Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Althought I do love me some X-Men Red and the exploration of Arakko, the Great Ring and its mutants I do think if Al was using more popular X-men characters or ones that fans were more familiar with it would be doing a lot better.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Alas, the more popular x-characters are already being written elsewhere. He's doing the best with what he's been given. The fact that the fanbase isn't responding to it for whatever reason, isn't his fault, they just have no taste.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Oh I agree but he could use some GenXers or Academy Xers.

Imagine them elevated by Ewing. Wishful thinking.

I love the Arakki and they are getting good story beats but I dont think other writers after him are going to use or develop them.

But anyways I just wanted Red to be higher on the list because it derserves it.
    Last edited by CGAR; 09-01-2023 at 02:40 PM.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the title that's not selling, since legacy names are big sellers. Yeah it carries the X-Men name, but it's only the second volume of X-Men Red, and the first one was a minor title released a scant few years ago.

Hellions had a similar struggle, only it managed to have stronger than expected sales because it had Hellion in the name, and Julian did a lot of work making the first volume the modern classic it is today.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Sir Im gonna need you to start asking these artist to include him in the backgrounds. We will make him a cameo king lol

He already is. Not only did we get a one panel flashback in Regenesis, we got AU Black Hellion for one panel in War College.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Althought I do love me some X-Men Red and the exploration of Arakko, the Great Ring and its mutants I do think if Al was using more popular X-men characters or ones that fans were more familiar with it would be doing a lot better.
    I agree. Throw in Psylocke, Bishop and Havok
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ms Marvel:The New Mutant #1 gets a second print, but Magneto #1 and Uncanny Avengers #1 have theirs cancelled!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/prin...second-prints/

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I hate myself for doing this for multiple reasons but if anyone needs to fill the void of following somewhat useful sales charts, BC is now doing their own weekly top 10.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/top-...h-august-2023/

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/top-...h-august-2023/

While I do not vouch for the representativeness of the numbers, they are at least keeping things on par as each chart is just the sales from Tuesday to Friday (or so it says) of that week so it should portray how the 10 hottest comics released that week did. It won't do much for tracking sales of comics month to month but the ICv2 numbers fail at that too.
    Damn. Jean Grey #1 only made top 5 on the weekly chart. Doubt it will make top 10 for the month of August - even though it is said to have sold out.
    (I know this is only a few retailers, but it is still an indication.)

Ms. Marvel got top 10 this week, Iman!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/top-...eptember-2023/

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    Ms. Marvel got top 10 this week, Iman!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/top-...eptember-2023/
    Nice! Wolverine continues to deliver as well.

(Quick shout out to James Tynion IV's W0rldtr33. Steve Foxe, writer of Dark X-Men, is the editor of that book and issue #1 has entered its fifth printing, #2 its fourth printing, #3 its third printing, and #4 its second printing. Kudos!)
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Glad to see it. I’m a big fan of the Hellverine. Cool concept IMO.

Also look at Ultimate Invasion #3 in the top spot. Really looking forward to its conclusion and how it sets up this new Ultimate line. Especially Ultimate X-men.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Glad to see it. I’m a big fan of the Hellverine. Cool concept IMO.

Also look at Ultimate Invasion #3 in the top spot. Really looking forward to its conclusion and how it sets up this new Ultimate line. Especially Ultimate X-men.
    I only realized after I read issue 3 that there's only another one left. Sure they have another one-shot coming out after that but so far it doesn't really feel like much of a setup for anything tbh, as all the main characters are missing basically. I'm still enjoying it but I have to note it doesn't seem much of a springboard for a whole new line of books so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I only realized after I read issue 3 that there's only another one left. Sure they have another one-shot coming out after that but so far it doesn't really feel like much of a setup for anything tbh, as all the main characters are missing basically. I'm still enjoying it but I have to note it doesn't seem much of a springboard for a whole new line of books so far.
    Yeah, its weird that they would have a four part miniseries and two months later have a one shot. I'm thinking the Ultimate Invasion is going to set up how the new universe was made and the one shot will be the real springboard with a brief glimpse of where all the major players are.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

(Quick shout out to James Tynion IV's W0rldtr33. Steve Foxe, writer of Dark X-Men, is the editor of that book and issue #1 has entered its fifth printing, #2 its fourth printing, #3 its third printing, and #4 its second printing. Kudos!)
    W0rldtr33 is so really good. (There's that tNHotL vibe that loved)
    It's always interesting to me how creatives today have their aubergines in so many different pies, all at the same time. And it puts it into some perspective why and how the industry is the way it is now. Very few have the time and energy to sit and write one franchise of characters for 3 years, (far less 16) and I bet even fewer/none actually want to.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!