Default Garou & Saitama vs. Adam (Record of Ragnarok)

Not 2v1. These are 1v1 fights.

Let's assume Adam's copying ability works as intended despite the fact that his opponents are mortal.

Who takes this? How does Garou's copying interact against Adam's?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

No limits fallacy would seem to cap out Adam waaaaaaaaaaaay before he can equal Saitama or Garou. I wouldn't handwave him the ability to approach the power in Saitama's big toe. Saitama simply operates on a massively higher scale.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    No limits fallacy would seem to cap out Adam waaaaaaaaaaaay before he can equal Saitama or Garou. I wouldn't handwave him the ability to approach the power in Saitama's big toe. Saitama simply operates on a massively higher scale.
    I don't know if Adam can copy that time skip thing why notSaitama punching?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

How fast is Baldy nowadays? Faster than RoR Zeus and his faster than time (or whatever it was) punch thing?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't know if Adam can copy that time skip thing why notSaitama punching?
    That's the no limits fallacy coming to play. Here, he can only copy things up to what he has actually copied before. Saitama sneezes and destroys a lot of Jupiter. Adam hasn't busted a city-sized chunk of land or taken anything like that. RoR just doesn't operate on anything approaching the scale of OPM.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That's the no limits fallacy coming to play. Here, he can only copy things up to what he has actually copied before. Saitama sneezes and destroys a lot of Jupiter. Adam hasn't busted a city-sized chunk of land or taken anything like that. RoR just doesn't operate on anything approaching the scale of OPM.
    But if he can copy time powers from a god why not super strength? I would agree if we were talking about say TOAA but opm is just Physical powers right?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

But if he can copy time powers from a god why not super strength?
    Explain what this means as a point of comparison. By what metric do time powers compare to sneezing away a mass many many many times greater than the Earth? In what way does being a god compare to being Saitama?
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Explain what this means as a point of comparison. By what metric do time powers compare to sneezing away a mass many many many times greater than the Earth? In what way does being a god compare to being Saitama?
    I figured copying time powers would at least make it possible to copy god like strength or at least make it possible like if you can copy Reality warping you can probably copy time control right? Other than that I really didn't say being a god really had anything to do with it as opm can definitely kill any god on that show Also the powers don't compare I never said they did just wondering how copying works.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I mean you said "if Adam can copy that time skip thing why not Saitama punching?" Specifically in response to a no-limits citation, which sounds a lot like saying they're related. The point here is that there's nothing about copying "time powers" that actually tells us anything about the scale of powers he can copy except that esoterics are possible. There's nothing about Zeus being "a god" that helps there either. Those things can mean anything. They don't mean he can go wildly beyond the scale of anything shown in his own comic.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I mean you said "if Adam can copy that time skip thing why not Saitama punching?" Specifically in response to a no-limits citation, which sounds a lot like saying they're related. The point here is that there's nothing about copying "time powers" that actually tells us anything about the scale of powers he can copy except that esoterics are possible. There's nothing about Zeus being "a god" that helps there either. Those things can mean anything. They don't mean he can go wildly beyond the scale of anything shown in his own comic.
    OK I didn't really say it did and well that's not what I meant sorry for the confusion good day.
    Last edited by choptop; 07-30-2023 at 08:41 PM.