Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I see your point and agree with it since Orchis can now circumvent Krakoan Bio-Tech and Trans-Gates... But, still setting Moria on fire as a precautionary warning under the "just in case" rationale is not a justifiable reason to kill her a'la Minority Report/Pre-Crime. That's enough to make even the most passive of pacifist vengeful.
    Yeah, they went overboard because they were/are villains. But I'd argue that they still had a point about how the mutant cure was problematic regardless of Moira's intent. Plus Moira's second life was about finding a way to get out of the cycle, she only started helping mutants after it was made clear that she would be stuck as one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Yeah, they went overboard because they were/are villains. But I'd argue that they still had a point about how the mutant cure was problematic regardless of Moira's intent. Plus Moira's second life was about finding a way to get out of the cycle, she only started helping mutants after it was made clear that she would be stuck as one.
    Then under the circumstance, wouldn't you say Moria came to see the flaws in her rationale? Oh, and let's not forget former ally Karima Shapandar's part in all of this since she is not a mutant... Being co-opted by Malice and all.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-18-2023 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    A lot seems to get made out of an odd exchange between Moira and Destiny that mentions a cure, which is very strange because the same story made it known that before OS comes back and changes events in Moira's tenth life her plan was shown to be mutant domination over everything including dominions.

What is the truth? Who knows. My point? None of this matters to whoever the next writer is (if it even mattered to the past writer to make sense of it).
    OS? What does that mean or stand for, Omega Sentinel?
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-18-2023 at 12:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member

OS? What does that mean or stand for?
    Omega Sentinel (I apologize though the shorthand had been used already in this thread).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Omega Sentinel (I apologize though the shorthand had been used already in this thread).
    Heh! Truth be told when I see "OS" I immediately think "Operating System"

Then under the circumstance, wouldn't say Moria came to see the flaws in her rationale? Oh, and let's not forget former ally Karima Shapandar's part in all of this since she is not a mutant... Being co-opted by Malice and all.
    I didn't see it that way, but yeah that's a valid interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    At that point that’s like glassing a city because 2 of the citizens beat you in a fight. Hell, at this point it just seems like her motivation is just purely her own survival, allying herself with whoever will facilitate that. She’s basically got no honor and is purely self-serving at this point.
    1) When we go back to the 10 timelines from HOX/POX, one thing she hasn’t tried is allying herself with Orchis.

2) It turns out Moira X has developed a secondary mutation. It is the exact opposite of Isca’s. Moira X is always destined to LOSE.

3) By allying herself with Orchis, Orchis by definition loses.

4) Even in her robotic state, she’s has enough organic material to maintain her time resetting mutation.

4) Moira X takes the cure that she herself invented way back when.

5) Moira commits suicide by allowing a pissed off Omega Sentinel, the only Orchis member left, to kill her.

6) The current timeline is locked into place with Moira X dies a hero to both mutants and humanity.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 07-18-2023 at 10:48 PM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    When we go back to the 10 timelines from HOX/POX, one thing she hasn’t tried is allying herself with Orchis.
    Hmm... Is that a fact? Then why, if I'm not mistaken, is Moria a cyborg with a Techno-Organic arm (Warlock's doing) now courtesy of Orchis and Nimrod?
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-19-2023 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

Dear Marvel authors,

could anyone be so kind and give us a reason for Moira's motivation? I still really don't get it/her.

Cheers

Hmm... Is that a fact? Then why, if I'm not mistaken, is Moria a cyborg with a Techno-Organic arm (Warlock's doing) now courtesy of Orchis and Nimrod?
    I mean, not the current timeline, obviously. What I wrote in my post is speculation for what’s going to happen in this timeline moving forward.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Dear Marvel authors,

could anyone be so kind and give us a reason for Moira's motivation? I still really don't get it/her.

Cheers
    My understanding is that Moira wanted Krakoa to work, at least at first—but she was keeping her options open. When cracks started appearing in the foundations, she resorted to Plan B: digging up the mutant cure. Anything to prevent a mutants vs humans vs machines bloodbath and ensure her own survival. After losing faith in Xavier and Magneto, and that nasty business with Mystique and Destiny, she just says to hell with it and joins what she knows will be the winning team.

But yeah, the whole thing is really screwy. It's my understanding that Hickman wasn't planning for Moira to go bad and just kind of fudged it in a way that his successors could try to make sense of on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Dear Marvel authors,

Cheers
    Dear Marvel,

Let me write motivation for her. I habe good ideas and everyone will love them
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Call for questions!

X-Men Monday Call for Questions: Alex Segura for ‘X-Men Unlimited: Control’
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/07/20/x-...men-unlimited/

"That’s right, Polaris fans, your time has come. Dust off those burning Lorna Dane questions and writer Alex Segura will answer them in an upcoming edition of X-Men Monday!"

Accepting Questions About: X-Men Unlimited: Control, Alex’s opinions about Polaris and the X-Men

Deadline: Tuesday, July 24 @ 5 PM EST
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I mean, not the current timeline, obviously. What I wrote in my post is speculation for what’s going to happen in this timeline moving forward.
    Ah, then I misunderstood

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Dear Marvel,

Let me write motivation for her. I habe good ideas and everyone will love them
    Hmm... I was under the impression that her motivation was due to Raven and Irene torturing her because of her so-called "mutant cure" which reminds me -- What ever happened to Dr. Kavita Rao and her Hope Serum (Psst! Beast has the only remaining vial of Hope Serum -- See: Astonishing X-Men Vol 3 #6 and X-Men: Blind Science Vol 1 #1) and why didn't Raven and Irene go after her before they went after Moria? Anywho, here's my crude visual timeline of recent events concerning Moria/Moria X, her Techno-Organic arm, and her connection to Orchis.

Last edited by Micabe; 07-20-2023 at 12:52 PM.