Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Everyone gets together at the end to fight the real bad guy, Ghidorah?
    Or a new DC-based Mega Kaiju.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I guess this takes place before Godzilla vs Kong since Kong is still on Skull Island, so Ghidorah’s brain is still out there.

Though the promo images show Kong already with the ax so this may just take place in an out of continuity Monsterverse. Maybe in this version Ghidorah is still intact somewhere.
    Maybe it's a second Ghidorah. They kinda hinted that none of the monsters is really "unique" ... thus there's the possibility of more space dragons out there in space.

O rmaybe they won't use Ghidorah.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or a new DC-based Mega Kaiju.
    Perhaps all the new kaiju combine to make that one?

Extraordinary Member

Just the idea of the League plus friends against Godzilla and other kaiju puts a smile on my face. It's a nice, fun idea.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Perhaps all the new kaiju combine to make that one?
    The Trinity will then form their own three-headed kaiju to save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Yes i can. Because there is a long trackrecord of mistreatement that WW suffers at the hands of her own label, to keep things in a way that make the male characters look superior and more important.
    No evidence then? Cool. Hope you're done embarrassing yourself now since the only one here who seems motivated by race and gender have been you.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    The first issue didn’t say what earth we are on but it can’t be the main earth because this first issue is about Clark proposing to Lois Lane.
    It could be set in the past. The Justice League lineup is very classic, though the costumes aren't.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    No evidence then? Cool. Hope you're done embarrassing yourself now since the only one here who seems motivated by race and gender have been you.
    You want me to give you a list about the countless times DC has treated WW like trash? I can do that.

Race and Gender are a big part of the reason why there is no equal treatment for all characters in this ibdustry. That still is racist, sexist and homophobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It could be set in the past. The Justice League lineup is very classic, though the costumes aren't.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    the Legion of Doom team is pretty old-school too.

What was that red jewel that Toyman found? Was it the Dreamstone?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    You want me to give you a list about the countless times DC has treated WW like trash? I can do that.

Race and Gender are a big part of the reason why there is no equal treatment for all characters in this ibdustry. That still is racist, sexist and homophobic.
    All race and gender represents in this instance is you choosing to reach for the lowest hanging fruit because you conveniently know you can disgustingly get away with it with zero consequences as long as you hurl it towards one specific group of people. You know that and you take advantage of it despite that you have zero proof that Buccellato was actually motivated by those factors. "It's happened to WW before" doesn't cut it. There's a difference between "I don't like how this character is written" and "This character is written like this because of misogyny". So I'd ask again, either provide some evidence that this in fact what's going on here, or admit that you just personally dislike how she is being written and move on. That would at least be honest and understandable, but apparently way too much to ask for.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-20-2023 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    What was that red jewel that Toyman found? Was it the Dreamstone?
    Hmmm is the book out?

this was neat though:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm is the book out?

this was neat though:
    That is a cool scene. I hope they use more of the classic Toho Kaiju.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I am hoping Luthor creates Space-Godzilla. It's as close to a Godzilla Bizarro as anything.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I was really hoping Godzilla and King Kong VS the Justice League would be a fun popcorn kind of read...but the plot structure was just really horrible. We start out with Clark and Lois on a date and it looks like Clark is going to propose when suddenly Godzilla appears and Superman is called into action. Okay, not a bad start; it sets things up and jumps into the action nicely...but then without any visual or notional cue it jumps to earlier in the day and we learn that Superman is working double time because he wants to take a vacation, we then get some scenes with the Legion of Doom and then more scenes of Clark's friends talking about him planning on popping the question...which is all well and fine but there's no tension because we already know that Clark's big moment gets interrupted.

If it was just played straight, with the opening being Flash and GL watching Superman zoom around the world trying to tie up loose ends before proposing, the ensuing scenes with the Legion of Doom and the Monsterverse creatures interspersed with the well wishes of the Justice League would have built up tension nicely, but by starting at the end it just feels like filler. I've honestly never seen such a simple editorial mistake tank a book like this.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!