Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Well, there you go.

I think it's time some of the Mutants to eats some Humble Pie and ask Madelyne Pryor for Sanctuary.

Also, didn't Orchis say earlier that they know where ALL the Mutants are? With there High Tech Stark Technoligy. But, they don't know where Polaris is or Jean LOL Idiots.
    LOL great point! "We know where all the mutants are... except this one and that one and this one..."

It's my headcanon that Betsy and Rachel grabbed the fam and dipped into another reality.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Moira is 100% being petty. Though she does have good reason to be for what Raven and Irene put her through but still...
    At that point that’s like glassing a city because 2 of the citizens beat you in a fight. Hell, at this point it just seems like her motivation is just purely her own survival, allying herself with whoever will facilitate that. She’s basically got no honor and is purely self-serving at this point.

Astonishing Member

I know they probably thought this was different and interesting coming from an "Orchis Agent" but it was just so forced and so much shit.
    It's worse when one has very little respect for Orchis because of how haphazard and messy their build up as "ultimate enemy of the X-men" and their upcomming victory can feel.

So all this attempt at trying to hype them up might summon a quote from a popular old comedy movie: "Get on with it!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It's worse when one has very little respect for Orchis because of how haphazard and messy their build up as "ultimate enemy of the X-men" and their upcomming victory can feel.

So all this attempt at trying to hype them up might summon a quote from a popular old comedy movie: "Get on with it!"
    Yeah, given how crap Orchis has been, and how much Krakoa has had to keep a death-grip on the Idiot Ball just to pump Orchis as a remotely believable threat, if Orchis actually does manage to do anything of significance it isn't going to make them look better, it's just going to make the mutants of Krakoa look even dumber and more passive, and, frankly, deserving of whatever spanking they get, for just letting Orchis bumble around as long as they have.

At one point, Xavier flat out claims that humanity will never be allowed to have a nuclear war, *because he won't allow it.* And Charles is just Jean's weak sister. Orchis is not a threat. Never has been. Never could be. And it just makes mutants (and the writers) look lazy to claim that they are.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. I would agree survival is close to the top but I would say revenge against mutant for having "betrayed her" is her primary motivation. After having her closest allies (Xavier and Magneto) turn against her/not follow her demands, then being depowered, then hunted and exiled from Krakoa, the Mutant Nation she helped create...she's definitely toting some hard feelings against mutants.

Now that she's T-M10 it's an easy guess she will absolutely side with OS and Nimrod to wipeout all of humanity but...I'm kind of hoping (against all hope) that she may end up being one of their saving graces. That would be a nice turn-around.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    This was a Funny Read.

This came off like some Religious Zealot trying to explain to me the definition of a Hypocrite. LOL. Anyway, I personally still don't see Orchis a Threat, but that's just me.

I can't wait for the other Shoe to Drop when Nimrod and Omega Sentinel turn on the Humans. And then Dr. Stasis turning on everyone. I think that would be more entertaining. But, I do agree with one thing Krakoa must fall so we can get a NEW Krakoan Government.

Does everyone understand Moira's Motivation? Is she really just being petty? Because that's what it's coming off as. At least to me it is.
    My wish-fulfillment exactly

Yupp. I would agree survival is close to the top but I would say revenge against mutant for having "betrayed her" is her primary motivation. After having her closest allies (Xavier and Magneto) turn against her/not follow her demands, then being depowered, then hunted and exiled from Krakoa, the Mutant Nation she helped create...she's definitely toting some hard feelings against mutants.

Now that she's T-M10 it's an easy guess she will absolutely side with OS and Nimrod to wipeout all of humanity but...I'm kind of hoping (against all hope) that she may end up being one of their saving graces. That would be a nice turn-around.
    I'm hoping the same thing. It's a hell of a long shot at this point but I'm not 100% convinced yet that she's forever lost.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Ehhh... I was expecting something like this following Chris Hassan's teaser on Twitter yesterday. It was cute I guess, not particularly insightful but as I mentioned before, it wouldn't have made sense to have an AMA with the Senior X-editor on the eve of a big event. Oh well, hopefully we'll get something out of San Diego at least.

BANNED

When and where (title and issue please) was Moira MacTaggert dubbed T-M10?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Ehhh... I was expecting something like this following Chris Hassan's teaser on Twitter yesterday. It was cute I guess, not particularly insightful but as I mentioned before, it wouldn't have made sense to have an AMA with the Senior X-editor on the eve of a big event. Oh well, hopefully we'll get something out of San Diego at least.
    Yeah, that was my fear as well. It did give a bit of insight about some things (confirming ahead of time that the immunity is gone and possibly that the US is siding with Orchis). We weren't going to get much from this, so I don't mind having it come from Orchis perspective to try and make up for the lack of info we'd get.

I can't see those Orchis uniforms and not think they're basically just red AIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    At that point that’s like glassing a city because 2 of the citizens beat you in a fight. Hell, at this point it just seems like her motivation is just purely her own survival, allying herself with whoever will facilitate that. She’s basically got no honor and is purely self-serving at this point.
    At this point she's not even Moira.

Everyone involved with this abomination of a letter column is getting way too high on their own supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm hoping the same thing. It's a hell of a long shot at this point but I'm not 100% convinced yet that she's forever lost.
    I can see it now:
    Nimsy: Why isn't the Decimation ray working? I keep pressing the trigger but nothing's happening!
    T-M10: That would be me.
    OS and Nimsy, in unison: But why? You're one of us!!!
    T-M10: *to Nimsy...I was never one of you...ew.
    *to OS: If not for you, I wouldn't be here, looking like this...you fucking ruined my original mutant annihilation plans. You think I'd just let that slide? So yeah...eat
    decimation lead, shit bags!!!
    *activates the real Decimation rays (plural) that were pointed at OS and N all this time. They are discorporated down to the sub atomic level and scattered throughout
    space and time never to be seen and heard from again.
    T-M10: Now for Mystique and Destiny...
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-17-2023 at 09:44 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I can see it now:
    Nimsy: Why isn't the Decimation ray working? I keep pressing the trigger but nothing's happening!
    T-M10: That would be me.
    OS and Nimsy, in unison: But why? You're one of us!!!
    T-M10: *to Nimsy...I was never one of you...ew.
    *to OS: If not for you, I wouldn't be here, looking like this...you fucking ruined my original mutant annihilation plans. You think I'd just let that slide? So yeah...eat
    decimation lead, shit bags!!!
    *activates the real Decimation rays (plural) that were pointed at OS and N all this time. They are discorporated down to the sub atomic level and scattered throughout
    space and time never to be seen and heard from again.
    T-M10: Now for Mystique and Destiny...

*curtsies, while blowing kisses*

It's still self-serving and villainous but I would think she feels that if anyone is to ultimately make the mutants pay for what they did/didn't do...It should/would be her and only her.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-17-2023 at 09:57 AM.