Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    So she was just inexplicably very tan? Since Evolution Laura was distinctly brown, doesn’t that make her by strict definition a person of color? Unless she was pulling a Rachel Dolezal
    Pretty much, yeah, I guess? My sister can get that tan, even though she’s as ‘white’ as me, but I burn to a crisp and could never look like Laura, lol. I guess I never thought it was weird because of that. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I'm betting after Fall of X she probably won't be appearing much in X-Books.
    Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Nah, but she might become a meal ticket. Think about it: she befriends fellow teen/young adult mutants (Hellion, Dust, Wind Dancer) and adds them to her supporting cast. Academy X can piggyback off of her by getting into whatever books she's in. Say her mission involves Inhumans, then Hellion (who has a history with Inhumans) would be a perfect partner for the job.
    This would be a good way to finally see some of the younger characters in action, but I feel like Marvel would be too tempted not to just be part of one of the bigger teams and have her be the younger mutant there.

Can they make her Marvel Girl and bring back fun Carol as Ms. Marvel???
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    As big fan of both the X-Men and Ms. Marvel, I love everything about this.

Seriously, Iman Vellani having a chance to tell the story of the same character she's playing? Has that ever happened in the history of Marvel or any superhero comic? If so, I hope it sets a new precedent. She's clearly a fan at heart, just like Kamala herself. I can think of no one better to tell this next part of her story.
    Over at DC, Nicole Maines has written a lot of Dreamer stuff & Paul Dano is doing a Riddler mini.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    She had more of a tan in Evo, but she was still supposed to be a clone of Wolverine, so had to be ‘white’. They did make her paler in the comics, because hot goth girl, I guess…(even though she was supposed to be underaged, kinda tacky marvel…)
    I think it's pretty clear in the subtext of Evo that Deborah Risman used her own DNA mixed with Logan's for Laura, there's a lot of stuff about Laura being a partial clone and they have the same skin and eye color -- similar to the later retcon that Sarah Kinney used her own DNA with Laura, but Sarah is white.

Insane that they didn't keep this secret until Comic Con

Conspiracy theory--they were gonna, but the SAG-AFTRA picket means she couldn't come, so they shooting their load early.

But I digress! Go, Kamala! So excited for her two mutant dads--Cyke and Logan--to adopt her

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Over at DC, Nicole Maines has written a lot of Dreamer stuff & Paul Dano is doing a Riddler mini.
    The actor for Batwing from Batwoman wrote a Batwing story for Batman: Urban Legends.

Danny Devito also wrote a Penguin story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I think it's pretty clear in the subtext of Evo that Deborah Risman used her own DNA mixed with Logan's for Laura, there's a lot of stuff about Laura being a partial clone and they have the same skin and eye color -- similar to the later retcon that Sarah Kinney used her own DNA with Laura, but Sarah is white.
    And Deborah Risman was a very tan blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    M-Pox worked in two ways. For mutants with an activated X-Gene, it was a fatal disease unless treated immediately. For people with an X-Gene that wasn't activated yet, the X-Gene was suppressed and prevented from activating. That could be what happened to Kamala: when she was exposed to Terrigen, it activated her Inhuman DNA and suppressed her X-Gene at the same time.

As for how she'll be post-resurrection, I'm not too sure. Technically, when she's resurrected it'll be with an active X-Gene but dormant Inhuman DNA. I doubt there's any Terrigen on Krakoa to induce Terrigenesis. That doesn't take away her Inhuman identity or past, but it would give them an excuse to give her the MCU powerset, saying that's her mutant power. They can always do a story where she goes to the Inhumans and goes through Terrigenesis again to get back her original powers, too.
    This is weird to me. Aren't Inhumans the result of Kree experimentation on humans who had already been experimented on by the Celestials(giving them latent X-genes)? So shouldn't the powered potential of Inhumans actually just be secondarily activated(by the Terrigen crystals) X-genes? Kirby et al already laid the foundation of this back in the day. I don't know why modern Marvel tried to make it all convoluted? All superhumans, be they mutants, mutates(Spider-Man/Hulk/FF/etc), Eternals, Deviants, and Inhumans, all of them are the direct result of the Celestials' tinkering[actually, non-powered regular humans are too]. The main difference was in the way they activated. Either naturally, or through external triggers. Alex Ross's Earth X, while not exactly canon[to mainline 616], delves into this deeply. When Blackbolt released the Terrigen Bomb in that story, it activated the latent X-gene in EVERYONE on earth, making them all MUTANTS! All these modern stories pitting the Inhumans and Eternals/Deviants against the mutants are stupid.

That said, Ms. Marvel as a mutant, is like, not at all necessary. We already had Muslim mutants. We already had south Asian mutants. Furthermore, while it remains to be seen how the new Marvels movie does, and how it is received, the Ms. Marvel show wasn't some epic phenomenon. [I personally enjoyed it okay, but it wasn't great to me.] And the ratings show it wasn't some pop cultural hit. Why ruffle all these feathers and rewrite the character to fit some other mold. She was fine as she was, had the fans she had. The X-Men side of things don't NEED her, and she didn't really need them either(got her own series and film by herself...). I'm just confused as to why they are doing this?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It’s Marvel’s way of finally acknowledging that the Inhumans push was a terrible idea and a failure. The final nail in the coffin.

1. Always nice to see more Carlos Gomez art.

2. Too bad this book really won't allow him to go all out.

Astonishing Member

I can't belive I didn't notice it but, she dosent have her bangles. I think MJ really did steal them off her dead body

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I can't belive I didn't notice it but, she dosent have her bangles. I think MJ really did steal them off her dead body
    Peter stole her mask.

MJ stole her bangle.

What heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I was gonna say. Like her bangle was not only functionable (she stored things inside it), but they were a precious family heirloom. It's weird for her not to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Peter stole her mask.

MJ stole her bangle.

What heroes!
    And Paul stole her identity. He's the new Ms. Marvel now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm now wondering if this X-suit is just for the mini while she's on a "secret mission on behalf of the X-Men." Perhaps after that an ongoing will launch and she'll be back to her original costume.
    There is humor to be found in "Takes on SECRET mission for the X-Men" wearing an outfit that visually AFFILIATES her with the X-Men, whereas her previous outfit did not. haha. Seeeeeeeecret.