Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

It would work better if Marvel had an imprint like DC Zoom/Ink. Aiming them towards a younger demographic that wouldn't be as judgemental towards them is a better idea.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-23-2023 at 07:34 AM.

They could do to have more established characters then just Spider-Boy. Presumably these all have the same backstory Bailey has, and DC's Lost Children have - they were forgotten and just came back to reality. Which has made me think.... when did Vision or Viv last mention Vin? Has he been referenced AT ALL since Tom King's Vision ended? That White Vision could be him. That would also provide a link to the previous Champions team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They could do to have more established characters then just Spider-Boy. Presumably these all have the same backstory Bailey has, and DC's Lost Children have - they were forgotten and just came back to reality. Which has made me think.... when did Vision or Viv last mention Vin? Has he been referenced AT ALL since Tom King's Vision ended? That White Vision could be him. That would also provide a link to the previous Champions team.
    I don't mind using an existing character in a few of these. Or if a few of them are new characters with ties to an existing one.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-01-2024 at 04:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Well I hope Sam is grateful there isn’t a new Champion Nova.
    Meanwhile there’s a new Champion to take over from the main Champions like
    Kamala
    Miles
    Viv
    Riri
    Amadeus
    Patriot as Rayshaun
    And some young Avengers
    Wiccan
    Patriot as Eli
    Also
    Robbie Reyes
    Brielle Brooks
    Laura and Gabby
    Polaris

These are cool concept art but I'm skeptical of them as new additions. Currently they feel more like Boruto and they could learn alot from how the various Joestars of JJBA are handled.

In my previous post, I didn't mind using an existing character for a few if these characters. I didn't mind if a few others are new characters with ties to an existing one like Red Goblin or Nadia van dyne. Making a few of them mutants would also help as you could do a YA style misdirect.

Putting them in a seperate line for kids and marketing them like Digimon/pokemon was would be my approach.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-01-2024 at 02:43 PM.

They're debuting in Spider-Woman in April and it looks like they'll be San Francisco based, thus not actually overlapping the territory of the "old" Champions.

SPIDER-WOMAN #6

STEVE FOXE (W) • Ig Guara (A)

Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

VAMPIRE VARIANT COVER BY BELÉN ORTEGA

VARIANT COVER BY RICKIE YAGAWA

SAN FRANCISCO BOUND!

Brokenhearted, Jess decides to leave New York for a fresh start. But the trek across country will not be a smooth ride. A new adventure starts here! Introducing some new faces and with the potential to become New…Champions?!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/01/25/fu...solicitations/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder how long they'll last before Marvel loses interest in them and banishes them to limbo. Young/teen heroes don't do well in Marvel anymore with only certain ones getting the push.

Honestly, it's odd to launch them without first relaunching the team with the kids we actually know. Especially since if they're based in San Francisco and not New York, they're basically going to be the West Coast Champions, rather than directly replacing Kamala's team (which still existed until at least the Fallen Friend one-shot last year despite their book being cancelled in the pandemic aftermath). I assumed Spider-Boy would serve as the new team's anchor, but if they're not in NYC it doesn't make sense for Bailey to be there, despite being shown as part of the New Champions in Timeless.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly, it's odd to launch them without first relaunching the team with the kids we actually know. Especially since if they're based in San Francisco and not New York, they're basically going to be the West Coast Champions, rather than directly replacing Kamala's team (which still existed until at least the Fallen Friend one-shot last year despite their book being cancelled in the pandemic aftermath). I assumed Spider-Boy would serve as the new team's anchor, but if they're not in NYC it doesn't make sense for Bailey to be there, despite being shown as part of the New Champions in Timeless.
    Are we sure they’re in San Francisco and not that Jess meets them cross country on the way to San Francisco?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I wonder how long they'll last before Marvel loses interest in them and banishes them to limbo. Young/teen heroes don't do well in Marvel anymore with only certain ones getting the push.
    Hopefully only a couple of issues.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

We're not 100 % sure they are the Champions Jessica will meet.
    Maybe she'll just make a new Champions team with Hawkeye or Porcupine or whoever.

But if it's really those teen champions, things don't look good for them if they are going to be introduced in a series that is far from being a major one.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    We're not 100 % sure they are the Champions Jessica will meet.
    Maybe she'll just make a new Champions team with Hawkeye or Porcupine or whoever.

But if it's really those teen champions, things don't look good for them if they are going to be introduced in a series that is far from being a major one.
    I’m all in if Hawkeye and the Porcupine are included. Marvel needs to bring Roger back.

They might work in a relaunch
    Of the initiative. The Avengers decide to take a more proactive approach in training the heroes of tomorrow. Unlike the champions these characters are preteens and have more supervision.

You could market it like the Young Justice cartoon was.

Rather than compete with the Champions, I rather the Champions and Young Avengers be upperclassmen to these kids.

We get 3 age groups- preteen, teen, 20-somethings.

PS- Ben Grimm should be a coach like Red Tornado was
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-28-2024 at 06:41 AM.

SPOILERS for Spider-Woman #6
    spoilers:
    Looks like they are in San Francisco and will be called the Assembly.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 04-17-2024 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    SPOILERS for Spider-Woman #6
    spoilers:
    Looks like they are in San Francisco and will be called the Assembly.
    end of spoilers
    ^^^Well, I do like spoilers:
    West Coast teams
    end of spoilers so this piques my interest. Thanks for sharing!