Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Agreed - or at least I hope so. It's just hard for me to separate these designs from the films, and GvK is my most hated film of all time (and I'm a huge Godzilla and King Kong fan, so for a movie with both to be my most hated film really speaks to how bad it was for me - kills me not to love a movie with those two clashing in it).
    Isn't that Legendary Godzilla as your avatar, though?

I'm actually a big fan of those versions myself .
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'd love a scene where Aquaman tries talking to Godzilla but it goes nowhere.
    Flash: Were you able to communicate with Godzilla?
    Aquaman: Yeah, that guy's a dick.
    Does Godzilla count as sea life?

BANNED

Well they did want to do a Batman vs Godzilla film in the 60s

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't that Legendary Godzilla as your avatar, though?
    2014 Legendary Godzilla baby, head and shoulders and skyscrapers above the 2020 trash film, and a much better looking design to boot.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

This is going to be sooooooooooo fun.

Though Toho's daikaiju would be a Tuesday morning warmup ritual for the League.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I’m wondering how the Monsterverse would pose any real threat to Superman.

The Godzilla in the Avengers vs Godzilla comic was more of a traditional unstoppable version who shrugs off (doesn’t even react to) all artillery. He was shown to be as strong as Thor and was only stunned when hit with mjolnir. The Legendary version has retreated or at least been redirected when the military attacked him.

Though it will be super cool to see atomic breath vs heat vision. Godzilla may win that duel since his atomic breath can apparently blast right into the hollow earth.

It is pretty amazing that we’re gonna get a comic featuring Gorilla Grodd and King Kong
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-21-2023 at 12:13 AM.

Maybe Godzilla ate some kryptonite and now has kryptonite breath.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'd have been happier if IDW were behind it, but whatever.

Justice League vs Godzilla vs Kong is a dream come true!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Love a good crossover & this has my curiosity
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

I wonder if IDW is losing the license?

Is Vixen going to be part of this? If no, ANOTHER wasted opportunity for the character. I would love to see her mimic Godzilla's atomic breath. W already know that she can breathe fire like a dragon can (as seen in one of those Justice League Unlimited tie-in comic books).
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Mighty Member

I do love a big dumb crossover.
    This would fit nicely with the Power Rangers vs Godzilla book from a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Agreed - or at least I hope so. It's just hard for me to separate these designs from the films, and GvK is my most hated film of all time (and I'm a huge Godzilla and King Kong fan, so for a movie with both to be my most hated film really speaks to how bad it was for me - kills me not to love a movie with those two clashing in it).
    Justice for Mecha-G!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

i wanna See Giganta vs Kong.

observations:
    hopefully it will be a cross-world dimensional portal thing. DC Earth already has underground societies, now they'd be adding the Titan monster world to that, which is kind of over kill.

deal with the casualties issue head on. Don't sanitize it. When occupied skyscrapers crumble, that should be treated as a major humanitarian disaster. Not just another Wednesday.

Avoid the plots of the previous movies. Don't have Godzilla be controlled by anyone or thing.

Be consistent with Kong's size. He's skyscraper tall by the events of the G vs K film. I don't want to see a scene where he's climbing the Daily Planet building and holding Lois Lane hostage, fighting biplanes.

involving several of the other icons of the Toho world like Mothra and Rodan, etc., are going to overcrowd the book.

Have clear cut villains from the beginning. This is where the 1998 Godzilla movie faltered.

Give the other heroes besides Superman something to do. I suspect that Plastic Man probably won't be invited, but I wouldn't mind seeing him. I guess if I had to pick a lineup beside Clark, Lois and Bruce, I'd have John Stewart, Hawkwoman, Vixen, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Shazam (Billy) and Martian Manhunter.

Don't give Kong a breath power, eyebeam power, or anything like that.

Give Batman something realistic to do. I'm not interested in seeing the Bat-kaiju repellent bomb or seeing some Pacific Rim/Shogun Warriors Bat Robot hidden in a Wayne Enterprises warehouse off the coast of the Philippines somewhere.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 07-22-2023 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    observations:
    hopefully it will be a cross-world dimensional portal thing. DC Earth already has underground societies, now they'd be adding the Titan monster world to that, which is kind of over kill.

deal with the casualties issue head on. Don't sanitize it. When occupied skyscrapers crumble, that should be treated as a major humanitarian disaster. Not just another Wednesday.

Avoid the plots of the previous movies. Don't have Godzilla be controlled by anyone or thing.

Be consistent with Kong's size. He's skyscraper tall by the events of the G vs K film. I don't want to see a scene where he's climbing the Daily Planet building and holding Lois Lane hostage, fighting biplanes.

involving several of the other icons of the Toho world like Mothra and Rodan, etc., are going to overcrowd the book.

Have clear cut villains from the beginning. This is where the 1998 Godzilla movie faltered.

Give the other heroes besides Superman something to do. I suspect that Plastic Man probably won't be invited, but I wouldn't mind seeing him. I guess if I had to pick a lineup beside Clark, Lois and Bruce, I'd have John Stewart, Hawkwoman, Vixen, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Shazam (Billy) and Martian Manhunter.

Don't give Kong a breath power, eyebeam power, or anything like that.

Give Batman something realistic to do. I'm not interested in seeing the Bat-kaiju repellent bomb or seeing some Pacific Rim/Shogun Warriors Bat Robot hidden in a Wayne Enterprises warehouse off the coast of the Philippines somewhere.
    Plastic Man vs Fernus was one of the closest things in a DC comic we've had to a proper kaiju battle. DO NOT DISRESPECT PLASTIC MAN!

:.D

Anyways, I really wanna see Giganta give it a go.