Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    ComicVine is terrible.
    I had to finally leave after years. Reddit is much more civil imo.

So apparently, the new 'Timeless' will have Luke Cage but with 'the powers of the Sentry' amongst other things.

*Sigh*

Spectacular Member

"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise."

I like The Sentry but he suffers from the "one story" problem. He is a character that only has one prestige story to tell. It doesn't work when you keep trying to tell new stories.

There is nothing wrong with that. The Watchmen are also characters with one prestige story to tell as well.

Jessica Jones is also one of these characters.

Unfortunately nothing is ever good enough and we can never stop trying so here is the newest Sentry.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I like The Sentry but he suffers from the "one story" problem. He is a character that only has one prestige story to tell. It doesn't work when you keep trying to tell new stories.
    Lemire proved this wrong, to be honest.

There are more stories to be told there with this character. The problem is that anytime anyone does something with him, someone else comes and undoes it right away. It is the essential frustration all of us are having.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 07-23-2023 at 09:11 AM.

Spectacular Member

Yep. Undone or outright ignored. Looking at you, KiB.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

There is nothing wrong with that. The Watchmen are also characters with one prestige story to tell as well.

Jessica Jones is also one of these characters.

Unfortunately nothing is ever good enough and we can never stop trying so here is the newest Sentry.
    The only thing I like about Sentry is the fact that he got his insane ass kicked by Blue Marvel. And, as for Jessica Jones, her character improved greatly (IMHO) when she married Luke Cage and they started a family.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-23-2023 at 10:30 AM.

So apparently, the new 'Timeless' will have Luke Cage but with 'the powers of the Sentry' amongst other things.

*Sigh*
    At this point I just find it funny. We just gonna have to wait for the Thunderbolts movie(if its not delayed).

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    The only thing I like about Sentry is the fact that he got his insane ass kicked by Blue Marvel. And, as for Jessica Jones, her character improved greatly (IMHO) when she married Luke Cage and they started a family.
    After comicvine I don't even have the energy to even address this. Especially being exhusted/frustrated with comic battle debating. lol! I have accepted that Sentry is a character that only a few ppl like myself like.

Astonishing Member

*Sigh*
    Knowing nothing about that, if it's Luke Cage having "the powers" and "other things" I feel optimistic. Sentry powers can mean a lot of things, even Sentry proper was often written in appearances during the Bendis era as just using the most common Superman powers, and if Cage doesn't remotely have a mental issue angle it's not remotely about Sentry anymore.

Going back to the Lemire story naysaying about Sentry stories being frozen in amber, Scout tried to become/replace Sentry entirely, and that plan failed spectacularly.

If the writing is as uninspired as one could expect of using Sentry powers as a gimmick, I'd hope the Cage stuff would be forgotten by the time a proper Sentry story is out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    At this point I just find it funny. We just gonna have to wait for the Thunderbolts movie(if its not delayed).
    The Thunderbolts production has already been halted due to the current writers/actors strike in Hollywood. It's an industry wide implications issue, not just a calendar delay issue.

Thanks for stopping by.

Spectacular Member

Funny how a lot of Brashear fans choose to interpret that fight.

Speaking of which. Another criminally under-used character.

BANNED

Thanks for stopping by.
    Thanks for inviting me

I think the union of Cage and Jones was a step backwards for Cage, but I'm on a Sentry thread so I will try to stay on topic.

I'm not really a fan of Blue Marvel because he is a lesser version of The Sentry.

Like the Sentry he invites the Superman comparisons.

Like The Sentry he has the "I have been here the entire time you just didn't know it" origin story.

Unlike The Sentry he doesn't have the one good story that won't let people leave him alone. That Jenkins/Lee series did a number on a lot of people. Blue Marvel doesn't really have anything like that.

Unlike the Sentry he is...well...boring which explains why his biggest moment was...fighting The Sentry.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post

The Thunderbolts production has already been halted due to the current writers/actors strike in Hollywood. It's an industry wide implications issue, not just a calendar delay issue.

Well that's just too bad but I wish those writers/actors luck.