Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Foxe Takes the Dark X-Men on a Horrific Adventure - Unlettered Preview Pages!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

What up, Ben? Wanna join the Dark X-Men?

CBR: It sounds like Krakoa might not be on the best terms with many of the world's governments after the Hellfire Gala, but what can you tell us about international relations with Limbo? Does working for the Queen of Limbo afford the Dark X-Men any sort of governmental or diplomatic protections?

Foxe: Another tricky one to answer just yet, but I can say that New York has not reneged on its treaty with the Limbo Embassy, enabling Maddie to not only keep an outpost to her realm right in the heart of the Big Apple, but also to offer sanctuary to the downtrodden, like Chasm at the end of Dark Web. Who knows who else may have taken her up on that offer or what they're running away from? Now whether or not those protections hold up is another matter.

"... but there's not a TON I can reveal about that just yet besides to say that that perspective is going to be key to how this team [gets] along. Gambit's a great example. On the X-Men, he's the dashing rogue (no pun intended) who has lived a rough life and occasionally is willing to go a little farther down morally gray paths than some of his more upstanding teammates might. But in a mix with folks like Azazel and Emplate, does Gambit become the good guy and moral heart of the team?!"

CBR: Finally, what else can you tell us about the action in Dark X-Men? What kind of threats and enemies are the heroes up against in the initial issues?

Foxe: Going to have to pull the SPOILER card again, although I will state the obvious in that Orchis is involved here, although it's a side of the organization we haven't seen in any other books. It's amused me some that no one has really asked about or guessed at the book's bad guys, but I guess this is a "With friends like these…" situation. Dark X-Men is playing for keeps, though. This book has a body count on both sides of the fight.
    Last edited by JB; 07-17-2023 at 12:48 PM.

I hope bearded Gambit is here to stay.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

The art looks really good here. Not much is revealed in this latest interview, but I'm curious about Gambit's role in this especially. And I'm very happy to see Ben Reilly although it's probably just a cameo.

This looks good.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I really like Gambit's beard too. And since Foxe mentioned her I really hope we get to see Elsie-Dee.

Oh, the book is sexy-sexy! Can't wait--seems like it's built to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Uncanny Avengers, rather than to the side, like Iceman or Nightcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    The art looks really good here. Not much is revealed in this latest interview, but I'm curious about Gambit's role in this especially. And I'm very happy to see Ben Reilly although it's probably just a cameo.
    part of the bridging backup by Nelson Daniel, I think. I wouldn't make much of it, at least if there's no follow-up mini to Dark's 5 issue run

Agreed about the art. And that third pic too. Is this the first time we've seen anything post Gala? I wonder if the US is doing like Canada and getting rid of mutants, or if they were just responding to an attack? It didn't look so bad in the FCBD Avengers X-Men.

Wait... did Albert just kill Archangel?
    Last edited by Arachne; 07-17-2023 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Wait... did Albert just kill Archangel?
    Hmm that's a great question. At first I thought that was one of the Orchis Logan clones but the red eye definitely signals him as Albert. Oh no I hope Warren doesn't die in the first issue!

Didn't Foxe say somewhere that they wouldn't all survive the first issue?

He sure did.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Agreed about the art. And that third pic too. Is this the first time we've seen anything post Gala? I wonder if the US is doing like Canada and getting rid of mutants, or if they were just responding to an attack? It didn't look so bad in the FCBD Avengers X-Men.
    I believe in one of the recent issues of X-Men it was said Orchis was working on a prison for mutants on Randall's Island (NYC). That might some of what we're looking at here. The pages in Uncanny Avengers seem pretty dark too and that's supposedly taking place in DC.

"... but there's not a TON I can reveal about that just yet besides to say that that perspective is going to be key to how this team [gets] along. Gambit's a great example. On the X-Men, he's the dashing rogue (no pun intended) who has lived a rough life and occasionally is willing to go a little farther down morally gray paths than some of his more upstanding teammates might. But in a mix with folks like Azazel and Emplate, does Gambit become the good guy and moral heart of the team?!"

Respect… for… Gambit?

Under this editorial?!?

(I’d argue that despite all the attempts at sabotage and character assassination over the years, including the latest R&G mini, he’s still been a good guy, but small victories. Also very here for that beard.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    He sure did.
    Everyone assumed he was going to kill off one of the D list characters, but watch him kill some of the bigger name ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I believe in one of the recent issues of X-Men it was said Orchis was working on a prison for mutants on Randall's Island (NYC). That might some of what we're looking at here. The pages in Uncanny Avengers seem pretty dark too and that's supposedly taking place in DC.
    X-Men 23 I believe, which makes me wonder if the US government has been in on this for a longer time or just reacting to what will happen during the Gala. I forgot about the Uncanny preview. Yeah, a lot of what we've seen so far is pretty dark.