Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Let's be glad that he didn't bother to use Earth-X Mayday Parker who was used in the Uncanny Avengers at the time. So Slott didn't get the chance to kill off either her or Peter Parker from that timeline because her code name is Spider-Venom.
    Makes complete sense.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I wasn't aware Slott's expressed such hatred for Mayday.

Is there anyone else he hates?
    Well there's Black Cat and I haven't seen much love for MJ. The Mayday thing is actually me expecting the worst. Honestly I'm beginning to dread Spider-verse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-surpriSE View Post
    Well there's Black Cat and I haven't seen much love for MJ. The Mayday thing is actually me expecting the worst. Honestly I'm beginning to dread Spider-verse.
    So is this one of those things where since he doesn't kiss a character's butt the way some readers want, he hates them?

MJ did the whole Empire State Building deal at the end of Spider-Island, not to mention her having his back while he cured the city, but clearly he hates her. Fans have short memories.

So is this one of those things where since he doesn't kiss a character's butt the way some readers want, he hates them?

MJ did the whole Empire State Building deal at the end of Spider-Island, not to mention her having his back while he cured the city, but clearly he hates her. Fans have short memories.
    I didn't read spider-island but Superior portrayed MJ as an idiot who couldn't see through Otto's horrible acting. Then giving him the could shoulder when he did get back. Then there's Black Cat who he turned into a mustache twirling villain with one of the worst super villain origins of all time so he can prop up Silk.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Let's be glad that he didn't bother to use Earth-X Mayday Parker who was used in the Uncanny Avengers at the time. So Slott didn't get the chance to kill off either her or Peter Parker from that timeline because her code name is Spider-Venom.
    Don't think he could use Earth-X May even if he wanted to as she's still a member of the Chronos Corps and Kang's story isn't over in Uncanny Avengers yet. Poor Mayday, being forced to serve a villain.

Wonder if Morlun would dare to defy Kang and attack Earth-X Mayday since Kang is quite possessive when it comes to his pawns.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    I didn't read spider-island but Superior portrayed MJ as an idiot who couldn't see through Otto's horrible acting.
    Well, at least that was a surprise. As such a vocal Slott hater, I'm kind of shocked you haven't even read his whole run. Is it just SSM onwards you dislike?

Slott treated MJ very well up to SSM, even moving Pete and MJ much closer together. MJ wasn't an idiot in SSM, she barely saw Spider-man and, as someone who has witnessed multiple mood swings, dark turns, hitting her, lying, quitting Spider-man "forever" a few times, and even once cocooning himself up to the ceiling and proclaiming "I am the Spider!", she probably guessed he was going through yet another 'thing' and pushing her away again (Ock specifically told her they couldn't be together early on), followed by her believing Peter's explanation and, in exacerbation, telling him she can't do this anymore. Pretty reasonable, really.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Well, at least that was a surprise. As such a vocal Slott hater, I'm kind of shocked you haven't even read his whole run. Is it just SSM onwards you dislike?

Slott treated MJ very well up to SSM, even moving Pete and MJ much closer together. MJ wasn't an idiot in SSM, she barely saw Spider-man and, as someone who has witnessed multiple mood swings, dark turns, hitting her, lying, quitting Spider-man "forever" a few times, and even once cocooning himself up to the ceiling and proclaiming "I am the Spider!", she probably guessed he was going through yet another 'thing' and pushing her away again (Ock specifically told her they couldn't be together early on), followed by her believing Peter's explanation and, in exacerbation, telling him she can't do this anymore. Pretty reasonable, really.
    No. MJ is supposed to take it. Forever.

She gets to date Spider-Man! You know how many fans would kill to be her?

BANNED

I didn't read spider-island but Superior portrayed MJ as an idiot who couldn't see through Otto's horrible acting. Then giving him the could shoulder when he did get back. Then there's Black Cat who he turned into a mustache twirling villain with one of the worst super villain origins of all time so he can prop up Silk.
    Have Silk and Black Cat even interacted yet?

So basically, one story where you didn't like how MJ was written means Slott hates her. You don't think that sounds a little outrageous? I know we're all nerds here and all, but let's try to be a tad reasonable also.

