Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    I may be the only person not reading saga, lol.
    I checked out a few issues, it wasn't for me.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    If Uncanny Spidey sells well enough Kurt being Spidey may last a few minis more
    I wonder what Spiderman fans are making of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I wonder what Spiderman fans are making of it?
    more's the merrier, I say

Spectacular Member

Jean, Iron Man (Emma), Realm Of X, Kamala are all in Amazon's top 10 this weekCE0153FF-C903-40F3-A2DB-672F9A8521C3.jpg204889A4-004D-4003-A9B8-A2BD00B04A53.jpg

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    Jean, Iron Man (Emma), Realm Of X, Kamala are all in Amazon's top 10 this weekCE0153FF-C903-40F3-A2DB-672F9A8521C3.jpg204889A4-004D-4003-A9B8-A2BD00B04A53.jpg
    Wow doing better than Immortal Thor and the Flash... impressive, especially for Realm of X.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Wow doing better than Immortal Thor and the Flash... impressive, especially for Realm of X.
    X-books has proportionally more digital readers than most other comics for some reason.

They are not doing this well in the floppy comic sales.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    X-books has proportionally more digital readers than most other comics for some reason.

They are not doing this well in the floppy comic sales.
    Although this Amazon chart is not for digital comics but for floppies ordered via Amazon I think? That's what I understand by looking at the prices at least.

Although this Amazon chart is not for digital comics but for floppies ordered via Amazon I think? That's what I understand by looking at the prices at least.
    I didn't know Amazon sold floppies as well.

This listing is for Kindle comics at least: https://www.amazon.com/gp/new-releas...b_t_books_bsnr

Regardless, this trend goes back to the days of Comixology, and that was purely digital.

Extraordinary Member

Amazon does not sell floppies. They sell digital comics at the same price as floppies as what once called Comixology. There also is no explanation as to what data the charts are using.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Amazon does not sell floppies. They sell digital comics at the same price as floppies as what once called Comixology. There also is no explanation as to what data the charts are using.
    Oh fair enough, thanks for the explanation!

September

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    September
    As always we might not know how accurate these numbers are but at least these rankings fall in line with my expectations. Just a little bit surprised with Jean and Bobby. They rank some steps lower than I thought the would. I thought very solid teams & being tied to FoX would give better numbers.
    Last edited by Malachi; 10-04-2023 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    As always we might not know how accurate these numbers are but at least these rankings fall in line with my expectations. Just a little bit surprised with Jean and Bobby. They rank some steps lower than I thought the would. I thought very solid teams & being tied to FoX would give better numbers.
    I thought Jean would be doing better and Bobby even worse. They would both be sunk if not for all their variant covers. A lot of fans ruled out getting Jean's book because they saw it as a bunch of what-ifs and Bobby's series is going the way of his previous recent series. His first issue by Sina Grace was ranked at 62, the second at 123, and it was downhill from there. Given most of the comments I have seen for the first two issues of this series indicate total ambivalence to strong dislike(I know their are some people here who love it) I expect it to be down at the bottom of the list before the series ends.

The days of Iceman having a series with all of the first four issues ranking in the low 20's to low 30's are long gone...
    Last edited by Icefanatic; 10-04-2023 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    September
    Again with the usual disclaimers... that #132 spot for Realm of X must be even worse than expected. And surely Ms. Marvel's ranking reflects a later street date, no way it placed so low?

Astonishing Member

Again with the usual disclaimers... that #132 spot for Realm of X must be even worse than expected. And surely Ms. Marvel's ranking reflects a later street date, no way it placed so low?
    Perhaps it's a valid point to speculate that Realm of X is cursed.

On a more serious note, the mini series simply has a lot stacked against it.

As for Ms. Marvel. While the late release in the month is likely a factor, it should also be considered that her sales have not been particular strong for quite a while.

So Marvel's attempt at "re-hyping" her up via this kind of marketing stunt, might have actualy been more harmfull to her allready weakend sales than helping them.

After all it represents some of Marvel's worst tactics when handling their characters, especially the newer ones they still try to push, despite lack of success.