Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Guardian View Post
    KiB was a ****-show with Cates not even realising that Sentry and Void had merged. He was just thrown at the new villain for shock value.

And yeah, Bob should be able to auto-resurrect pretty much at will, so I just don't know what the thinking is here.

As far as I recall though, Misty Knight DID have a small role in the last Sentry mini, as his handler, or something.
    She detained Bob to take him to Iron Man for a failed attempt to contain him. At least the writer of this was aware of that story, Cates seemed to be not only totally unaware about it but also unaware about the more recent Annihilation Scourge event.

For that matter, since this new mini is acknowledging mystic continuity regarding both Doc Strange and Clea operating currently, and because Sentry was the final villain of the last Strange series (which treated Bob with at least some dignity), I wondered from the first issue preview if the disaster scene page was just a random person with Sentry powers causing a Nitro style accident, or if it maybe was the site of the villain headquarter that was blown up by Sentry at the conclusion of that Strange series. I'm not sure even a nuclear explosion of souls could really get rid of Sentry's body when it was intended to be a powerful vessel even in death. Maybe this is a sequel of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Wow, what an opening. So excited.

This is snark, by the way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Wow, what an opening. So excited.

This is snark, by the way.
    I wondered and got curious about how the first accident report seemed to be about how Sentress seemingly destroyed a whole building with Sentry powers yet saved everyone inside at the same time while destroying everything. Because Misty Knight and people reported people "woke up" from the attack afterwards and the only people missing was current Sentress.

Am I the only one who thinks that the dialogue feels very robotic?

Forgot this was even out. Lmaooo...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ENTRYS View Post
    what was even meant to be the point in calling this sentry vol 4 when sentry isnt gonna be a massive part in this other than a bunch of cameos

Astonishing Member

I just don't know why Jessica Jones and Misty Knight have to be so antagonistic with each other but I'm not familiar with the characters

I can't blame long time fans not having trust on this since it cements King in Black in Sentry canon and calls the storyline LEGACY from the get go.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan, who everyone expects to be the villain, killed his family or doesn't regret their death.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDebater1 View Post
    what was even meant to be the point in calling this sentry vol 4 when sentry isnt gonna be a massive part in this other than a bunch of cameos
    Technically everyday Bob was almost completely absent in Age of the Sentry, but it's dubious this could be as good.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

As a person who has not read any recent comics with Misty or Jessica in them, I am scratching my head as to the logic of either of them investigating anything involving someone on the Sentry's power scale. It feels like those old comics where the army shows up to deal with the Hulk. It's like watching a pesky Chihuahua chase a car. What does it honestly think will happen if it actually manages to catch the vehicle? From the get-go they are out of their depth. Surely, Marvel has a heavy hitter or two with decent CSI skills. If not, maybe they should consider creating one. Unless and until, they're really just foreshadowing PIS or some kind of temporary power creep for Knight and/or Jones.

Also, can someone please tell me if Jessica Jones has something more in her closet than the Fonz's hand-me-downs? The First Lady of New York really ought to wear couture when she's serving the community in an official capacity. Anything to help with the visuals here would be nice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    As a person who has not read any recent comics with Misty or Jessica in them, I am scratching my head as to the logic of either of them investigating anything involving someone on the Sentry's power scale. It feels like those old comics where the army shows up to deal with the Hulk. It's like watching a pesky Chihuahua chase a car. What does it honestly think will happen if it actually manages to catch the vehicle? From the get-go they are out of their depth. Surely, Marvel has a heavy hitter or two with decent CSI skills. If not, maybe they should consider creating one. Unless and until, they're really just foreshadowing PIS or some kind of temporary power creep for Knight and/or Jones.

Also, can someone please tell me if Jessica Jones has something more in her closet than the Fonz's hand-me-downs? The First Lady of New York really ought to wear couture when she's serving the community in an official capacity. Anything to help with the visuals here would be nice.
    At least Misty Knight in just the last Sentry mini and a Captain America series I read a while ago, she's been a point person for top tier intelligence agencies or organizations, she arrested depowered civilian Bob. Black Panther's offshoot Avengers team had readings of Sentry energies she could presumably have access to, without going further back to the Avengers files Obama had access to.

But this is certainly out of her depth, solicitations already said Doctor Strange and Clea will get involved to resolve this.

Amazing Member

The first issue came out today, has anyone read it yet?

Astonishing Member

Until Wednesday actually.

BANNED

Am I the only one who thinks the Sentry is currently the ultimate anti-Jobber?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm not planning on buying this series at all...and I'm pretty open-minded about some things where Sentry is concerned. I imagine those who follow him will also avoid the series like the plague.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm not planning on buying this series at all...and I'm pretty open-minded about some things where Sentry is concerned. I imagine those who follow him will also avoid the series like the plague.
    Keeee-rect. If it turns out after the curtain falls that it isn't so bad, I may TPB it. But I honestly expect this to be an affront to Bob fans.

I can only hope, as stated here, that somewhere in the future someone resets the character and wipes away the clutter. A bit like Ennis did with "Welcome Back Frank."