Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psi-Lord View Post
    She should not keep her Inhuman origin.

It’s possible that they reveal she is a mutant with an Inhuman ancestor.
    Which would make her a Mutant Cross-Breed, no?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Correct....

There is a bigger picture.

As an Inhuman and with edgelord and dudebro hatred-she still served on the Avengers and Champions. She still managed to get almost what 80 combined solo issues by passing Cassandra Cain and X-23. All within 10 years.
    So a standard has been set.

Kamala brings to the table another character who has been successful with solo runs beyond issue 6 or 12. And gives the X-Men a second one of color behind X-23.

Second-how does this affect the REST of the X-Men? Who is going to take a backseat to her? Because someone is going to lose their spot for her. Is it you Synch? Talon? Rogue? Jubliee? Polaris? Gambit? Storm? Nightcrawler? Someone's fanbase is NOT going to be happy. I suspect it's Synch.

I dont know about this affecting any xmen, because imo this would just show that the x-office had no plans for the character anyways. And i doubt Synch will be taking a back seat, the story between him and Talon is just starting and there is obviously intention on Duggans part to tell that story.
    Last edited by Diammandis; 07-14-2023 at 07:31 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    This is all so cynically depressing.
    It's stunts like these that give the american super hero comics such a bad reputation of being inpenetrable convoluted that it makes it so difficult for casualy interested people to get into them, while only a small group of "obsessed weirdos" can even follow or enjoy them anymore.

Nothing matters, everything is constantly subject of random or sudden change because of the fleeting ideas of frequently rotating sets of editors and writers.

The fact that the comics are also now desperatly and obviously chasing the movies, which in turn are only hand picking from the old "classics" that these new comics can seemingly never reach in terms of impact and quality, just means that people are better adviced to read the collections of the classics at a cheaper price than giving the new ones a chance.

Why spend 4 dollar a month for 20 pages of stories that won't even matter in 12 months anymore when the title gets canceled and rebooted as a different one with the story and character radically altered because of a new writer who ran out of good ideas ages ago?

Especially when there are far more consistent and steadily writen alternative at a cheaper overall price.

This stunt is unlikely to really help the comic version of Ms. Marvel.
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-14-2023 at 07:34 AM.

Correct....

As an Inhuman and with edgelord and dudebro hatred-she still served on the Avengers and Champions. She still managed to get almost what 80 combined solo issues by passing Cassandra Cain and X-23. All within 10 years.

Kamala brings to the table another character who has been successful with solo runs beyond issue 6 or 12. And gives the X-Men a second one of color behind X-23.

Second-how does this affect the REST of the X-Men? Who is going to take a backseat to her? Because someone is going to lose their spot for her. Is it you Synch? Talon? Rogue? Jubliee? Polaris? Gambit? Storm? Nightcrawler? Someone's fanbase is NOT going to be happy. I suspect it's Synch.
    I'd rather it be Talon. She's cool and all, but we already have young OG young Laura. Perhaps the older version will bite it, and Laura will take the name Talon in her memory? It's a cool name.

Also, is Laura a POC? I know she was in the Logan film, half Mexican; but I didn't think that was the case in the comics. Would be good if she was, though, as I think that demographic is woefully under-represented considering what a large and growing section of the population they are, especially here in the States.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Live the dream, Iman.

Wowza! Having Vellani write the book is pretty amazing and imo greatly speaks to the recent change of Marvel Entertainment now being overseen by Kevin Feige. Talk about bridging the comic and MCU worlds! I'm glad she's keeping her powers and her origin, and that it seems her identity as both an Inhuman and a mutant will be explored.

I'm now thinking about the overarching picture and what this all means. Having her wearing the X's makes me wonder if we're going to see a widening of what being an X-Man is after Fall of X. Will we see more crossover with other franchises? I've suspected a larger merging of the X-Men and Avengers was coming and this may be the first indication it's indeed happening.

This feels like a very big sea change is upon us, true believers. My brain is still processing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It's stunts like these that give the american super hero comics such a bad reputation of being inpenetrable convoluted that it makes it so difficult for casualy interested people to get into them, while only a small group of "obsessed weirdos" can even follow or enjoy them anymore.

Nothing matters, everything is constantly subject of random or sudden change because of the fleeting ideas of frequently rotating sets of editors and writers.

The fact that the comics are also now desperatly and obviously chasing the movies, which in turn are only hand picking from the old "classics" that these new comics can seemingly never reach in terms of impact and quality, just means that people are better adviced to read the collections of the classics at a cheaper price than giving the new ones a chance.

Why spend 4 dollar a month for 20 pages of stories that won't even matter in 12 months anymore when the title gets canceled and rebooted as a different one with the story and character radically altered because of a new writer who ran out of good ideas ages ago?

Especially when there are far more consistent and steadily writen alternative at a cheaper overall price.

This stunt is unlikely to really help the comic version of Ms. Marvel.
    speak it!

artistry is dead, just blind synergistic consumerism

forget about creating stories that are original and thought provoking, it's all about making something that can sell something else ad infinitum.

im not against this.

In fact. Make all Inhumankind Mutankind.

Make the Terrigen fart the Mutangen Cloud. And Done.

Welcome to the X Kamala.

BANNED

And gives the X-Men a second one of color behind X-23.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackarow21 View Post
    Also, is Laura a POC? I know she was in the Logan film, half Mexican; but I didn't think that was the case in the comics. Would be good if she was, though, as I think that demographic is woefully under-represented considering what a large and growing section of the population they are, especially here in the States.
    X-23 is only a POC in Logan. Her design was based on a POC model for her original appearance in X-Men: Evolution, but no actual race was given in that series. She's firmly Caucasian in the books -- If she ONLY received genetic material from Logan she'd have to be by default because Logan himself is Caucasian (and there's a WHOLE laundry list of reasons why, given his backstory). Even if she received material from Sarah as revealed in Adamantium Agenda, Sarah herself was shown as Caucasian.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 07-14-2023 at 07:51 AM.

Correct....

This is the big question that I think will determine how this change is received. Will she be like Wanda/Pietro/Deadpool where they're mutants but mostly do their own thing or are with non X-Men teams? Is she replacing another big name character? Is she replacing a younger character (who typically don't get much time to shine)? If its the first I think people will end up not caring about it, but the other two will really make people dislike the change.

So that's why Scott wasn't at her funeral, he knew she would be back soon. I hope they will be reunited in a new team but not under Duggan. He would end up getting hit or bullied during an argument...

I like this outfit a lot, but only as a “Ms. Marvel but make it a mutant training costume”. Which, like, is what it is. But I hope it doesn’t last more than like six months lol. Can’t beat the original!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    X-23 is only a POC in Logan. Her design was based on a POC model for her original appearance in X-Men: Evolution, but no actual race was given in that series. She's firmly Caucasian in the books -- If she ONLY received genetic material from Logan she'd have to be by default because Logan himself is Caucasian (and there's a WHOLE laundry list of reasons why, given his backstory). Even if she received material from Sarah as revealed in Adamantium Agenda, Sarah herself was shown as Caucasian.
    Got it. Thanks. Maybe they should resurrect her as part Mexican next time, for more movie synergy?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    When they took the awesome revolutionary Cyclops out of the picture and turned him into Captain Cameo...

Ms marvel was always a hard character for me to get into; I wasn’t really interested in her private life, and her power set isn’t particularly interesting to me. I may pick this up out of curiousity; I think her previous color scheme looks better on her than the x uniform does.