Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    So the villain is public domain Strife/Eris? I'm out...
    I like Eris/Strife, but I'm pretty sick of the Gods, and look at Mary Marvel at the center of it all. -rolleyes-

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

So in a book about Amazons we get....Mary Marvel? I mean...Donna..Cassie....Artemis...Grace Choi even....but no...Mary. I mean, I like Mary...usually better than her brother. But it's a book about Amazons...
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    So in a book about Amazons we get....Mary Marvel? I mean...Donna..Cassie....Artemis...Grace Choi even....but no...Mary. I mean, I like Mary...usually better than her brother. But it's a book about Amazons...
    Cause Josie Campbell originally believed she would be writing a Mary Marvel as Shazam ongoing but that got canned, so now she's using her intended ideas there and bringing them over to her WW books.

I like Mary. I really do, but man she really shouldn't be here.

I probably won't get this but interesting to see Eris/Strife back. Given Campbell's already gone hard on Daddy Zeus I'm going to assume it'll be the Azz version.

Strife is the only version I liked but I'm here for this book anyway.

I wonder if something is going to happen to Cassie that prevents her from being in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if something is going to happen to Cassie that prevents her from being in this.
    My guess is the Amazon Massacre in King's first few issues. I think she'll probably be dead, unfortunately.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post

Nice covers....but where are Mary Marvels Legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas71 View Post
    Nice covers....but where are Mary Marvels Legs?
    LOL. There is a red "under-garment" below the outer parts of the skirt---and one can see a trace of pink skin at the very bottom of the pic.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Interesting to see Strife's return. For all the faults in Azzarello's run, I thought she was a very memorable antagonist.
    But I'm still iffy on this book. I haven't been impressed by anything I've read of Campbell. I also can't get over how Mary Marvel is a central character while Cassie is nowhere to be seen.
    I've been wanting a Wonder Women book for a long time, but I never thought it would be called Amazons Attack lol

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    My guess is the Amazon Massacre in King's first few issues. I think she'll probably be dead, unfortunately.
    I'm hoping we get to see Cassie fight these guys:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Maybe the scared look on Mary's face is because she's suddenyl realized she's staring down Cassie and Donna?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

Maybe the scared look on Mary's face is because she's suddenyl realized she's staring down Cassie and Donna?
    Yeah maybe...but maybe it is the mob shown below Mary....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The implications that the Marvel family are becoming sorta supporting characters to the Wonder Woman book similarly to how the Green Arrows are to Batman is rather surprising. I'll be curious at what this leads to in the future.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    The implications that the Marvel family are becoming sorta supporting characters to the Wonder Woman book similarly to how the Green Arrows are to Batman is rather surprising. I'll be curious at what this leads to in the future.

It makes sense considering that the Wonders and the Shazams get their powers from the similar gods & fight those same gods from time to time as well. How long until they add Maxie Zeus, Son of Vulcan and The Olympian(Global Guardians) to the cast as well?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

I took it more like "Um...I was not expecting to become a wanted fugitive when I started hanging out with you guys" .