Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Surprised at Dark X-Men ranking, but likely just cause X-Men is in the title. Happy for Jean and Iceman, those seem decent for solos no?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Surprised at Dark X-Men ranking, but likely just cause X-Men is in the title. Happy for Jean and Iceman, those seem decent for solos no?
    You underestimate the power of the Goblin Queen and the Goblin Prince, Your Goblin Majesty Madelyne F'n Pryor, and the mutant known as Havok, Alexander Summers. Hopefully Dark X-Men will be boosted to ongoing status. Also the power of the Maddy Pryor variants, I bought a few myself. Maddy and Alex (plus Warren and Remy) might be the next big thing.

Extraordinary Member

The small sample size, the impact of variants and the motivation for any individual purchase are minor problems with using these numbers for anything even just entertainment. The biggest problem is that not all books come out on the first week of the month so books released on the last week of the month (and to a lesser extent each week after the first) are being reported on for a much shorter period (sometimes less than week). Look at Wolverine #35 making the list even though it released in the last week of July so any sales in July are cut off but obviously it had enough sales the following month to make the list. That is the problem in which these monthly numbers are useless because of.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Figured Realm of X wouldnt post high on the list but I didnt think it would be Excalibur level.

CotV doesnt have a recognizable name but I thought Cable and Bishop would put it higher on the list.

These editors REALLY need to start thinking better about the titles they use, artist they attach, and the CHARACTERS they want in each title.

NOT EVERYONE is gonna pull a Zeb Wells HELLIONS sorry that was lightning in a bottle.
    Well maybe that has more to do with a book featuring Maddy and Alex more than the title Hellions, or Zeb Wells, who I have enjoyed. I only say this because that level magic is being replicated in Dark X-Men which also features Alex and Maddy and also has the benefit of all those Goblin Queen variant covers, many of which I purchased of Hellions and started to on Dark X-Men as well.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    But, sure, call it X-Sanction II: Tomorrow War and put McGuinness on art duties and I’m betting it would’ve sold more for sure.
    X-Sanction II: Techno-Organic Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    The August ranking is out. I've put together the X-Books.

Luckystar, you're exactly what you call yourself--a star! Thank you

hmm, here's the release schedule, per Newsarama

On Sale August 2
    ASTONISHING ICEMAN #1
    MAGNETO #1
    X-MEN #25

On Sale August 9
    CHILDREN OF THE VAULT #1
    GHOST RIDER/WOLVERINE: WEAPONS OF VENGEANCE ALPHA #1
    IMMORTAL X-MEN #14

On Sale August 16
    ALPHA FLIGHT #1
    DARK X-MEN #1
    GIANT-SIZE X-MEN #1 FACSIMILE EDITION [NEW PRINTING]
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #1
    X-MEN RED #14
    X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - DOOMSDAY #2

On Sale August 23
    DEADPOOL #10
    INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #9
    JEAN GREY #1
    REALM OF X #1
    STORM #4
    X-FORCE #43

On Sale August 30
    MS MARVEL: NEW MUTANT #1
    DEADPOOL: BADDER BLOOD #3
    WOLVERINE #36

A couple of takeaways:
    -Number 1's sellllllll
    -Jean beat Bobby despite launching late and a buck extra
    -Hellfire gala keeps selling big!
    -Wolverine's selling fine, per usual
    -Dark/Uncanny Avengers have a real shot at being extended/continue in some form! w00t!
    -Ms. Marvel likely the hardest hit by launching late; think we'll see #1 in September's solicits
    -Rip to the deadpool run; u were a real one

How well do the Marvel Voices series sell?

Also... is Iron Man not a top selling title? CotV sold more. So funny since the general public views him as the big wig of Marvel.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I'm not reading Deadpool, but I am surprised with how low it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    I'm not reading Deadpool, but I am surprised with how low it is.
    It ended up being cancelled, #10 being the last issue of the current series.

I believe there's another Liefeld Deadpool book coming out after his Badder Blood series.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Figured Realm of X wouldnt post high on the list but I didnt think it would be Excalibur level.

CotV doesnt have a recognizable name but I thought Cable and Bishop would put it higher on the list.

These editors REALLY need to start thinking better about the titles they use, artist they attach, and the CHARACTERS they want in each title.

NOT EVERYONE is gonna pull a Zeb Wells HELLIONS sorry that was lightning in a bottle.
    Hellion in a bottle. My boy Julian didn't even show up, and his name was enough to move a book starring freaking Nanny. Marvel's really leaving money on the table by not incorporating Julian Keller into the narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Im happy Dark X-Men did so well.

I think it was a plus to have Havok, Archangel, Gambit and Pryor on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hellion in a bottle. My boy Julian didn't even show up, and his name was enough to move a book starring freaking Nanny. Marvel's really leaving money on the table by not incorporating Julian Keller into the narrative.
    It’s my goal to be this delulu in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It ended up being cancelled, #10 being the last issue of the current series.

I believe there's another Liefeld Deadpool book coming out after his Badder Blood series.
    Honestly, between the two Deadpool books, I have been enjoying the Liefeld series more, weird art and all.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

Im happy Dark X-Men did so well.

I think it was a plus to have Havok, Archangel, Gambit and Pryor on the cover.
    Don't discount the selling ability of Maddy Pryor, nearly all of the variant covers are of Maddy Pryor.

Spectacular Member

ICV2's list includes data from only 4% of comic book stores (If digital sales are taken into account, the share is even smaller.). I don't think it's even as valuable as the Amazon list. Because digital book sales account for at least 10% of total sales. And almost all X-books ranked far higher on Amazon's list than any other books released at the same time.