Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Who let the twins outta the pit? This looks solid. I've missed Kwannon so hopefully she gets to shine and is more than just "sexy ninja lady."
    If they're out, you know what that means?

OG, diamond-headed Mister Sinister, out and about, causing mischief

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    If they're out, you know what that means?

OG, diamond-headed Mister Sinister, out and about, causing mischief
    *as dramatically as possible*

NoooOoOooo
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Monet's facial expression in that first page is hilarious lol
    I like that both Monet *and* Quicksilver do not look like they are loving this experience. He's all professional with Steve and Kwannon, and seems to be annoyed at Deadpool, but his expression with Monet is much more apprehensive, like she threatened to break his arms if he got 'handsy' or something...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Blob a villain again is just stupid.
    That Blob might not be our Blob, just as that Andreas Strucker seems to be a different person than the one we saw as the Swordsman in Kurt Busiek's Thunderbolts (without all that development, and the whole possibly-raped-by-Purple-Man trauma, and back to being a Nazi again, I guess his dad resurrected him without all that 'reformed borderline good-guy now?' baggage).

Thanks so much for sharing the link/interview. Really enjoyed getting hyped.
    Very much looking forward to this book, echoing many peoples' enthusiasm for Monet & Pietro interactions.

Seeing Monet & Kwannon cut loose (pun intended) is intriguing.
    Obviously if Krakoa has fallen then so too have it's laws. Watch out, Orchis!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That Blob might not be our Blob, just as that Andreas Strucker seems to be a different person than the one we saw as the Swordsman in Kurt Busiek's Thunderbolts (without all that development, and the whole possibly-raped-by-Purple-Man trauma, and back to being a Nazi again, I guess his dad resurrected him without all that 'reformed borderline good-guy now?' baggage).
    Initially, I thought "Nah, Freddy must be mind controlled" but depending on how things go down with the fall of Krakoa, maybe what you said is TRUE about Blob not being OUR Blob. Maybe he's a back up resurrected Freddy from his villain days.

Not interested in this. Especially that Captain America is leading this and gave Alex the shaft prior.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

The romance between villains that Duggan talks about, it won't be Lannister style right? Lol

He's implying it's gross .....

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    The romance between villains that Duggan talks about, it won't be Lannister style right? Lol

He's implying it's gross .....
    Andreas' last 'romance' was being mind-controlled into tongue-bathing Purple Man, so, banging his sister would oddly be an upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Initially, I thought "Nah, Freddy must be mind controlled" but depending on how things go down with the fall of Krakoa, maybe what you said is TRUE about Blob not being OUR Blob. Maybe he's a back up resurrected Freddy from his villain days.
    Beyond appearing as a bartender, has the Blob had any kind of redemption storyline that would make it unlikely that it is him? As far as I know, he was a villain up until Krakoa so I don't see why it's in doubt that he would be on a villainous team.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Beyond appearing as a bartender, has the Blob had any kind of redemption storyline that would make it unlikely that it is him? As far as I know, he was a villain up until Krakoa so I don't see why it's in doubt that he would be on a villainous team.
    Also a decent point. Krakoa happened and Fred might have thought, 'When in Rome, stand behind the bar where all the booze lives, and get hammered while it burns itself to the ground.'

Then again, he's also possibly in a bad place after something happens to his bar / life in Krakoa, and fallen into a depression. 'I guess I have to go back to being a super-villain again. Sigh.'

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Not interested in this. Especially that Captain America is leading this and gave Alex the shaft prior.
    Ooh. Do we have panels of said shafting?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    He hasn't (unless the Age of X-Man characterization stuck), but in the times that we've seen him on Krakoa he's seemed pretty chill and friendly. Like the unlimited comic where he's sympathizing with Rogue and Karma about their love lives. He seemed pretty content with his life. Of course, that doesn't mean he wouldn't go villain again after whatever happens at the Gala. If Krakoa falls, maybe he's just lost faith in the whole thing, and is angry at his peaceful life getting disrupted. We'll see how Duggan writes him, but I hope he doesn't just go villain again with no explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    He hasn't (unless the Age of X-Man characterization stuck), but in the times that we've seen him on Krakoa he's seemed pretty chill and friendly. Like the unlimited comic where he's sympathizing with Rogue and Karma about their love lives. He seemed pretty content with his life. Of course, that doesn't mean he wouldn't go villain again after whatever happens at the Gala. If Krakoa falls, maybe he's just lost faith in the whole thing, and is angry at his peaceful life getting disrupted. We'll see how Duggan writes him, but I hope he doesn't just go villain again with no explanation.
    I guess I don’t have that much invested in the Blob. Of all the unexplained character heel turns in this era, him being a villain again wouldn’t even register for me. Especially considering his change for the good wasn’t explained to begin with.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ooh. Do we have panels of said shafting?
    Lmaoooooooooooo!!!!!
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    A few thoughts after reading the interview:

Gerry Duggan comes across as very intelligent, thoughtful, humble and just generally a nice guy. I don't always love his books although I think when he's on he can truly knock it out of the park, but it's just always a pleasure reading or listening to his interviews. He also sounds very enthusiastic about his books here which I love.

There's no mention of Uncanny Avengers being a 5 issue mini in the interview aside from the solicit at the end; now there's nothing that doesn't say it isn't either, I just got the impression from the way Duggan is talking about it that he has longer term plans for the book.

It seems like we're getting more members, as previously hinted at, but they will be more on the Avengers side... which I guess is fair enough.

Not enough is said about Javier Garron's art: he's grown leaps and bounds during his time on Avengers and these preview pages show dynamic page composition, exciting action and great character work. His Pietro, Monet and Kwannon all look lush.

Et tu, Blob?!
    Right? My eyes were immediately drawn to Monet, Pietro, and Kwannon. I really hope this book does well enough that it gets upgraded to be an ongoing.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com