So basically, one story where you didn't like how MJ was written means Slott hates her. You don't think that sounds a little outrageous? I know we're all nerds here and all, but let's try to be a tad reasonable also.
    Ha. Well said and, with your permission, your final sentence will be my new slogan!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Ha. Well said and, with your permission, your final sentence will be my new slogan!
    It'll be a good reminder for when I'm being unreasonable!

The way I read it. It seemed like she blamed him for the whole thing.

To answer your question yes they have as of Amazing #6. But the reason I think Silk was propped up was because of Black Cat's heel turn I think was made so he could put silk in that role. If I end up being wrong fine. Then I'll have egg on my face. But I don't think that'll happen.

I've tried approaching Slott's stories with Optimism but once bitten twice shy. Then there's Superior 9 that really rubbed me the wrong way. But the one thing that has me the most worried for Mayday are Slott's gleeful tweets of killing of the Spider characters.

BANNED

So what happens if Mayday doesn't die?
    Nothing. Mayday goes off on her merry way, and that's it. I'm just amazed he hasn't been hyping how she's totally going to die the same way he was hyping up how Flash and/or Venom would die in Darkest Hours.

We can all agree the Dan Slott will go down in Spider-Man history as being one of the most controversial writers of all time.
    Agreed. However, it's especially bad since Slott actually enjoys being a controversial writer.

I wasn't aware Slott's expressed such hatred for Mayday.

Is there anyone else he hates?
    I think the train of logic goes that Mayday is from a universe where Peter and MJ are married, so her existence would mean acknowledging the marriage, and considering how Slott started his run with an issue where Peter and MJ laugh at the very idea that they could be married, and because Slott doesn't like the marriage, it's expected that he kill off Mayday just to spite the idea of the marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Don't think he could use Earth-X May even if he wanted to as she's still a member of the Chronos Corps and Kang's story isn't over in Uncanny Avengers yet. Poor Mayday, being forced to serve a villain.

Wonder if Morlun would dare to defy Kang and attack Earth-X Mayday since Kang is quite possessive when it comes to his pawns.
    I don't see her on the initial Spider-Verse picture, but I could have missed her. Thought she was there. Either way, the Kang story ends right before Spider-Verse begins, so chances are that, after that story, Earth-X Mayday is "free" to be pulled into the events of Spider-Verse.

So that means there could be two versions of Mayday that Slott gets to choose from! Let's see which one he decides to kill off.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

The way I read it. It seemed like she blamed him for the whole thing.
    I think she was just utterly sick of the s**t-storm Spider-man constantly brings into her and Peter's lives together. It ties nicely (and I can't believe I'm using 'nicely' for the crap I'm about to bring up) into the reason for her choosing not to marry Peter in One Moment In Time (see?).

She did blame him to a degree, but only out of complete exhaustion of having this kind of c**p happen again and again and again. She still loves him, but for now (and it better just be for now) she can't be with him. Also, I thinks it's a pretty funny idea that she's dating a fireman who looks a bit like Peter and has the same hero complex. Bet he dies heroically within the next 50 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    I'm just amazed he hasn't been hyping how she's totally going to die the same way he was hyping up how Flash and/or Venom would die in Darkest Hours.
    I've heard of this before, what was Darkest Hours? Was it another Marvel event, or just the title I'm not remembering of a Slott arc?
    Last edited by exile001; 09-12-2014 at 03:57 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I think she was just utterly sick of the s**t-storm Spider-man constantly brings into her and Peter's lives together. It ties nicely (and I can't believe I'm using 'nicely' for the crap I'm about to bring up) into the reason for her choosing not to marry Peter in One Moment In Time (see?).

She did blame him to a degree, but only out of complete exhaustion of having this kind of c**p happen again and again and again. She still loves him, but for now (and it better just be for now) she can't be with him. Also, I thinks it's a pretty funny idea that she's dating a fireman who looks a bit like Peter and has the same hero complex. Bet he dies heroically within the next 50 issues.

I've heard of this before, what was Darkest Hours? Was it another Marvel event, or just the title I'm not remembering of a Slott arc?
    Darkest Hours was a 4 part story arc in Superior Spider-Man where the Venom Symbiote bonded with Spock. it ran from SSM#22 - SSM#26