, but didn't go to Earth. They didn't kill Kamala (at the time) and the Infinity inhumans.

It wasn't an opportunity to remove them because they didn't remove the ones you're implying. The genocide event was suggested to appease fans so they could shut up in a way, but they should've seen the damage Avenger vs. X-men did. Canceling everything except Ms. Marvel and Moongirl was the removal.

Plus, we see Disney learned their lesson by having the Avengers and Eternals join forces with X-Men in that filler event they had to do.

Astonishing Member

"Forced" is implying the writers writing them weren't happy with the job and were doing it against there will, and it was the opposite of that. Plus, Disney did the genocide on Hickman's universal inhumans and made a new city that wasn't Attilan and killed everyone there and went around and killed more all over, but didn't go to Earth. They didn't kill Kamala (at the time) and the Infinity inhumans.
    Valid points, though it might be somewhat incorrect to put the blame on Disney, since the company doesn't seem to put a lot of attention towards the comics side of Marvel. So the more likely culprit is the management of Marvel alone.

It wasn't an opportunity to remove them because they didn't remove the ones you're implying. The genocide event was suggested to appease fans so they could shut up in a way, but they should've seen the damage Avenger vs. X-men did. Canceling everything except Ms. Marvel and Moongirl was the removal.
    On this point, i still stick to the perspective that there was likely no goal to appease anyone, let alone the X-men readers, after how their comics have been handled for nearly 2 decades.

Also what they removed is the wide presence of nu-humans as frequently seen people with natural super powers.

Tabula rasa and then semi-pretend the whole inhumans push never happend.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Valid points, though it might be somewhat incorrect to put the blame on Disney, since the company doesn't seem to put a lot of attention towards the comics side of Marvel. So the more likely culprit is the management of Marvel alone.

On this point, i still stick to the perspective that there was likely no goal to appease anyone, let alone the X-men readers, after how their comics have been handled for nearly 2 decades.

Also what they removed is the wide presence of nu-humans as frequently seen people with natural super powers.

Tabula rasa and then semi-pretend the whole inhumans push never happend.
    I mean Ms. Marvel and Moongirl are new inhumans, and they did include inhuman characters and concepts in their books even as recent as Moongirl's last solo. I know a group of stans hate that Kamala is inhuman and tried to take that away from her, but she was heavily inhuman.

I guess this is a way to get X-Men readers to finally accept her 100% since she's gonna leave the Avengers and join the X-Men as her status quo team.

The other inhumans are as present as some mutants no, and getting rid of the 2 books kinda meant this. I think they're going to turn all of the inhumans into mutants to shut people up and close the chapter for good though. I can see Romeo being killed and brought back as a mutant. It'll take less marketing too.

Astonishing Member

(...)The other inhumans are as present as some mutants no, and getting rid of the 2 books kinda meant this. I think they're going to turn all of the inhumans into mutants to shut people up and close the chapter for good though. I can see Romeo being killed and brought back as a mutant. It'll take less marketing too.
    Then they better give us a Marrow vs. Sheath fight soon, since it wouldn't be the same without the mutant vs. inhuman rivalry if they were both mutants.