Default Dragonborn vs Chosen Undead

Not too long ago, Death Battle did a match up of these two dark fantasy game protagonists. My knowledge of Chosen Undead is limited to what I've read in comics, and that he does die, but comes back to life. A lot. My knowledge on the Dragonborn is much more expansive. And fully realized Dragonborns in the past, did things like separate Solstheim from the mainland continent, as well as conquer said continent as well (though the ability to use Shouts for him is limited, from what I know). Thus the Dragonborn player gains some game breaking Shouts, to say nothing of the various factions and the skill sets he can spec into (which is all of them). Plus, the Shout cool down is not a lore acccurate thing, its just there to make the game more balanced.

Anyway; spoilers:
    Death Battle had the Dragonborrn win, not only by outlasting the Chosen Undead, but with the numerous skill trees, and near countless ways the Dragonborn can end him, while being able to tank or counter almost everything the Chosen Undead can throw at him. Oddly enough, this is one of the few times I've seen almost no one triggered over the results. What do people on here think of this matchup?
    end of spoilers

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

So is this endgame Dark Souls character versus endgame Skyrim character, essentially?

Which Souls game of the trilogy are fair game as far as build choices go?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    So is this endgame Dark Souls character versus endgame Skyrim character, essentially?

I honestly wouldn't and don't know.

Extraordinary Member

The Chosen Undead is specifically the protagonist of Dark Souls 1, so it ought to be limited to builds available in that game

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I want to say, gameplay wise, they could be pretty evenly matched doing the basics, but Dragonborn has a wider range of movement options and faster magic and shout attacks with a wider variety of possible effects. DB can probably force CU to constantly play the range game until the later exhausts his charges/ammo, while DB can keep regenerating mana and shouts. Depending on if we're including expansions, DB can temporarily summon a dragon and spirit wolves as back-ups from any location. Not sure if CU could be spotted a summoned helper to counter in this case.

Dragonborn has utility like going invisible doesn't he? Too much utility in the open world playground systems of the Elder Scrolls series I would think compared to the Souls series.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The Chosen Undead is specifically the protagonist of Dark Souls 1, so it ought to be limited to builds available in that game
    That means Chosen Undead is locked into spell slots since mana doesn't exist yet. With a battle that is going to be attrition-y that's a big issue.

Mighty Member

Would the Dragonborn have access to broken potions?

It really doesn't matter, high level stuff in Elder Scroll games is ridiculously overpowered compared to Soulsborn games, stuff like crafting, enchanting and Alchemy just off the top of my head don't really have any counterpart from the Soulborne games that can remotely compare, and yeah a high level Dragonborn or any other Elder Scroll character can do pretty much everything whereas even high level Soulsborne characters are specialized into one style of play/attributes, like the level cap in Skyrim is 252, and it's only that because that's the level where you've unlocked every single perk in the game
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-16-2023 at 11:36 PM.

Sounds like Chosen Undead is going to be sent to the Cloud district.