Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But, just like Stacker Pentecost and Riley Becket, Batman doesn’t need a partner to deal with the Drift while handling a Jaeger. I mean, he’s Batman after all!
    He doesn't need the Jaeger to handle Kaiju, he's the Batman. A Batarang or something should do the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    He doesn't need the Jaeger to handle Kaiju, he's the Batman. A Batarang or something should do the trick!
    coordinating civilian evacuation should be a priority. I hope the writers keep this in mind.

I hate the Batgod as much as anyone else, but for this story? If the Batmobile doesn't turn into a giant robot Transformers style I *will* be disappointed.

It's the League fighting Godzilla and Kong. There is no limit to how ridiculous this should be. As long as everyone else is written competently and not as idiots in service to the Bat, I won't argue with some over the top Morrison-esque Batgoding.

Saw art with Titano in it; glad that DC's own kaiju aren't gonna be completely ignored. Who else is there for giant monsters? Starro....maybe some versions of Mr. Atom I guess? Drawing a blank here, and I'm definitely down for more Toho kaiju than anything, but it'd be great if DC's big monsters got some love in this as well.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I hate the Batgod as much as anyone else, but for this story? If the Batmobile doesn't turn into a giant robot Transformers style I *will* be disappointed.

It's the League fighting Godzilla and Kong. There is no limit to how ridiculous this should be. As long as everyone else is written competently and not as idiots in service to the Bat, I won't argue with some over the top Morrison-esque Batgoding.

Saw art with Titano in it; glad that DC's own kaiju aren't gonna be completely ignored. Who else is there for giant monsters? Starro....maybe some versions of Mr. Atom I guess? Drawing a blank here, and I'm definitely down for more Toho kaiju than anything, but it'd be great if DC's big monsters got some love in this as well.
    Totally agreed. I’m no fan of “one Batgod to rule them all” storylines but seeing Batman in a giant bat mech fighting Godzilla and/or Kong would be amazing. Thinking about it now, if it doesn’t happen I’ll be very disappointed.

So I gotta have an atomic breath vs heat vision duel and Batman in a bat jaeger.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Just because he's fighting in a giant mecha doesn't mean the rest of the JL won't fight, or be made to look less than him. I suspect the rest of the JL will also be in the fight and get equal page time.

It sounds like people aren't happy unless Batman's just in a corner scowling while every other hero is fighting the giant monsters.
    Well, yes, but....
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That sounds awesome though, so not a negative at all.
    The ending is predictable though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8ibgPax3Ww
    I wonder if he remembered to install the triple redundant Bat-Ejection seat?
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm surprised he doesn't just grow 200ft tall Ultraman stylez.
    We have Giganta for that though. :Þ

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Batman in a Pacific Rim-style suit fighting Godzilla
    I'm surprised they're not bringing back DC Mech.

I wonder if they'll remember Wonder Woman's ability to communicate with animals and have that factor at all. Particularly with Kong, who traditionally has a soft spot for ladies (though usually blondes).

My Pessimist Sense, however, tells me they won't, and Diana won't do much of anything except wave a sword around and get demolished fighting the kaiju.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I wonder if they'll remember Wonder Woman's ability to communicate with animals and have that factor at all. Particularly with Kong, who traditionally has a soft spot for ladies (though usually blondes).

My Pessimist Sense, however, tells me they won't, and Diana won't do much of anything except wave a sword around and get demolished fighting the kaiju.
    Well that'd get even more interesting if Giganta tries to wrestle Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

I think they’re more likely to have Aquaman try to communicate with Godzilla. We’ve seen him control ocean dwelling kaiju before.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Is Vixen going to be part of this? If no, ANOTHER wasted opportunity for the character. I would love to see her mimic Godzilla's atomic breath. W already know that she can breathe fire like a dragon can (as seen in one of those Justice League Unlimited tie-in comic books).
    Vixen channeling atomic breath! That would be amazing!

I know the story will involve the main League lineup but I want to see some pages of the rest of the DCU dealing with a full monster invasion of the earth. The Hawks and Black Condor dealing with Rodan, Blue Beetle and Bumble Bee flying next to Monthra, etc.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-23-2023 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, yes, but....
    But what? Just because crap writers have made unbearable Batgod stories where he shows up the rest of the JL we just assume now that every time we see him do anything at all remotely interesting on a page it's just going to be nothing but that and the others will spend their page time looking incompetent and doing nothing interesting on their own now?

I get there's been crap like in the past, but at some point constantly expecting it to happen every JL story is a bit much.

Maybe this will wind up like that, but there's no reason to assume so right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    But what?
    I'm expecting the Bat-jaeger to end up like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8ibgPax3Ww

I wonder if he remembered to install the triple redundant Bat-Ejection seat?

One of the cover kinda hinting Bat-Jaeger

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    In the immortal words of Kite-Man, “Hell yeah!”.

I hope he fights Kong because there may not be a more awesome phrase in American classic iconography than “Batman vs King Kong”.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Well, of course Bruce has a Bat-Jaeger! Why am I not surprised? God only knows what else he keeps in that damn cave! Now this brings up an interesting conundrum: superheroes have their code against killing, and the only way to stop a Godzilla rampage is to use lethal force. Would the League go THAT far? And CAN they?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

I just hope that they remember how ridiculous and over the top this is, and just go with it. Don't try to reign the madness in, just feed it. And...from that cover, looks like they get it.