Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It looks like Albert is a member of Orchis, he’s got the insignia. I thought a previous solicit said the Dark X-Men’s first mission was a rescue mission. Maybe they went for Warren and end up keeping Albert. Poor Angel.

Heh, if Maddie has her own Demon Cerebro, (Demonbro?) will she have a Demon Quiet Council? They’ll probably end up being less evil than the real QC. Demon Red Lagoon for drinks. Demon Brimstone Gala to party.

If Gambit is growing a depression beard over Rogue, this will be an instant pass for me. Just keep posting the pretty pictures of bearded and/or shirtless Gambit for me. It will be my bday when this comes out and I deserve it. It does look like Remy’s got a Carmen-shaped shadow.

warren is in his archangel form it would be surprising if he died but good considering how he was treated during the whole krakoa era... i cant guess that orchis thought elsee dee for forcing albert to work for them.

It will take a good explanation to justify that orchis makes the law in the United States when no one knew them before the day of judgment, it makes no sense the speed at which they imposed themselves, not to mention their means...

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    warren is in his archangel form it would be surprising if he died but good considering how he was treated during the whole krakoa era... i cant guess that orchis thought elsee dee for forcing albert to work for them.

It will take a good explanation to justify that orchis makes the law in the United States when no one knew them before the day of judgment, it makes no sense the speed at which they imposed themselves, not to mention their means...
    Lobbying, taking advantage of the terrorist attack we see in the FCBD issue and possibly the news about the flowers to push a media blitz. They've been building a prison in New York for the people they capture at/after the Gala they may have already been doing some work.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And let's not forget that a number of Orchis's people come from organizations like the late, lamented (and lamentable) S.H.I.E.L.D., which have had ties to the United States government in the past, not to mention that the US government in-universe has never been exactly opposed to more explicitly or openly genocidal measures against mutants "should it come down to that." Orchis is most likely just setting the stage for them to justify what they already wanted to do in the first place.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'm definitely going to give this book a try. Love the beard on Gambit. And I hope Foxe is true to his word and treats him with respect. Still don't like Maddies outfit. Ugh, can't believe I'm saying this, though I still hate him, I'm curious about Azazel in this.

Apart from Emplate's greenness, the colors wreally compliment the wonderful art. I wish we had Dean White on the book but I'm ok with this.

The Cerebone is perfectly creepy

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Apart from Emplate's greenness, the colors wreally compliment the wonderful art. I wish we had Dean White on the book but I'm ok with this.
    Emplates look is worrisome...I hope he doesn't end up looking like an ashy Snuffleupagus
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Foxe promised a competent Gambit in Dark X-Men, so I preordered it.
    Don't let me down, Steve.

Foxe told that Gambit in Dark X-Men that is self-sufficient, competent, and hardened from a life that’s thrown a lot his way, including some stuff readers won’t know about until this summer.
    That bearded Gambit really shows it.
    I hope nothing has happened to his cats.

Rogue would be looking after them, I assume?

I wonder what Gimmick is saying to Gambit there? Until she changed her costume in the latest Pride issue, she was basically cosplaying him (like the rest of her old team from Children of the Atom), so she ought to be fangirling at finally getting to meet him!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    Maybe they’ll fix Ben in this book. That would make me laugh. The x-office having to clean up Nick Lowe’s mess.
    Save us X-Office! You're our only hope

Astonishing Member

Maybe they’ll fix Ben in this book. That would make me laugh. The x-office having to clean up Nick Lowe’s mess.
    Save us X-Office! You're our only hope

Can't say I am a fan of a Spider-Man character taking up any space here(hopefully that is the only part he is in), and unlike most others I am not a fan of Gambit with a beard, but other than that this looks really good so far. The art is fantastic! The thing I am most looking forward to in this series is Gambit and Gimmick's interactions and relationship.

Sadly I don’t see that happening especially when Janine trying to break Ben out of prison is a plot point for Amazing Spider-Man Annual.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rogue would be looking after them, I assume?

I wonder what Gimmick is saying to Gambit there? Until she changed her costume in the latest Pride issue, she was basically cosplaying him (like the rest of her old team from Children of the Atom), so she ought to be fangirling at finally getting to meet him!
    The last time we saw Gambit's cats were at the end of the recent mini. Apparently he keeps them with him wherever he goes, because they were staying in at the time New York and they were there with Rogue and Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Wait... did Albert just kill Archangel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Hmm that's a great question. At first I thought that was one of the Orchis Logan clones but the red eye definitely signals him as Albert. Oh no I hope Warren doesn't die in the first issue!
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Everyone assumed he was going to kill off one of the D list characters, but watch him kill some of the bigger name ones.
    Over in the Archangel Appreciation thread we guessed that Archangel would be the character that was killed in the first issue all the way back in April.

We figured it would be one of the characters who were more popular and well known that would die. If that was going to be the case than Warren made the most sense to be the one who died. The comic has been described as a vehicle for Maddy and Havok. That would rule them out. It doesn't make sense for Gambit to be the one to die in issue one either, seeing as his relationship with Rogue is meant to touched up on in this series and other future comics. That really only left Archangel as the candidate to die. It kind of killed of a lot of the discussion in the Archangel Appreciation thread.

The Fall of X trailer hinted that Warren would be the one to die, and now we have this preview art.

It's going to suck for us to be proven right if Warren is killed.