Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i hope people realize you might get a few blurps in the first issue about rher inhuman connection to keep the small percetnage of people who still like them but after that i pretty much guarentee you will never see the word inhuman mentioned again trust me. I always say this but people have no idea the amount of sever damage the inhuman s did to marvel comics and besides teh main royal family there is an edict that no other inhuman or inhuman character is to ever be mentioned or used in any marvel comic and that is fact and u will never see inuhman mentioned in the tv or marvel show

Canon is whatever you make it to be.

I totally agree, they'll give some cursory explanation and then the word Inhuman will be gone from the Marvel lexicon.

I mean Kamala is the only Inhuman even on the playing field, where is the Royal Family?

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I mean Ms. Marvel and Moongirl are new inhumans, and they did include inhuman characters and concepts in their books even as recent as Moongirl's last solo. I know a group of stans hate that Kamala is inhuman and tried to take that away from her, but she was heavily inhuman.

I guess this is a way to get X-Men readers to finally accept her 100% since she's gonna leave the Avengers and join the X-Men as her status quo team.

The other inhumans are as present as some mutants no, and getting rid of the 2 books kinda meant this. I think they're going to turn all of the inhumans into mutants to shut people up and close the chapter for good though. I can see Romeo being killed and brought back as a mutant. It'll take less marketing too.
    I don't think they need to go as far as whipping them all out. Someone might come up with a good role for them. More creative than, "let's have them fight the X-Men."
    Maybe when the fantastic four hits the mcu, inhumans will make it into the sequels or new FF t.v shows/cartoons.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Canon is whatever you make it to be.
    No, canon is what is printed inside the pages which can only be countermanded by events deemed to have happened prior to what "is" as long as it does not contradict what "was" or break continuity within the 616-timeline.

I totally agree, they'll give some cursory explanation and then the word Inhuman will be gone from the Marvel lexicon.

I mean Kamala is the only Inhuman even on the playing field, where is the Royal Family?
    The Royal Family wants nothing to do with Kamala since they learned that the Terrigen Bomb turned her into a mutant instead of an Inhuman like themselves.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-17-2023 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    The Royal Family wants nothing to do with Kamala since they learned that the Terrigen Bomb turned her into a mutant instead of an Inhuman like themselves.
    Of course they want Kamala. She's been in their stories and has ties to the inhumans. Even family lineage.

Also, Moongirl is still an inhuman with a book recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Then they better give us a Marrow vs. Sheath fight soon, since it wouldn't be the same without the mutant vs. inhuman rivalry if they were both mutants.
    Any in comics rivalry the mutants would have them with them is childish on their part. The writers are bad at just making sense and amends. It makes the books go back to their origins of writing for children instead of a mega corporation catering to nostalgic adults.

No, canon is what is printed inside the pages which can only be countermanded by events deemed to have happened prior to what "is" as long as it does not contradict what "was" or break continuity within the 616-timeline.

Nah, your definition of cannon isn't even true now.

There's multiple examples of Marvel stories where editorial/writers just ignore whatever they want.

I mean Bendis and Hickman are the biggest examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If only the execution was better...all the same it does seem like X-Fans suddenly do care about her when she's a Mutant .
    When who's a Mutant? lol I'm kidding I'm still pretty meh about. Mostly excited about picking up the comic written by Iman I bet David Bowie gonna make a guest appearance.
    GrindrStone(D)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i hope people realize you might get a few blurps in the first issue about rher inhuman connection to keep the small percetnage of people who still like them but after that i pretty much guarentee you will never see the word inhuman mentioned again trust me. I always say this but people have no idea the amount of sever damage the inhuman s did to marvel comics and besides teh main royal family there is an edict that no other inhuman or inhuman character is to ever be mentioned or used in any marvel comic and that is fact and u will never see inuhman mentioned in the tv or marvel show
    How???

It's not possible.

If we go by that mindset I should not see Barry Allen in a Dc Comic book ever again after Flash bombed. Same with Hal Jordan.

They follow dollar signs and the fact is if the Inhumans were selling as well as they wanted them to during the push, they wouldnt have killed the line nor a chunk of those characters
    I guess they missed that memo with Black Panther.

I guess they missed that memo with Runaways had worst selling numbers than Shuri and Riri yet kept their book another 2 years.

Nah, your definition of cannon isn't even true now.

There's multiple examples of Marvel stories where editorial/writers just ignore whatever they want.

