Thread: Dylan Dog

Spectacular Member

Default Dylan Dog

Dylan Dog is an Italian horror comics series. Read rest if you are intersted here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dylan_Dog
    dd62.jpg

Have you ever read this comic? Even one episode?

Amazing Member

I've really wanted to find English collections of it ever since I was at a panel where Francesco Francavilla was talking about what a big influence it was for him.

As far as I kow it's one of the most famouse Italian comics and I could barely find anything in english. There was a 500page edition from Dark horse IIRC, but it has gone out of print long ago.
    I could have bought a tpb in hungarian as it had a limited print run not so long ago back at home, but I don't like to read translated hungarian comics.
    Also, the movie sucked.

I've got Dark Horse's tpb. I actually got it at the local chain bookstore after it went out of print... not too impressive, as used copies aren't that hard to come by, but I always love finding out of print or foreign copies of books where you don't expect them.

Spectacular Member

I still haven't read all of the books. Mostly, I like the art but stories are good too. I'm glad that I have opportunity to read it on my mother tongue.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I never knew of its existence until the Brandon Routh film.

Maybe that's why I actually liked it, while everyone else seemed to think it was awful...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Rarely do I read DD these days, and only on strong recommendation when gems like recent "Mater Morbi" shows up. Just wanted to use this opportunity to say hi to a girl from Boka!
    Have you tried "Hellblazer"? It's horror, it has demons and whatnot and setting is in GB (mostly) much like Dylan Dog, only it's better written.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I never knew of its existence until the Brandon Routh film.

Maybe that's why I actually liked it, while everyone else seemed to think it was awful...?
    I haven't seen DD movie yet.

Quote Originally Posted by silkcuts View Post
    Rarely do I read DD these days, and only on strong recommendation when gems like recent "Mater Morbi" shows up. Just wanted to use this opportunity to say hi to a girl from Boka!
    Have you tried "Hellblazer"? It's horror, it has demons and whatnot and setting is in GB (mostly) much like Dylan Dog, only it's better written.
    Hello! I read 'All His Engines' and only first episode 'Hunger'. It's good. I will definitely continue to read it. The art in 'All His Engines' is very good, I like the atmosphere! Mictlantecuhtli (okay, I copied his name from the net cuz it is hard to remember) is such a badass!

All-New Member

You can find new Dylan adventure "Mater Morbi" by Epicenter Comics
    dylan.jpg

BANNED

I read some Dylan Dog and it wasn't my cup of tea, i heard that there are some really good stories but after what i read, i totaly lost the interest in Dylan Dog but i like some other italian comics like Dampyr and Tex.

Comics readers around here love italian comics. What we call it here is fummeti which is comic in italian. Martin Myster, Zagor, Tex, Dampyr, Magico Vento, Tommiks, Texas, Kinowa, Dylan Dog, Brandon and more are published here regularly There is a big fan base. There was even a black and white Zagor movie which was made by turkish people lol the roots of fummeti is deep here.

Well, actually there is a little conflict between the american comics fans and fummeti (italian comics) fans around here... lol the fummeti fans are usually really old people, the younger generations like american comics and manga... and fummeti fan really old people are like what's so good about american comics and manga, fummeti is the best lol most of them especially don't like super heroes but nobody is perfet, right ? lol
    Last edited by Batarang; 11-28-2016 at 01:25 PM.