Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Favorite Justice League Line-up

I started to make a poll but there's just too many different line-ups over the years to include them all. Odds are, there won't ever be a perfect line-up of characters, but which comes close for you?

Line-ups can include comics (Silver Age, Satellite years, JLI/America/Europe, JLA, etc...) or cartoons (Super Friends, Challenge of SF, JLU, etc...) tv shows, video games, or films.

It must have been an existing line-up (no "I wish we had had this line-up).

Mine is definitely the Satellite Years. What's yours?

Last edited by caj; 07-18-2023 at 05:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

You can identify your favorite line-up using comic issue numbers, writers or artists, actors or directors... however you choose.

Incredible Member

The Dick ‘n Donna team.

Hopefully this counts, but my choice would be The SuperBuddies

The story was crap, but the JL #75 team was pretty close to perfection. It’s a shame they only got together to be “killed off” for Dark Crisis.

In terms of story, it’s a tie between initial JLI arcs and Morrison’s pantheon.
    I’m also really fond of the Satellite League, but the lack of diversity in such a big team bothers me.

Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Elongated Man, Vixen, Steel, Vibe and Gypsy. Justice League Vol. 01 #233.

Nah, just kidding. I liked the JL Detroit, but not my favorite. I think the team of Justice League #1, By Giffen, DeMatties and McGuire, of Batman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern Guy Gardner, Blue Beetle, Mr. Miracle, the female Dr. Light, Dr. Fate, Black Canary and Captain Marvel was VERY exciting. IMHO, it didn't have the time to really show us how great it really was, with Dr. Light soon leaving, followed by Dr. Fate and Captain Marvel, however, IMHO, it really WAS the return to greatness.

Peace

Definitely, my next choice would be...

JLA: The Obsidian League

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-17-2023 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

In terms of lineup, I'll have to go with
    #1 Satellite era League

#2 Meltzer's JLA lineup

#3 Justice League Spectacular (it's a bit of a cheat because it's JLA and JLE, but I consider them one team with two halves)

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The story was crap, but the JL #75 team was pretty close to perfection. It’s a shame they only got together to be “killed off” for Dark Crisis.

^^^Thats a damn good line up!

For me, it’s the Big Seven (with Kyle and Wally)…

…and the Year One team (with Black Canary not WW).

There are so many line-ups I like or love...the JLI, the Obsidian Age League, the Meltzer line-up, the vast team from JLU, the Robinson team, even the 52 team with Super-Chief, Bulleteer, and Ambush Bug.

But I think my favorite has to be the original Justice League Europe line-up. I was SO into the Captain Atom, Animal Man, and Flash books at the time, Metamorpho had become a favorite character of mine from the Outsiders series, and Power Girl and Elongated Man had been featured enough in previous books I'd read that I had a fondness for them. Add the redesigned and fleshed-out Rocket Red and it was the perfect line-up for me. Shame that Wonder Woman didn't stick around long at all, but she was never the main draw of the book for me.

JLE.jpg

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The McDuffie League which consisted of:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    GL Hal Jordan
    GL John Stewart
    Flash
    Black Canary
    Red Arrow
    Black Lightning
    Vixen
    Red Tornado
    Zatanna
    Firestorm
    Dr. Light(Kimiyo)
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    There are so many line-ups I like or love...the JLI, the Obsidian Age League, the Meltzer line-up, the vast team from JLU, the Robinson team, even the 52 team with Super-Chief, Bulleteer, and Ambush Bug.

But I think my favorite has to be the original Justice League Europe line-up. I was SO into the Captain Atom, Animal Man, and Flash books at the time, Metamorpho had become a favorite character of mine from the Outsiders series, and Power Girl and Elongated Man had been featured enough in previous books I'd read that I had a fondness for them. Add the redesigned and fleshed-out Rocket Red and it was the perfect line-up for me. Shame that Wonder Woman didn't stick around long at all, but she was never the main draw of the book for me.

JLE.jpg
    I find it interesting that Diana was front and center in the ad, as if she had top billing, and yet she was hardly in the book at all. (80's version of bait and switch?) Any way, I also loved this line-up and this book.

For my next line-up, I'm gonna go with the 90's pre-Judgment Day team of Wonder Woman, Captain Atom, Guy Gardner Warrior, the Ray, Blue Beetle, Fire, Ice, Booster Gold, Maxima and Bloodwynd. This team was hardly ever in the same page together, but it was a line-up that I really wanted to see more of then we got.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 07-18-2023 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    The McDuffie League which consisted of:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    GL Hal Jordan
    GL John Stewart
    Flash
    Black Canary
    Red Arrow
    Black Lightning
    Vixen
    Red Tornado
    Zatanna
    Firestorm
    Dr. Light(Kimiyo)
    The McDuffie's League was defiantly a dream come true for me. That lineup would be number two only because the Satellite team was my first JLA team I read as a kid. In third place would be the initial lineup of the JLE. Bart Sears' art helped me realize I was gay. He knows how to draw the male body (see the post above) and he was the unsung blueprint to the exaggerated bodies the 90's were known for. Too bad those that followed couldn't grasp human anatomy the way he did.

Incredible Member

My Top 5 Roster (in no particular order):

1) The DCAU Justice League
    2) Grant Morrison's Pantheon
    3) Brad Meltzer/ Dwayne McDuffie roster
    4) Young Justice roster
    5) Satellite Era Roster

Astonishing Member

To me as a kid, these were the Justice League!