Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default New Comic Leak: Amazons Attack

DC really hates Cassie and Donna, right?

And I don't like this author in Wonder Woman, What she wrote already in the Wonder Woman comics are not good
    Last edited by Lucas 35; 07-19-2023 at 07:10 PM.

I'm down for this. I liked New Champion of Shazam and I like Nubia, Yara, and Mary.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mary is an amazon now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

DC really hates Cassie and Donna, right?

And I don't like this author in Wonder Woman, What she wrote already in the Wonder Woman comics are not good
    We know Donna is with the Titans.
    But Cassie is not shown anywhere. And now this Amazon comic is using Mary Marvel instead of her.
    I’m really thinking Cassie’s death must kickstart this event.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Mary is an amazon now?
    I guess since she gets her powers from Hippolyta now--I think--she technically qualifies? More likely, Josie Campbell really likes Mary and only agreed to write this if she got to include her.

I guess I'm glad Nubia and others won't be completely forgotten in King's upcoming story. But, to be honest, I kinda wish Diana's supporting cast--such as Nubia or Yara or Artemis, etc--would do things in her actual book WITH Diana.
    Better them than the freaking Super-Sons.

But, yeah, Campbell's writing doesn't inspire confidence. Maybe she'll write a better Nubia than she does Diana, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I also think recalling one of Wonder Woman's most infamously bad storylines with the title is an ill-conceived idea...unless they're hoping this will override and replace the original Amazons Attack in fans' minds?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

This is not what we asked for lol.

A. Ragtag team of Amazons? This aint no ragtag team! 2 Queens and the face of the Esq Amazons does not a ragtag team make.
    B. I have NOTHING against Mary but this is just ridiculous to include her. Where is Cassie? Artemis? Donna?
    C. They couldnt think of a better title than Amazons ATTACK?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

This is not what we asked for lol.

A. Ragtag team of Amazons? This aint no ragtag team! 2 Queens and the face of the Esq Amazons does not a ragtag team make.
    B. I have NOTHING against Mary but this is just ridiculous to include her. Where is Cassie? Artemis? Donna?
    C. They couldnt think of a better title than Amazons ATTACK?
    I think Cassie’s death kickstarts the event.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I think Cassie’s death kickstarts the event.
    They would kill off one of my favorite Wonders. If it is Cassie, her death should have half of the DCU on the hunt for her killer.

They would kill off one of my favorite Wonders. If it is Cassie, her death should have half of the DCU on the hunt for her killer.
    Including half the Supers. 'cause her boyfriend would probably care.

Extraordinary Member

It’s only a theory.

I'd be excited if it weren't Josie Campbell. I liked New Champion of Shazam but she totally lost with the ROTG stuff and now Knight Terrors. Glad we're seeing underused characters like Yara and Faruka but it's disappointing that she chose Mary over another member of the Wonderfam - it kinda seems like she's just looking for an excuse to write Mary again. I'll give it a shot but I'm not terribly optimistic.

What I really wanted was a Stephanie Williams Nubia ongoing but oh well, maybe some day...

On the one hand: Yay, more Amazons and Wonder Fam!

On the other: I don't think Josie Campbell has earned writing a WW book and Mary shouldn't be on this team versus a legit Wonder Girl that's not Yara.

And why would you use Amazons Attack!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I guess since she gets her powers from Hippolyta now--I think--she technically qualifies? More likely, Josie Campbell really likes Mary and only agreed to write this if she got to include her.

I guess I'm glad Nubia and others won't be completely forgotten in King's upcoming story. But, to be honest, I kinda wish Diana's supporting cast--such as Nubia or Yara or Artemis, etc--would do things in her actual book WITH Diana.
    Better them than the freaking Super-Sons.

But, yeah, Campbell's writing doesn't inspire confidence. Maybe she'll write a better Nubia than she does Diana, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I also think recalling one of Wonder Woman's most infamously bad storylines with the title is an ill-conceived idea...unless they're hoping this will override and replace the original Amazons Attack in fans' minds?
    Do they count as supporting cast? I guess Nubia is kind of the new Hippolyta and Yara is ostensibly now Diana's sidekick. I guess I think more Etta and Steve.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Okay I can understand the reason for naming this Amazons Attack.

Like that is a extremally maligned event associated with the Amazons so they are reusing the name here so it can instead be associated with a good Amazon book where the Amazons are heroes.

Not saying its a good idea, just that I understand the logic there.

I don't mind Mary, her power source is connected to Amazons. And well, if DC ain't removing Shazam family from main Earth then they might as well move them under WW's domain.

I'd probably would have added Cassie instead of Faruka, because as already mentioned, two queens for ragtag group sounds ridiculous.

But the name is just weird. Even if the name didn't have some shitty history, it is still a stupid name for an ongoing book.