Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    After reading part of IvX I have to fully agree with you. Has it ever been retconned away or just ignored?
    Ignored, although I'm hoping it gets retconned away (or at least Emma's character assassination).

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    IvX was a hot mess and it should be against board rules to bring it up.

Last year's AXE: Judgment Day was a much better show of the improving relationship between the Avengers and the X-Men. A crazed mob tried to kill Rogers while he was protecting the Treehouse by himself.

The Avengers really showed up and helped when the Eternals attacked Krakoa.
    Oops, sorry! I very briefly tried to read X-Men again some years ago and that was going on at the time. I was like WTF? and didn't come back again until last year.

I was so bored by AXE that I didn't even finish it. But that's really cool of The Avengers!

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Ignored, although I'm hoping it gets retconned away (or at least Emma's character assassination).
    I remember Emma's treatment in that, and I hated it. I also remember Storm shooting Hank in the back with a lightning bolt. I still don't like her very much for that.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

I remember Emma's treatment in that, and I hated it. I also remember Storm shooting Hank in the back with a lightning bolt. I still don't like her very much for that.
    Yeah, Beast wanted to move the mutants off planet if I remember. He probably got the second worst treatment (after Emma) although I don't think anyone was treated well. Generally why I dislike the vs events. At least one side always comes out horribly, if not both.

@GerryDuggan:
    https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...28293159096320

"FALL OF X is upon us. Hard times and rough road ahead. Please remember, this is entertainment and be good and kind to each other...and the creators."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Really looking forward to this, I loved Duggan's Uncanny run and I like the whole cast that he has assembled so far. One thing I noted from the interview was his talk about Firestar and how we'll be talking about her role which makes me think she must be staying on the X-Men once the new team is formed because so far, other than the annual, she hasn't done anything that memorable.

This actually looks pretty good. I'll give the first issue a chance for sure for Quicksilver and Kwannon.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Oops, sorry! I very briefly tried to read X-Men again some years ago and that was going on at the time. I was like WTF? and didn't come back again until last year.

I was so bored by AXE that I didn't even finish it. But that's really cool of The Avengers!

Nah he deserved it. How you gonna tell your entire group of people to move to a different planet when all they need to do is get rid of a cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Nah he deserved it. How you gonna tell your entire group of people to move to a different planet when all they need to do is get rid of a cloud.
    wait I totally forgot about that, like he actually told them to move to hell of all places. IvX was such a disaster of a comic, and its surprising because i actually kind of liked Death of X too...
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I believe Duggans original UA run was my first introduction to his work. At the time (which was a low point in the X-World) that title seemed like a highlight. A mini doesn't bother me but I'm not sure an ongoing would hold my interest. I am excited for Monet to be involved.

Duggan is one of the anchors of the Krakora era and which he doesn't the dialogue or depth as Hickman or KG he is very consistent and entertaining.

I'm excited for the Gala this year and hope it is not over hyped. I've enjoyed the set up so far.

Firestar will likely be in Iron Man and involved with what is next for Emma is my guess. She could possibly be the Avengers member Duggan hinted at that would be joining UA.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Well, that was my last hope that Beast was going to be redeemed soon, appearing in this comic. Maybe they really are going to permanently kill him off
    Permanently? No
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Fabulous interview. I look forward to everything to come.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I liked seeing the old villains trying to live normally on Krakoa. I think we even saw Wildside trying to make it work. So I'm saddened to see that part of the era is probably over. Wildside and Blob back to being villains, and working with the idiot Strucker twins of all people. Not sure why the MLF would want to work with two people who sided with Orchis. Seeing that they're out of the Pit though, I wonder if that means Sinister got out, too?

Who let the twins outta the pit? This looks solid. I've missed Kwannon so hopefully she gets to shine and is more than just "sexy ninja lady."
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I believe Duggans original UA run was my first introduction to his work. At the time (which was a low point in the X-World) that title seemed like a highlight. A mini doesn't bother me but I'm not sure an ongoing would hold my interest. I am excited for Monet to be involved.

Duggan is one of the anchors of the Krakora era and which he doesn't the dialogue or depth as Hickman or KG he is very consistent and entertaining.

I'm excited for the Gala this year and hope it is not over hyped. I've enjoyed the set up so far.

Firestar will likely be in Iron Man and involved with what is next for Emma is my guess. She could possibly be the Avengers member Duggan hinted at that would be joining UA.
    Duggan tweeted waaay back in January that "Firestar has been a gift and her story kicks into high gear in the summer."

Someone then asked if he has stories each potential winner of the vote to which he replied "inklings, but this one is its own beast, the Firestar story only showed up after she won - but it's a cracker".

I really don't know what that means but if he finally gives Firestar something to do, then I'm down with that!

Quote Originally Posted by MexM View Post
    Maybe I'm reading it wrong but from one of the last questions his answer makes it seem like this will be the last time we have a vote for the last X-Men member?
    Yeah, the Krakoan Era is ending, that means no more Hellfire Galas, so no more votes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    wait I totally forgot about that, like he actually told them to move to hell of all places. IvX was such a disaster of a comic, and its surprising because i actually kind of liked Death of X too...
    Limbo, not Hell. The Extraordinary X-Men team actually had the X-Mansion transported there (of course Magik was on that team).

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Firestar does make sense - as she's been on both teams. She's actually currently on the main X-Men team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman