Default Favorite horror scenes NOT from a horror "classic" aka Best B movie scenes?

What are your favorite horror scenes not from one of the classics of the genre? When you take away all the Jaws, Exorcists, Aliens, and other most beloved horror films and are just left with the movies no one ever talks about, which scenes are left that you love to see?

One I really like is from Crocodile (2000), and apologies for it being a foreign dub with some commentator I think talking through it - best I could find with a youtube search. Starts like 2 minutes in, the scene at the gas station/convenience store.

What I love about this scene is the sheer destruction of it. You don't expect a killer crocodile movie to have the creature rampaging in a largely modern store and all ending in an explosion (I like explosions, don't judge). For all the kills in the lake, in the woods around the lake, for all the boats that get destroyed in croc and gator movies or wooden sheds or cabins they bust up or even the whole damn helicopter in Lake Placid, there's something about a rampage scene in a store like you can literally find anywhere that just interests me more. Even if it's still a rural location in the middle of nowhere surrounded by nature on all sides, stores like that represent to me a sort of urban-ness or modernity that captures the here and now to me which just placed in an "animal attacks" flick is so captivating. Plus the croc is just a bad ass killing machine like a teeny tiny kaiju throughout so that's cool.

What are some of your favorite horror scenes from horror movies that are not part of the "popular horror films of all time"? What are some great scenes from less than great movies?

LAIR OF THE WHITE WORM has several trippy sequences, including the plane dream.

HOUSE (The Japanese one) is also full of crazy stuff, although one of the craziest is Aunty and the cat dancing and feeding what's left of "Mac" to her fish, all to a jazzy version of the theme tune that the cat meows along to.

Also Kung-Fu's disembodied legs managing to stun the cat picture/Aunty/Georgius for a minute.

Think Poltergeist kind of counts as they're not quite as popular as they were:

POLTERGEIST I of course has the famous face melting scene (although it's just a hallucination). Steven Spielberg's hands are actually the hands holding the face.

POLTERGEIST II of course has the classic scene with Kane at the screen door ("Let...me...in")

Last edited by ChrisIII; 07-16-2023 at 01:56 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

"Gone, Bitch we still here." I love Ernie Hudson also this film has a fantastic cast for any who never saw it it's great.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

[QUOTE=Jokerz79;6535564]"Gone, Bitch we still here." I love Ernie Hudson also this film has a fantastic cast for any who never saw it it's great.

I felt it was pretty good as well.

Deep Star Six. Another underwater horror film. I saw this when I was 13 with my mom. It had just come out on video. The decapitation scene grossed me out like crazy, lol. I think it was done pretty well being done with practical effects and all. It had a pretty decent cast with Miguel Ferrer.

Astonishing Member

While I have never actually watched the movie, I've heard about people fascinated about how violent the last Trank directed Fantastic Four movie became, which is the last thing you'd expect about this kind of movie when superhero movies are supposed to be among the most clean and safe genres for families, even if Sam Raimi being Raimi successfully injected his Evil Dead tropes into a Doctor Strange movie.

Extraordinary Member

The final scenes from Joy Ride (2001) starring Paul Walker and Steve Zahn.

That whole film is a nail biter and is one of my favorite scary movies.

Squirm (1976). The shower scene is a classic, with man-eating worms coming out of the shower head. But there are these other completely wild scenes with rooms completely filled with man-eating worms and people have to escape - and its pretty well done and believable. The film has always been one of my favorite low budget horror movies. As one review states "the film has the B movie stamp written all over it, with a generally low budget feel, some shoddy editing, and supporting players that seem to have been cast right out of the produce section at the Piggly Wiggly. But this film has oodles of charm! The main cast truly gives it their all, making their down-home characters quite believable in an otherwise ridiculous scenario. The gross-out effects from a then relatively unknown Rick Baker are a delight as well, providing plenty of barf bag moments for viewers."
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

MST3K did a riff on it, one of their last ones. They cut a lot of the gore out though. The director also wasn't too happy about it, and I think it's generally agreed it was one of the "better" films they made fun of (Think "Danger, Diabolik" which was the next and final sci-fi era episode, also has that somewhat dubious honor).

It also got attached to the short "A Case of Spring Fever" which was very deserving of it's treatments, about a man wishing that no springs would exist, his wish gets granted by a sprite, he regrets it and then spends the next ten minutes lecturing his annoyed friends about springs.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 07-18-2023 at 01:15 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

DEADLY BLESSING (1981)

Creepy Wes Craven film starring Maren Jensen (Athena from Battlestar Galactica), Susan Buckner, and Sharon Stone. Bathtub scene is disturbing.