Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

"Fans will finally start to learn the truth about Kamala’s mutant and Inhuman identity in the upcoming X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA #1."

The socials and pundits are buzzing over the news as Kamala Khan the new mutant girlie takes the Hellfire Gala spotlight.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I’m very glad the her powers remain unchanged. Otherwise I would have had to take an indefinite hiatus from social media to avoid all the whining and discourse. Kamala working directly with the x-men is clearly a temporary gimmick, she’ll be back to her lone wolf status quo in no time, so no need to overreact.

Spectacular Member

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=225069988

Looks like her actual resurrection will be in Hellfire Gala. Article says she's given a secret mission related to Fall of X which I guess is what the minis about.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm hesistant about this. There are soooo many mutants still not used from pre Krakoa and writers STILL creating new ones; its seems like Ms. Marvel is just a distraction. Hopefully she is handled similar to Namor.

I also hope they don't push her in the MCU movies or put her on the team (especially at first)
    They arent really creating a new one as this character has existed and has a long line of solos series, oneshots and minis. Its not like this news is gonna take up space from them using Armor, Winddancer, Anole or any other New X-men that wasnt getting used anyway

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    She was definitely a POC when she originated in Evolution, but Marvel whitewashed her when they Harley Quinned her over.
    While they used a POC model for the art reference (Native, IIRC) they never actually stated that she was POC in the episodes themselves. And since Evolution used the same straight-up cloning origin that would be used in the books (prior to the Adamantium Agenda retcon) BY DEFAULT she would have to be whatever Logan is. The version of her origin in Logan that made it a form of advanced in vitro is thus far the only depiction that would actually allow her to be a POC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I’m very glad the her powers remain unchanged. Otherwise I would have had to take an indefinite hiatus from social media to avoid all the whining and discourse. Kamala working directly with the x-men is clearly a temporary gimmick, she’ll be back to her lone wolf status quo in no time, so no need to overreact.
    Yeah, I'm betting after Fall of X she probably won't be appearing much in X-Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So Marvel forced a whole M-pox story where the Terrigen Cloud causes M-pox to Mutants. She still seems to have her same powers, good that is an important factor for her IRL creation, but those powers take matter from her alternate selves. So will she be suffering from this every day, or will they be making her a hybrid so she won't suffer this. It is mentioned
    "I want to make it very, very clear that we are not reconning her Inhuman origin. That's a part of Kamala's identity that Marvel editorial and myself would very much like to keep and protect," so this looks to be the case.
    Maybe her mutation only just kicks in when she gets brought back. Or perhaps it's just that no sickness is typically 100% lethal. Contrived? Sure, but what character doesn't have that in their backstory?
    Dark does not mean deep.

M-Pox worked in two ways. For mutants with an activated X-Gene, it was a fatal disease unless treated immediately. For people with an X-Gene that wasn't activated yet, the X-Gene was suppressed and prevented from activating. That could be what happened to Kamala: when she was exposed to Terrigen, it activated her Inhuman DNA and suppressed her X-Gene at the same time.

As for how she'll be post-resurrection, I'm not too sure. Technically, when she's resurrected it'll be with an active X-Gene but dormant Inhuman DNA. I doubt there's any Terrigen on Krakoa to induce Terrigenesis. That doesn't take away her Inhuman identity or past, but it would give them an excuse to give her the MCU powerset, saying that's her mutant power. They can always do a story where she goes to the Inhumans and goes through Terrigenesis again to get back her original powers, too.
    Last edited by Til; 07-14-2023 at 09:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    She was definitely a POC when she originated in Evolution, but Marvel whitewashed her when they Harley Quinned her over.
    She had more of a tan in Evo, but she was still supposed to be a clone of Wolverine, so had to be ‘white’. They did make her paler in the comics, because hot goth girl, I guess…(even though she was supposed to be underaged, kinda tacky marvel…)
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 07-14-2023 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    While they used a POC model for the art reference (Native, IIRC) they never actually stated that she was POC in the episodes themselves. And since Evolution used the same straight-up cloning origin that would be used in the books (prior to the Adamantium Agenda retcon) BY DEFAULT she would have to be whatever Logan is. The version of her origin in Logan that made it a form of advanced in vitro is thus far the only depiction that would actually allow her to be a POC.
    So she was just inexplicably very tan? Since Evolution Laura was distinctly brown, doesn’t that make her by strict definition a person of color? Unless she was pulling a Rachel Dolezal

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    She had more of a tan in Evo, but she was still supposed to be a clone of Wolverine, so had to be ‘white’. They did make her paler in the comics, because hot goth girl, I guess…
    Rogue filled that latter role in Evolution, but it was open when Laura jumped to comics.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They arent really creating a new one as this character has existed and has a long line of solos series, oneshots and minis. Its not like this news is gonna take up space from them using Armor, Winddancer, Anole or any other New X-men that wasnt getting used anyway
    I know Ms. Marvel is not a new character. My point is I would rather see older characters used then creators constantly shoehorning new ones in.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

Or Hope’s power corrected the flaws the Kree/ancient experiments by early Inhumans left Inhumans with that makes Terrigenesis very dangerous for them (remember when the Inhumans were a group with their own self contained issues and not what Ike turned them into) and allows the Terrigen

Or someone snagged primagen from the world farm and replaced the Terrigen in her system

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I know Ms. Marvel is not a new character. My point is I would rather see older characters used then creators constantly shoehorning new ones in.
    Nah, but she might become a meal ticket. Think about it: she befriends fellow teen/young adult mutants (Hellion, Dust, Wind Dancer) and adds them to her supporting cast. Academy X can piggyback off of her by getting into whatever books she's in. Say her mission involves Inhumans, then Hellion (who has a history with Inhumans) would be a perfect partner for the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

1) I laughed so hard that Marvel's actually calling it 'The New Mutant'. I love the lack of shame. Everyone knows what Marvel is doing and why. I'm glad they're being upfront about it.
    2) Honestly? Retcon her Inhuman status. Treat it as an unfortunate speed bump and move on.
    3) It seems Kamala's getting her MCU energy constructs in addition to her original stretching powers. Good.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'