Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Meanwhile, a GL can just make a giant mech twice as big if they wanted to. (where's Kyle - that's right up his alley)

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    But what? Just because crap writers have made unbearable Batgod stories where he shows up the rest of the JL we just assume now that every time we see him do anything at all remotely interesting on a page it's just going to be nothing but that and the others will spend their page time looking incompetent and doing nothing interesting on their own now?
    To be fair, that has been the standard for a while. Not 'every' JLA story falls into that particular trap, but enough that it's hard to blame fans for assuming the worst when the bat mecha shows up.

And I don't think its the bat mecha so much as the idea that this will be another story where Bruce tells the League 'Okay Superman, you punch the monster and Flash can save the people!' like nobody else would think of that. All while Bruce gets the Big Damn Hero moment to himself. I don't think folks mind some Batgod when it's in the right story (and fighting kaiju is the right story) it's when everyone else is made to be less than they are so the Batgod can shine.

But you're right we don't know what this story is or how it'll handle the team dynamic, and DC has been better about letting other heroes have the spotlight, so we shouldn't worry until we know we have reason to.

And YES to Vixen using atomic breath! A thousand, million, billion times yes! The more I think about this, the more I need to see and I know it's not gonna fit inside a single mini. Maybe if the gods are good we'll get a whole trilogy of miniseries out of this like that DCeased gig?

Meanwhile, GL can just make a giant mech twice as big with his ring if he wanted to. (where's Kyle - that's right up his alley)
    For real, Kyle should be the Lantern here. I like Cruz well enough, I saw her in some of the art, but Kyle is the Lantern who should be front and center here.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think I saw Hal on the covers?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think I saw Hal on the covers?
    He's also in the interior:

Are they killing him off at the end of the issue, or the first few pages. After all embarrassing Hal Jordan in a Justice League title is a mandatory practice.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Meanwhile, a GL can just make a giant mech twice as big if they wanted to. (where's Kyle - that's right up his alley)
    Oh yeah, Kyle would love this .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, Kyle would love this .
    If they're GL fans at all, they'll at least include a line about how Kyle would be so upset for missing this.

Astonishing Member

The Bat Mecha is ridiculous. It's already a problem if you think about it for the number of contractors, etc. needed to build a bat care. How is Bruce, even if a Billionaire building that thing - unless a GL sneaks and constructs it. NO - no Bat God solution.

How strong is the Supes in this one? Some versions could just pick up G and fly him to space. Same for some GLs. Kong was always just plot protected in G vs K. Supes or GL could just take him apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The Bat Mecha is ridiculous. It's already a problem if you think about it for the number of contractors, etc. needed to build a bat care. How is Bruce, even if a Billionaire building that thing - unless a GL sneaks and constructs it. NO - no Bat God solution.

How strong is the Supes in this one? Some versions could just pick up G and fly him to space. Same for some GLs. Kong was always just plot protected in G vs K. Supes or GL could just take him apart.
    i wanna see Giganta fight Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    You're really over thinking it. It's the JL vs kaiju, if they didn't pull awesome crap like a mecha it's just a damn shame. I get some people hate Batman because of all the bullshit Batgod stuff DC's done the past 15-20 years, but not every thing is about glorifying the Bat over every other JLer's expense.

Is this canon? Marvel has godziila and the movie monsters plus tranzer z and the shogun warriors in its universe. DC universe needs a godzilla also!

Two things to ask--

Will kong have his lighting powers?
    Will kong take black canary up a building and be attacked by a flying superman like the planes from the original?

You're really over thinking it. It's the JL vs kaiju, if they didn't pull awesome crap like a mecha it's just a damn shame. I get some people hate Batman because of all the bullshit Batgod stuff DC's done the past 15-20 years, but not every thing is about glorifying the Bat over every other JLer's expense.
    Yeah this is an event that should not have people overthinking the logistics. It’s the Justice League fighting the world’s most famous giant monsters. I’m hoping they just go crazy and make this as fun as possible.

I want to see ridiculous fun like Batman in a Bat mech fighting Godzilla! Kong’s ax can absorb atomic breath but maybe it can absorb different forms of energy. Maybe he blocks a GL ring blast or heat vision and the ax turns it into a super weapon. Go nuts DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah this is an event that should not have people overthinking the logistics. It’s the Justice League fighting the world’s most famous giant monsters. I’m hoping they just go crazy and make this as fun as possible.

I want to see ridiculous fun like Batman in a Bat mech fighting Godzilla! Kong’s ax can absorb atomic breath but maybe it can absorb different forms of energy. Maybe he blocks a GL ring blast or heat vision and the ax turns it into a super weapon. Go nuts DC.
    I'm here to see the Bat-jaeger get ripped to shreds like a pinata full of Bat-candy.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I'm here to see the Bat-jaeger get ripped to shreds like a pinata full of Bat-candy.
    I see the Bathaters are in full force as usual...

I see the Bathaters are in full force as usual...
    What? I agree that the idea of a Bat-jaeger makes sense. But, especially if they're gonna put it on the cover, ain't no way it's gonna be what wins the day. So, logic suggests that it gets converted to confetti.