Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    I sympathize A LOT with the bolded...
    A lot of people who grokked what the character was about *do* sympathize with that.

The chances for transparent MCU 'synergy' results are high.

And we will all sigh wearily and return to our waiting game. Like I said, I'm hoping we're proven wrong and that this is a fun, meta take on reign of the supermen and legacies that nobody should want, but just months after 'You are more than a mere vessel, Robert Reynolds', it sounds like we're getting something that treats him as exactly that.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 08-13-2023 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ENTRYS View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-luigi-zagaria

Speaking of the devils future...

Yeah, I dunno about that one chief. I'm obviously gonna buy 5 copies of each issue and the TPB afterwards - and probably cover everything on Youtube again, but god damn, am I not hyped for that story.

"WHO WILL BE THE NEW SENTRY???"

Let me take a wild guess: an Asian guy because of Steven Yeun.

I'm just so tired of Marvel.
    Am I the only one getting Captain Universe vibes from this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    Nope. It's one of the things I don't like about it.

To me Marvel writers just see the character as a cool new "toy" to play with then dispose smdh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    A lot of people who grokked what the character was about *do* sympathize with that.

The chances for transparent MCU 'synergy' results are high.

And we will all sigh wearily and return to our waiting game. Like I said, I'm hoping we're proven wrong and that this is a fun, meta take on reign of the supermen and legacies that nobody should want, but just months after 'You are more than a mere vessel, Robert Reynolds', it sounds like we're getting something that treats him as exactly that.
    Good post and agreed.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Or the Shazams, perhaps? I just hope this doesn't end with the writer establishing that Bob suffers a dissociative identity disorder -- other than the Void, of course -- evinced by each of those new Sentries. Or worse, that the Sentry really is a group psychosis (psychoses) bound by a composite form. The Uni-Mind run amok. Or another Captain Planet.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-16-2023 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Or the Shazams, perhaps? I just hope this doesn't end with the writer establishing that Bob suffers a dissociative identity disorder -- other than the Void, of course -- evinced by each of those new Sentries. Or worse, that the Sentry really is a group psychosis (psychoses) bound by a composite form. The Uni-Mind run amok. Or another Captain Planet.
    Or that Bob was never really the true Sentry, etc, and is just another guy who is host to the memories of the *true* Robert Reynolds, who is totally conveniently some Asian dude.

There are a lot of ways this can go. Most of them are bad and any number of them would be a huge disservice to Jenkins original

For the first time I am not happy to see a new Sentry mini.

If it were me, I'd have this end with Bob reclaiming his mantle, but finally getting some much needed support from people who had seen into his world. Battling mental illness is usually a very lonely road.

What we don't need is Sentry power replacing the Not So Enigmatic Enigma force.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 08-16-2023 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Or that Bob was never really the true Sentry, etc, and is just another guy who is host to the memories of the *true* Robert Reynolds, who is totally conveniently some Asian dude.

There are a lot of ways this can go. Most of them are bad and any number of them would be a huge disservice to Jenkins original

For the first time I am not happy to see a new Sentry mini.

If it were me, I'd have this end with Bob reclaiming his mantle, but finally getting some much needed support from people who had seen into his world. Battling mental illness is usually a very lonely road.

What we don't need is Sentry power replacing the Not So Enigmatic Enigma force.
    Okay, now I'm getting vibes of that movie 'Identity' with John Cusack. I wonder if Bob is just one of the MANY personalities of the Sentry? Will we be meeting the rest of them in this new series?

Okay, now I'm getting vibes of that movie 'Identity' with John Cusack. I wonder if Bob is just one of the MANY personalities of the Sentry? Will we be meeting the rest of them in this new series?
    God I hope not.

Spectacular Member

Here's a crazy thought - bring Bob back and write him properly.

Shocking concept, I know.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Perhaps these other Sentries are chimera -- they don't really exist as part of the natural order -- created by the Void to weaponize Bob's own delusions against him? And maybe by the end of the series we'll finally reach the inevitable predicate: Bob, too, is a chimera.

Basically still is destroying the Bob character.
    But if indeed this is again another step in making the Marvel Comics universe like the MCU, well, it must be considered change the title of "the House of the ideas" to "the House of the advertisement".
    Still, maybe it is just missdirection and some surprise can be happen. We must give Marvel the benefit of the doubt until the series is published.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Perhaps these other Sentries are chimera -- they don't really exist as part of the natural order -- created by the Void to weaponize Bob's own delusions against him? And maybe by the end of the series we'll finally reach the inevitable predicate: Bob, too, is a chimera.
    God, I hope not.

Now, if they had their druthers, they could use the Sentry to poke fun at the concepts of synergy and more, but it sounds like we're not going to get that.

Spectacular Member

This is very likely going to suck, isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Guardian View Post
    This is very likely going to suck, isn't it.
    No idea. I doubt Jason Loo is a bad writer, but this whole thing isn't even his idea. It came from above, as he said, so I think we can guess what the desire here actually is and where it's gonna end up.

Let us also hope that's *not* the case.

I lowkey want to burn my entire Marvel collection day by day. I slowly been messing with DC and indie/smaller comic publishers more.