Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You're really over thinking it. It's the JL vs kaiju, if they didn't pull awesome crap like a mecha it's just a damn shame. I get some people hate Batman because of all the bullshit Batgod stuff DC's done the past 15-20 years, but not every thing is about glorifying the Bat over every other JLer's expense.
    I wish they brought back DC Mech.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    What? I agree that the idea of a Bat-jaeger makes sense. But, especially if they're gonna put it on the cover, ain't no way it's gonna be what wins the day. So, logic suggests that it gets converted to confetti.
    Fair, I misinterpreted "get ripped to shreds like a pinata full of Bat-candy" as wanting Batman dead so that's what my response was about.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was it good? Never heard of it.

This crossover was tailor made for the DC Mech universe, but i get that is more interesting to see the original versions against Kong and Godzilla than some alternative ones. But it would be a lot cooler if more people had Mechs. Evangelion\Pacific Rim type of stuff is always awesome to see.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Was it good? Never heard of it.
    Pretty fun Elseworlds .

Extraordinary Member

Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong #1 Preview
    Writer: Brian Buccellato
    Artist: Christian Duce

The first issue was alright. Lots of setup as expected.

Don’t expect super clever storytelling.

The Fortress of Solitude is pretty easy to break into once you find it and a Mother Box’s Boom Tube can be activated by hitting it with a bomb. Ok.

But we aren’t here for a deep think piece. We’re here to see the Justice League fight a bunch of giant monsters.

I did like how it was very simple continuity and easily accessible to people who don’t normally pick up comics. You just have to have a basic knowledge of the DCU and you can dive in. Smart move as this will be a book with mainstream appeal and I’m sure the trades will sell well.

Oh yeah I’m not here for anything smart, I’m here for goofiness and shenanigans.

My favorite little bit was when Gorilla Grodd stood in awe of King Kong. Nice little detail.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh yeah I’m not here for anything smart, I’m here for goofiness and shenanigans.

My favorite little bit was when Gorilla Grodd stood in awe of King Kong. Nice little detail.
    Oh yeah, that was great! I was hoping Grodd would have some interaction with Kong.

Me too, I really liked the designs they had.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I like the Legion line-up here, some fun characters teaming up. Toyman is surprisingly plot relevant here.

Mostly set-up but its good build-up to set the stage for hopefully an all out monster brawl.

Grodd worshipping Kong was glorious to see.

I wanna see the magic fairy people who act as Mothra's guardians meet the JL

But this is based on monsterverse seemingly.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I wanna see the magic fairy people who act as Mothra's guardians meet the JL

But this is based on monsterverse seemingly.
    Oh that would have been neat. Now they can only meet…I guess the deaf girl from Godzilla vs Kong? John Goodman’s character from skull island?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Oh yeah, that was great! I was hoping Grodd would have some interaction with Kong.
    I’m waiting to see if Giganta grows even bigger and joins in on the smack down.
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I’m waiting to see if Giganta grows even bigger and joins in on the smack down.
    She was treated as useless as Hawkgirl one shotted her. Another comic treating WW lore like trash.