Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I can understand having a million spin-off books and spiritual sequels with "Crisis" and "Infinity" on their titles. The original Crisis and Infinity books were wildly successful, highly regarded and much loved. But "Amazons Attack"? That was not much loved, highly regarded or wildly successful, AT all.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I think Cassie’s death kickstarts the event.
    They're killing off my girl Cassie?

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

So, Amazons Attack is Diana's official second book. I wonder if it will be companion book to King's Wonder Woman since his story sounds really similiar to the premise of Amazons Attack to begin with. It does make the most sense to be honest.

Interestingly enough I dont see AIPT solicits mentioning if this is a miniseries. I guess it will be an ongoing?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    They're killing off my girl Cassie?
    This was just a theory. Because it’s rumored a death will kick off this Wonder Women/Amazons against the US government plot line.
    And since Diana, Donna, and now Yara, and Nubia are all accounted for. And Hippolyta just recently died and is on Olympus.

That leaves two major Amazon characters unaccounted for: Artemis and Cassie.

Artemis has already died before. And all of Cassie’s TT/YJ counterparts Tim Bart and Kon have already died in comics before.

So that leaves Cassie. Plus she’s a American citizen while being considered an Amazon. But it’s just a theory.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-25-2023 at 06:01 AM.

I've got ten bucks that it's Hippolyta again. They're going for a new record of amount of deaths.

The variants are here...

YARA AND NUBIA 2.jpg

TAKE MY MONEY!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 07-27-2023 at 06:35 AM.

Alright after getting over my initial shock at the terrible name, the astonishment at a second Wonder family ongoing, and more theory crafting....

Lets talk lineup.

So leading the group will obviously be Nubia whose displayed levels of super strength rivaling Big Barda. With that magic spear Io made for her that can turn into a whip and do the mind meld thing.

Then we have Yara who has a similar powerset on top of a pegasus and that silly sword.

Faruka surprises me since shes the only one of these without powers. (Did the Bana Amazons get powers at the end of Trials?) I mean shes good with knives and she has a machine gun, but id think she would have stuff to do, being queen of the Bana Amazons after all. Especially with her co queen Atalanta gone.

And then with the three Amazon tribes represented we get Mary Marvel whose an honorary Amazon who gets her powers from Hippolyta.

This line-up seemed rather head scratcher to me until I thought about it in terms of character dynamics.
    Mary is a college student and Yaras a college graduate just a few years older, so those two will probably hit it off.
    Faruka has become a fan favorite just because of how much of a huge jerk she can be. I see her sowing alot of tension while also bouncing off of the others in interesting ways.
    and Nubias the responsible one whose duty it will be to somehow wrangle them all together with a clear goal in mind.

A four girl band is a good number for a team book thats getting its legs. Im hoping the characterization sells the book.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Alright after getting over my initial shock at the terrible name, the astonishment at a second Wonder family ongoing, and more theory crafting....

Lets talk lineup.

So leading the group will obviously be Nubia whose displayed levels of super strength rivaling Big Barda. With that magic spear Io made for her that can turn into a whip and do the mind meld thing.

Then we have Yara who has a similar powerset on top of a pegasus and that silly sword.

Faruka surprises me since shes the only one of these without powers. (Did the Bana Amazons get powers at the end of Trials?) I mean shes good with knives and she has a machine gun, but id think she would have stuff to do, being queen of the Bana Amazons after all. Especially with her co queen Atalanta gone.

And then with the three Amazon tribes represented we get Mary Marvel whose an honorary Amazon who gets her powers from Hippolyta.

This line-up seemed rather head scratcher to me until I thought about it in terms of character dynamics.
    Mary is a college student and Yaras a college graduate just a few years older, so those two will probably hit it off.
    Faruka has become a fan favorite just because of how much of a huge jerk she can be. I see her sowing alot of tension while also bouncing off of the others in interesting ways.
    and Nubias the responsible one whose duty it will be to somehow wrangle them all together with a clear goal in mind.

A four girl band is a good number for a team book thats getting its legs. Im hoping the characterization sells the book.
    When has Nubia displayed big super strength in current continuity? all i have seen from her is super average.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Interestingly enough I dont see AIPT solicits mentioning if this is a miniseries. I guess it will be an ongoing?
    Josie Campbell said at SDCC that this is a limited series

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Josie Campbell said at SDCC that this is a limited series
    i could also swear it was a 6 issues thing, but then I don't know why the solicits don't mention it? Weird

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    When has Nubia displayed big super strength in current continuity? all i have seen from her is super average.
    I feel like she showed above-average strength in her mini, she like wrestled a mythical beast?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like she showed above-average strength in her mini, she like wrestled a mythical beast?
    Does that mean she has strength to rival Big Barda? I wish they could give reasons why Nubia has above average strength that borders on 'super', otherwise it is just lazy writing!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's what i thought. I didn't see her do anything big.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Does that mean she has strength to rival Big Barda? I wish they could give reasons why Nubia has above average strength that borders on 'super', otherwise it is just lazy writing!
    But has Nubia been mentioned having big barda level strength anywhere?