Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i hope people realize you might get a few blurps in the first issue about rher inhuman connection to keep the small percetnage of people who still like them but after that i pretty much guarentee you will never see the word inhuman mentioned again trust me. I always say this but people have no idea the amount of sever damage the inhuman s did to marvel comics and besides teh main royal family there is an edict that no other inhuman or inhuman character is to ever be mentioned or used in any marvel comic and that is fact and u will never see inuhman mentioned in the tv or marvel show
    Its part of an X-focused book event, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's not much mention out side of the first issue. It depends on what happens afterwards. If she's getting a solo I could see the Inhuman side pop more, even a team book can do it too. I wonder which office she will be under, and what one she was under before her appearance in ASM.

It also makes me question the future of the Nuhumans. I don't pay a ton of attention to the Inhumans but the whole group felt like they were probably mutants before Perlmutter went full Scarlet Witch. Will they too eventually be turned into mutants, or maybe regular superheroes? Or are they not popular enough to get the Kamala treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Inhumans are irrelevant
    . . .
    can I at least have their dog?
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If only the execution was better...all the same it does seem like X-Fans suddenly do care about her when she's a Mutant .
    I really liked her first few runs. I got a bit lost around the time she had the first costume change. I didn't enjoy Champions much (though I still think it was a good idea)but I still really like her.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Its part of an X-focused book event, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's not much mention out side of the first issue. It depends on what happens afterwards. If she's getting a solo I could see the Inhuman side pop more, even a team book can do it too. I wonder which office she will be under, and what one she was under before her appearance in ASM.

It also makes me question the future of the Nuhumans. I don't pay a ton of attention to the Inhumans but the whole group felt like they were probably mutants before Perlmutter went full Scarlet Witch. Will they too eventually be turned into mutants, or maybe regular superheroes? Or are they not popular enough to get the Kamala treatment.
    The "whole group" for Nuhumans is a pretty bit of a stretch. Afterall quite a few Nuhumans were adults when their change happened, while with Mutants newly changed are always no older then a teenager.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i hope people realize you might get a few blurps in the first issue about rher inhuman connection to keep the small percetnage of people who still like them but after that i pretty much guarentee you will never see the word inhuman mentioned again trust me. I always say this but people have no idea the amount of sever damage the inhuman s did to marvel comics and besides teh main royal family there is an edict that no other inhuman or inhuman character is to ever be mentioned or used in any marvel comic and that is fact and u will never see inuhman mentioned in the tv or marvel show
    Moongirl and Devil Dinosaur last mini series that was from the year 2022 to 2023, not only had her still be an Inhuman but also created several new young Inhuman characters, so when exactly did this edict start?

Astonishing Member

I mean, if it’s not wholly retconned then Kamala becomes a mutant who has another fictional identity that lets them walk in stories beyond just the usual x-book fare (Namor is Mutant and Atlantean, Dani gets ten realms stuff, Magik marvel by night/demon stuff, Wolverine does street level/Marvel’s sometimes-poorly-aged-weeb stuff) especially if the story about her being mutant and inhuman actually involves her engaging with the Inhumans again (outside IvX she stopped interacting even with Lockjaw after TRO - whereas before that it looks like Medusa might have wanted her in the spot Iso came to fill - including as regent?)

BANNED

Here's a rhetorical question to ponder... Did the detonation of the Terrigen Bomb on Earth force Kamala Khan to undergo the Terrigenesis thing or did her X-Gene just happen to activate the moment she found herself engulfed in Terrigen Mist which circumvented her being sterilized and slowly euthanized like other gene-active mutants?

Cause of Death:
    Killed by Zzzax (Death undone by Mephisto)
    Killed by the Progenitor (Revived by the Progenitor)
    Killed by the Emissary while disguised as Mary Jane Watson (Amazing Spider-Man #26)

Last edited by Micabe; 07-15-2023 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Pic(s) and Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Looking forward to this! Let’s get her on the main X-men team! We haven’t had a “kid” on the team since Kitty and then Jubilee… didn’t they try that with Pixie too?
    That just isn't true. Armor and the All-New Wolverine are other examples. Teen Jean was this on Extraordinary X-Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by dang0 View Post
    Already done in her first run, just before The Death of Wolverine story. She ran into him at a sewer. She told him about her fanfics, he showed her how to kill a giant crocodile, they rescued a runaway mutant from cockatoo Thomas Edison then got gyros. Fun story. Also he was the first person to figure out she was inhuman ironically.
    And one of the few to know her secret identity apparently. When Kamala visited the Treehouse in a mini series last year (investigating some robotic drones), Logan saw her and said to his teammates "She's no lookie-loo, she's an Inhuman. Super hero type too.". He knew she was Ms. Marvel even though she wasn't wearing her costume. And then in Fallen Friend he meets her Dad and tells him she looks like him.

The ones who know who she is is a small list, she never even outed herself to the ANAD Avengers team, so when she quit, Jane Foster (then-Thor) could only call her Little One. The ones who do know are Iron Man, Captain Marvel, both Spider-Men, Norman Osborn (he and Peter both learned it when she died, Miles has known since they were Avengers together), Viv Vision (worked it out on her own), Nova (Sam Alexander), Cyclops, Red Dagger, Doctor Strange (who saved her Dad's life once) and her civilian friends. Maybe a few more of the Champions. Her mother used to know, but soon after telling her Dad at the start of Ahmed's run, they both got mindwiped by an alien they helped. He thought Kamala wanted it that way.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-15-2023 at 04:48 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by dang0 View Post
    Already done in her first run, just before The Death of Wolverine story. She ran into him at a sewer. She told him about her fanfics, he showed her how to kill a giant crocodile, they rescued a runaway mutant from cockatoo Thomas Edison then got gyros. Fun story. Also he was the first person to figure out she was inhuman ironically.
    Literally my favorite moment between the two

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Literally my favorite moment between the two

Lol this is amazing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Lol this is amazing.
    Logan being immediately pissed off once he finds out the Scott's and Emma's fanfic was the most upvoted story is literally peak fiction
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

With how soapy the X-Men can be, if Kamala stays with them for a while her fanfics might get some pretty interesting inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    The "whole group" for Nuhumans is a pretty bit of a stretch. Afterall quite a few Nuhumans were adults when their change happened, while with Mutants newly changed are always no older then a teenager.
    Okay. I don't pay much attention to the Inhumans. I thought before the Nuhumans they were all royals and the Nuhumans were a way to try and replicate the X-Men with random people suddenly gaining powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Worse retcons have happened. The existence of NuHumans being one of them.

Is it to much to hope now that Toro will return as an Inhuman/mutant hybrid?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Is it to much to hope now that Toro will return as an Inhuman/mutant hybrid?
    Yes please.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume