Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Thats the one!
    The story involved a butt load of characters…:
    Hahaha. I remember buying that issue because of the cover and really enjoying it even if I had no idea what the heck was going on.

^^^Agreed.
    It’s a great costume, and the whole “stripperific” argument does not hold up.
    It's straight up petty LOL.

I'm also going to give the side eye to the fact that the team is in San Francisco. I get it, Marvel hates the Midwest but do they have to be so obvious about it? It feels like Eve Ewing is the only person at Marvel that remembers that Chicago exist. It feels like the writers are absolutely terrified of the vast part of the USA that exist between New York and Los Angeles.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Hahaha. I remember buying that issue because of the cover and really enjoying it even if I had no idea what the heck was going on.

It's straight up petty LOL.

I'm also going to give the side eye to the fact that the team is in San Francisco. I get it, Marvel hates the Midwest but do they have to be so obvious about it? It feels like Eve Ewing is the only person at Marvel that remembers that Chicago exist. It feels like the writers are absolutely terrified of the vast part of the USA that exist between New York and Los Angeles.
    ^^^I really do like West coast teams, but I agree w. You that anything between it and the East coast gets ignored.

A map of the U.S. in Marvel comics must look like the Mad magazine fold in back covers.

^^^I really do like West coast teams, but I agree w. You that anything between it and the East coast gets ignored.

A map of the U.S. in Marvel comics must look like the Mad magazine fold in back covers.
    In the mind of a Marvel writer there is New York and California and everything else might as well be Utah to them. One big Utah.

What's really funny is Chicago looks and feels like a city more suitable for superhero shenanigans. But what do I know, this whole team is the kind of thing we used to make fun of DC for doing back in the day. Modern Marvel really is 1970s DC.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 04-17-2024 at 06:25 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    In the mind of a Marvel writer there is New York and California and everything else might as well be Utah to them. One big Utah.

What's really funny is Chicago looks and feels like a city more suitable for superhero shenanigans. But what do I know, this whole team is the kind of thing we used to make fun of DC for doing back in the day. Modern Marvel really is 1970s DC.
    ^^^LOL, you’ve got a point on both counts!

who is the Purple Girl? What is she carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who is the Purple Girl? What is she carrying?
    Asgardian i presume se was on the Thor Variant. Some form of Asgardian weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Asgardian i presume se was on the Thor Variant. Some form of Asgardian weapon.
    curious. Could be intriguing if they had picked another pantheon, this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. Could be intriguing if they had picked another pantheon, this time.
    May have it could be any Pantheon?

Figured i would post the variant covers since i bored and have nothing to do at the moment.