Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    I lowkey want to burn my entire Marvel collection day by day. I slowly been messing with DC and indie/smaller comic publishers more.
    Naw, dude. Don't be like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Naw, dude. Don't be like that.
    I definitely have been messing with more indie comics.

Spectacular Member

DC isn't any better.

I think what vexes me about the character is that almost every writer who's written him has been in a disrespectful way or as a joke. Aside from Jenkins who created him, Parker and Lemire, I can't think of any others.

Also, i'm not sure if Marvel comics really wants to synergize with the MCU, given how badly it's been tanking, with no sign that that's going to change either. I get the feeling Thunderbolts will also bomb and the new Sentry will be going into limbo again shortly after.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

God, I hope not.

Now, if they had their druthers, they could use the Sentry to poke fun at the concepts of synergy and more, but it sounds like we're not going to get that.
    At this point nothing would surprise me.

In some ways this does feel like they're prepping the fanbase for a passing of the torch. Enjoy Bob while you can, folks. He may very well become Marvel's next Robert Grayson. "Who?" you ask. Exactly!

Astonishing Member

If it were me, I'd have this end with Bob reclaiming his mantle, but finally getting some much needed support from people who had seen into his world. Battling mental illness is usually a very lonely road.
    That's a good enough pitch I doubt it could be done justice in just 4 issues. Of course more comics could be authorized but that's not remotely guaranteed. I don't know if bad decompression is still as much of an issue in comics, but Lemire did more than enough in just 5 issues, and that was with a heavy focus on just Bob and Scout, and then Cranio. Iron Man and Doctor Strange were important to the plot, but mostly due to stuff that had already happened in previous comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    That's a good enough pitch I doubt it could be done justice in just 4 issues. Of course more comics could be authorized but that's not remotely guaranteed. I don't know if bad decompression is still as much of an issue in comics, but Lemire did more than enough in just 5 issues, and that was with a heavy focus on just Bob and Scout, and then Cranio. Iron Man and Doctor Strange were important to the plot, but mostly due to stuff that had already happened in previous comics.
    It's frustrating because Bob is a character that needs room to breathe and grow, and he isn't going to get it.

They're just looking to 'reset' the character for the MCU and we all know what that will wind up looking like.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    I lowkey want to burn my entire Marvel collection day by day. I slowly been messing with DC and indie/smaller comic publishers more.
    You ever get the feeling Marvel ran out of good stores to tell right before 2010?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    You ever get the feeling Marvel ran out of good stores to tell right before 2010?
    To me their last good big story was civil war.

Spectacular Member

To be completely honest, beyond his limited appearances since his first death in Siege, I've read very little Marvel. Picked up anything that Sentry appeared in between 2010 and now, but this new series will very likely be ignored by me, barring some revelation at the end, for Bob. Which, with the Thunderbolts film on the horizon, I seriously doubt.

I'm but a drop in the ocean - however Marvel Comics have very likely seen the last of my money.

Since the new series has this Reign of Supermen feel to it, I have to wonder, will we get a John Henry Irons (better known as Steel) analogue? Has the name Iron Sentry been taken yet?

Hmm, think I'll sketch that next.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Since the new series has this Reign of Supermen feel to it, I have to wonder, will we get a John Henry Irons (better known as Steel) analogue? Has the name Iron Sentry been taken yet?

See, I love the idea of 'Reign of the Sentries'. That, itself, is great!

But what they're probably going to *end* it on, I am less sure of.

I was thinking more of Dynamo 5.
    Also, isn't like Marvel have a lack of armored heroes. Nobody is permited to steal the spotlight of Riri Williams.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I was thinking more of Dynamo 5.
    Also, isn't like Marvel have a lack of armored heroes. Nobody is permited to steal the spotlight of Riri Williams.
    I'm honestly envisioning more of a Silver Surfer or Captain Atom-like metallic second skin rather than Stark-type armor. Or maybe even a Rom Spaceknight-type deal. I would have suggested Steel Sentry -- the alliteration works! -- but thought that was too much on the nose. In any event, just don't call him BOB AI. He doesn't like it when you call him AI. (Don't call him Void AI, either, if you value your life.)

I'm honestly envisioning more of a Silver Surfer or Captain Atom-like metallic second skin rather than Stark-type armor. Or maybe even a Rom Spaceknight-type deal. I would have suggested Steel Sentry -- the alliteration works! -- but thought that was too much on the nose. In any event, just don't call him BOB AI. He doesn't like it when you call him AI. (Don't call him Void AI, either, if you value your life.)
    I don't think the promotioonal image goes in that direction. Maybe even they go in a S.H.A.Z.A.M. /Forever people/Psy-Force rip and all the new Sentries combine to recreate Bob as one combined entity.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I don't think the promotioonal image goes in that direction. Maybe even they go in a S.H.A.Z.A.M. /Forever people/Psy-Force rip and all the new Sentries combine to recreate Bob as one combined entity.
    Since it states people are manifesting both his powers and memories, I would not be surprised if something similar this actually happens.