I mean Bendis and Hickman are the biggest examples.
    Everybody is pretty much ignoring the last 8 years of Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Everybody is pretty much ignoring the last 8 years of Black Panther.
    LMAO, exactly as well as anything by Jason Aaron.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    LMAO, exactly as well as anything by Jason Aaron.
    If we go by X-men fans there is a case to be made that between the last 5 (ignoring the Krakoa era), 18 (ignoring the post decimination era), 23 (ignoring everything starting with Morrison) or 31 (ignoring everything past the original Chris Claremont era) years did not happen. With the exception of a handfull of cherry picking things that were primarily well recieved like Uncanny X-force.

And yet Marvel comics writer keep insisting on chosing everything of the last 60 years they like as canon or not for an entirely messed up and confusing continuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I mean Ms. Marvel and Moongirl are new inhumans, and they did include inhuman characters and concepts in their books even as recent as Moongirl's last solo. I know a group of stans hate that Kamala is inhuman and tried to take that away from her, but she was heavily inhuman.

I guess this is a way to get X-Men readers to finally accept her 100% since she's gonna leave the Avengers and join the X-Men as her status quo team.

The other inhumans are as present as some mutants no, and getting rid of the 2 books kinda meant this. I think they're going to turn all of the inhumans into mutants to shut people up and close the chapter for good though. I can see Romeo being killed and brought back as a mutant. It'll take less marketing too.
    Kamala left the Avengers in the comics nearly seven years ago (October 2016), when the Champions were founded. Of course the Avengers video game and cartoon both had her as an Avenger since then, but Ms. Marvel as an Avenger hasn't been the status quo for literally two thirds of her existence (she only debuted ten years ago).

Why is Romeo even still around? Isn't that the time displaced Teen Iceman's love interest? He should be too young for the adult Iceman.

Yes, Moon Girl's Sad Saks roller derby team were indeed Inhumans, though frankly it doesn't make a lot of sense as they'd have had to have had their powers since before IVX, which makes you wonder, how did nobody find those kids sooner?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

they learned that the Terrigen Bomb turned her into a mutant instead of an Inhuman like themselves.
    Doesn't work that way. The Terrigen mist doesn't turn one into a mutant or Inhuman, it just activates already latent Inhuman genes. It is possible to be both a mutant and an Inhuman - that's what Luna Maximoff was until Quicksilver, her father, was retconned to not be a mutant. Luna's mother is Crystal. What they're doing with Kamala is probably the same thing, her simply being both. The mist would also explain why her X gene, which may give her additional new powers (matching the MCU of course - we know she's keeping her existing powers) has lain dormant until her resurrection - since the mist was poisonous to mutants. Of course Kamala has healing factor as one of her powers, which would explain her avoiding M-pox.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kamala left the Avengers in the comics nearly seven years ago (October 2016), when the Champions were founded. Of course the Avengers video game and cartoon both had her as an Avenger since then, but Ms. Marvel as an Avenger hasn't been the status quo for literally two thirds of her existence (she only debuted ten years ago).

Why is Romeo even still around? Isn't that the time displaced Teen Iceman's love interest? He should be too young for the adult Iceman.

Yes, Moon Girl's Sad Saks roller derby team were indeed Inhumans, though frankly it doesn't make a lot of sense as they'd have had to have had their powers since before IVX, which makes you wonder, how did nobody find those kids sooner?
    I meant the Avengers status quo that she was pretty much a part of. She was always Avengers adjacent or rather not in the confines of the exclusive X-Office. Regardless, she was a Marvel character as opposed to the club separated by the X-Office.

They aged Romeo up.

And they didn't get rid of the new inhumans concept 100% if they're putting them in recent Moongirl books as was suggested. That's why they could still kill them all and make them mutants in time for the MCU's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doesn't work that way. The Terrigen mist doesn't turn one into a mutant or Inhuman, it just activates already latent Inhuman genes. It is possible to be both a mutant and an Inhuman - that's what Luna Maximoff was until Quicksilver, her father, was retconned to not be a mutant. Luna's mother is Crystal. What they're doing with Kamala is probably the same thing, her simply being both. The mist would also explain why her X gene, which may give her additional new powers (matching the MCU of course - we know she's keeping her existing powers) has lain dormant until her resurrection - since the mist was poisonous to mutants. Of course Kamala has healing factor as one of her powers, which would explain her avoiding M-pox.
    They haven't confirmed any of this. And Luna was and wasn't an inhuman or a mutant until multiple retcons. I think she was retconned 5 times. Did Quicksilver ever become a mutant again after M Day? He used Terrigen to get his mutant powers back like all the other mutants in Son of M. It depends who writes because Terrigen has gotten retconned several times too.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I never cared about Kamala. Did not like the Disney+ series either. I am (apparently) one of the few who do not welcome her on the X-books.

She will surely be hyped and appear everywhere. I rather see any of the New/Young X-Men to get that focus instead.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================