Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

New article from Marvel

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-iman-vellani

“After being brought back via Krakoan Resurrection Technology, Kamala is shocked to learn she is mutant. But before she has a chance to come to terms with this revelation, the catastrophic FALL OF X will throw her world into chaos…and a secret mission on behalf of the X-Men.”

Don’t miss the beginning of Ms. Marvel’s mutant adventures this August in HELLFIRE GALA #1 and be there to witness the start of a new era in MS. MARVEL: THE NEW MUTANT #1!

The book is also confirmed as a 4 issue mini, which makes sense considering the other books that are being released in the FoX era
    Last edited by Diammandis; 07-14-2023 at 08:14 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

New Marvel article:

The Heart of the Marvel Universe Will Be Reborn in 'Ms. Marvel: The New Mutant' Comic Book Series
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=225069988

After Kamala’s heroic sacrifice that saved the world in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, Ms. Marvel’s tragic death sent heroes across the Marvel Universe in mourning. The Avengers, Spider-Man, Champions, and beyond came together to remember Kamala and Ms. Marvel’s life and legacy. But not all was as it seemed. Fans will finally start to learn the truth about Kamala’s mutant and Inhuman identity in the upcoming X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA #1 one-shot later this month!

EDIT: Dang it I didn't hit "submit reply" fast enough. LOL! Thanks D!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    im not against this.

In fact. Make all Inhumankind Mutankind.

Make the Terrigen fart the Mutangen Cloud. And Done.

Welcome to the X Kamala.
    I mean, isn’t Tuk (a pre-Terrigen inhuman from the initial Kree test subjects) a common ancestor of both mutants and mutates?

Astonishing Member

Would the secret mission for FoX being going to ask for help for Krakoa from the surviving Inhumans?

I just have no idea how to feel about this. It still comes off so forced.

It's interesting having the star and writer of her show involved, and they don't seem to intend to change her powers or Inhuman nature, but then what even is the point of calling her "The New Mutant?"

The new suit just doesn't hold a candle to her original and only exists for the sake of giving her an X-Suit. It just doesn't feel like Kamala.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just have no idea how to feel about this. It still comes off so forced.

It's interesting having the star and writer of her show involved, and they don't seem to intend to change her powers or Inhuman nature, but then what even is the point of calling her "The New Mutant?"

The new suit just doesn't hold a candle to her original and only exists for the sake of giving her an X-Suit. It just doesn't feel like Kamala.
    I'm now wondering if this X-suit is just for the mini while she's on a "secret mission on behalf of the X-Men." Perhaps after that an ongoing will launch and she'll be back to her original costume.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

So Marvel forced a whole M-pox story where the Terrigen Cloud causes M-pox to Mutants. She still seems to have her same powers, good that is an important factor for her IRL creation, but those powers take matter from her alternate selves. So will she be suffering from this every day, or will they be making her a hybrid so she won't suffer this. It is mentioned
    "I want to make it very, very clear that we are not reconning her Inhuman origin. That's a part of Kamala's identity that Marvel editorial and myself would very much like to keep and protect," so this looks to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Would the secret mission for FoX being going to ask for help for Krakoa from the surviving Inhumans?
    Remember that time you gassed them? Maybe it would be nice to help them out now?

I wonder how they'll explain her being Inhuman and Mutant when the terrigen mist is supposed to be deadly to mutants. Maybe her healing factor was keeping her alive? I hope they don't give her the MCU powers, but I think they might explain some of the powers she currently has as her mutant power rather than inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'd rather it be Talon. She's cool and all, but we already have young OG young Laura. Perhaps the older version will bite it, and Laura will take the name Talon in her memory? It's a cool name.

Also, is Laura a POC? I know she was in the Logan film, half Mexican; but I didn't think that was the case in the comics. Would be good if she was, though, as I think that demographic is woefully under-represented considering what a large and growing section of the population they are, especially here in the States.
    She was definitely a POC when she originated in Evolution, but Marvel whitewashed her when they Harley Quinned her over.

Astonishing Member

It would probably be simple enough to pin the Terrigen cloud going from ‘mainly deathly toxic to Inhumans’ to ‘MPox for all’ on the Skysabers. So blame it on Stellaris trying to screw with Sinister via targeting the Diamond line’s main research focus

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    As big fan of both the X-Men and Ms. Marvel, I love everything about this.

Seriously, Iman Vellani having a chance to tell the story of the same character she's playing? Has that ever happened in the history of Marvel or any superhero comic? If so, I hope it sets a new precedent. She's clearly a fan at heart, just like Kamala herself. I can think of no one better to tell this next part of her story.
    Yuppers it has happened............. in a way. The MODOCK tv show was not mcu but Patton Oswald voiced MODOK, then wrote a modok comic.

Astonishing Member

Not to mention that the actors strike means there’s a lot of actors looking for side hussle

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    [/url]
    This costume design is a mess.
    I count 3 different X insignias peppered throughout. The classic X on the belt. the shoulders have the Krakoan >< and then the hands have the X gloves that were work by the time displaced O5. If Kamala had been written as an X-Men fangirl rather than a Captain Marvel, the overkill could be chalked up to her over-enthusiasm but as it stands...Jumbo Carnation Take the Wheel!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I knew it that she'd be an Inhuman/mutant hybrid. So much for those saying it was impossible

I'm hesistant about this. There are soooo many mutants still not used from pre Krakoa and writers STILL creating new ones; its seems like Ms. Marvel is just a distraction. Hopefully she is handled similar to Namor.

I also hope they don't push her in the MCU movies or put her on the team (especially at first)
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/