Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Marvel has gained zero from them being in the present. They are just a way for writers to ignore plots and focus on completely unnecessary and unrelated stuff.

There's certainly a believable way to send them back: they go back and forget everything that happened to them.
    Or the writers disagree with you and think that they make for good plots,

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    The marvel universe has nothing to gain by having them here. They don't add anything new. They have rehashed every story so far. I think by sending them back we can get a focus back to the books that will allow more focus on the traditional themes of the X-men that push them forward. Right now we have the opposite.

o
    Nothing to gain? Have you seen their sales numbers?

Do you think that anything is more important to the Business that is Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    What have they gained from them being here, other than having shittier versions of Jean Grey and Angel back?
    They gain the thing that they exist to create, profits

BANNED

It wouldn't be so annoying if there was a plot.

It's the O5 going "urmagerd evereething is shockiiiinnng I'm freeeeaking out!" over and over again because their are lots of clones around. Then a random character shows up and says "Beast sux" and a villain reveals that "I did 4 da h8s" and then repeat from the beginning with the O5 meeting fellow alternate reality versions of the 616 O5 and being Sooo shocked and "freaking out."

Also, 616 Cyclops will periodically show up to be sexually propositioned by a child and tell everyone how he didn't kill Xavier.

Rise and repeat, with no hint of any cohesive narrative or storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post

It's the O5 going "urmagerd evereething is shockiiiinnng I'm freeeeaking out!" over and over again because their are lots of clones around. Then a random character shows up and says "Beast sux" and a villain reveals that "I did 4 da h8s" and then repeat from the beginning with the O5 meeting fellow alternate reality versions of the 616 O5 and being Sooo shocked and "freaking out."

Also, 616 Cyclops will periodically show up to be sexually propositioned by a child and tell everyone how he didn't kill Xavier.

Wait, how the lack of any cohesive narrative or storytelling is the O5's fault ?. Is not like it has been like this since at least Schism.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Sounds like a plot to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Sounds like a plot to me.
    Ok.

10 characters

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Ok.

10 characters
    Give it some time Peggy, it's only been 30 or so issues. There's no rush.

BANNED

I'm sure the story will start moving eventually. Maybe over the next 10 issues or so they'll meet more alternate reality characters. Perhaps someone will be freaking out.

I can't wait.

I'm sure the story will start moving eventually. Maybe over the next 10 issues or so they'll meet more alternate reality characters. Perhaps someone will be freaking out.

I can't wait.
    They are waiting for the stories in the other X-books to move. Wouldn't want to make them look bad in comparison...

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

I don't care what happens for the O5 so long as Rogue, Psylocke, Gambit and Magik aren't retconned out of existence or into completely different characters. The most bland cast of X-Men taking center stage peeves me; I'm hoping the pay off is worth it.

The only thing Marvel could gain, I belive, by sending the O5 back to their own time is a soft (or hard) reboot: none of that tragic stuff would happen as the O5 would be able to combat it all before it even a chance to begin. Also, Jean goes Dark Phoenix without Phoenix Force; proving once & for all that she truly is inherently evil.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    I don't care what happens for the O5 so long as Rogue, Psylocke, Gambit and Magik aren't retconned out of existence or into completely different characters. The most bland cast of X-Men taking center stage peeves me; I'm hoping the pay off is worth it.

The only thing Marvel could gain, I belive, by sending the O5 back to their own time is a soft (or hard) reboot: none of that tragic stuff would happen as the O5 would be able to combat it all before it even a chance to begin. Also, Jean goes Dark Phoenix without Phoenix Force; proving once & for all that she truly is inherently evil.
    Well, if you have read Uncanny Avengers, you would know that for Rogue is already too late.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

They gain nothing for sending them back. Keeping them in the present or going on multiverse adventures like the Exiles will make them much more money.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 09-07-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Marvel has gained zero from them being in the present. They are just a way for writers to ignore plots and focus on completely unnecessary and unrelated stuff.

There's certainly a believable way to send them back: they go back and forget everything that happened to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    The marvel universe has nothing to gain by having them here. They don't add anything new. They have rehashed every story so far. I think by sending them back we can get a focus back to the books that will allow more focus on the traditional themes of the X-men that push them forward. Right now we have the opposite.

o
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    If thye don't send them back it leaves the very real option of killing off the present day Iceman, Beast, Angel, and even Cyclops.
    I get the feeling this might be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    I'm probably biased, as I enjoy All-New X-Men, but I agree with the OP: I cannot see the imperative, financial or otherwise, for Marvel to cancel the series and return the 05 to the past while it remains one of the best selling, most popular titles.

Cross-over events featuring the 05 aside, I am also unclear why its mere presence (relatively high in the sale lists) is preventing other X-titles telling fresh, original stories, which garner good sales and critical acclaim. I'm also uncertain, as has been suggested, that it should be scrapped because another, hypothetical, teen title not featuring the 05 might sell well. I'm sure there are very good arguments to be made there but at the moment I'm unconvinced.

I think there's about as much chance of Marvel cancelling ANXM in the near future as there is of Garth Ennis being announced as the replacement writer for the Death of Wolverine.
    Because Marvel is pushing them as the X-Men, not some off-shoot book that has nothing to do with the main franchise -- which they are. Their resources, advertising and promotion are directed at the reboot X-Men, not the current X-Men. It undermines the franchise as a whole to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Putting aside the fact that there isn't really any believable way that them going back could be reconciled with continuity, what would Marvel have to gain by doing this?
    why not? Why would it be so difficult to say that bringing them to the future just created a divergent timeline? Sending them back to their past (new timeline), shouldn't necessarily have any effects on 616