Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Does that mean she has strength to rival Big Barda? I wish they could give reasons why Nubia has above average strength that borders on 'super', otherwise it is just lazy writing!
    Haven't they been upping the normal strength of Amazons for a while now?

Artemis is a pretty strong Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    According to the DC Comics database of Fandom all Amazons have...

Amazonian Physiology

Superhuman Strength
    Superhuman Durability
    Superhuman Stamina
    Superhuman Agility
    Immortality

Abilities

Amazonian Training: The Amazons honed their skills in many fields, aided by the gifts from Athena and Artemis.
    Archery
    Equestrianism
    Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
    Swordsmanship

So they're all supposed to be superhuman, but some of them are more powerful than others.

I'm perplexed. Why is there debate about the Amazons having superhuman strength? Did I miss the reboot where that Golden Age trait was erased? I thought that was one of the things that made them Amazons (in DC mythos).
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I'm perplexed. Why is there debate about the Amazons having superhuman strength? Did I miss the reboot where that Golden Age trait was erased? I thought that was one of the things that made them Amazons (in DC mythos).
    It's a matter of scale... is it Captain America level or... New God level?

Maybe they have been working out?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's a matter of scale... is it Captain America level or... New God level?
    So its like how in Thor, the Aesir have super-strength as a common ability among them but Thor specifically is noted to be a cute above the rest being essentially a super-Asgardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay I can understand the reason for naming this Amazons Attack.

Like that is a extremally maligned event associated with the Amazons so they are reusing the name here so it can instead be associated with a good Amazon book where the Amazons are heroes.

Not saying its a good idea, just that I understand the logic there.
    I can't wait for DC to try that with "Heroes in Crisis".

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    So its like how in Thor, the Aesir have super-strength as a common ability among them but Thor specifically is noted to be a cute above the rest being essentially a super-Asgardian.
    Average Asgardians are listed at 30 tons if I remember correctly, and then we have Valkyrie who's significantly above average and she's at 45 (Likely not 50 so she's below She-Hulk, who was at 50 tons but grew stronger afterwards), so yeah, Super Asgardian is an accurate description lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Average Asgardians are listed at 30 tons if I remember correctly, and then we have Valkyrie who's significantly above average and she's at 45 (Likely not 50 so she's below She-Hulk, who was at 50 tons but grew stronger afterwards), so yeah, Super Asgardian is an accurate description lol.
    The Average Asgardian Male (gods) was 30 tons, but some were weaker at 25.

But for Asgardian Women, the Average Asgardian Female (goddess) was 25 tons, with some weaker at 20.

Valkyrie's 45 ton level never sat right with me, as she should be much higher, being called "a female Thor" many times in the past, fighting the Hulk many times, etc. But even so, she is virtually twice as stong as an average Asgardian female.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The Average Asgardian Male (gods) was 30 tons, but some were weaker at 25.

But for Asgardian Women, the Average Asgardian Female (goddess) was 25 tons, with some weaker at 20.

Valkyrie's 45 ton level never sat right with me, as she should be much higher, being called "a female Thor" many times in the past, fighting the Hulk many times, etc. But even so, she is virtually twice as stong as an average Asgardian female.
    Honestly the numbers can be really arbitrary and bizarre lol.

Look at Jessica Drew, her strength is at a 5, while the other Spider-People in general have it at a 4, her durability is at 4 while the others' durability are at 3, so this should mean that she's both strong and more durable than the other Spiders, but she has no feats to back up either one and is just around their level lol.

Shit like this is why I use the stats as just suggestions and not hard facts, they're there to give a decent idea of who's better than who basically, but they often contradict the comics themselves lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Honestly the numbers can be really arbitrary and bizarre lol.

Look at Jessica Drew, her strength is at a 5, while the other Spider-People in general have it at a 4, her durability is at 4 while the others' durability are at 3, so this should mean that she's both strong and more durable than the other Spiders, but she has no feats to back up either one and is just around their level lol.

Shit like this is why I use the stats as just suggestions and not hard facts, they're there to give a decent idea of who's better than who basically, but they often contradict the comics themselves lol.
    Wait...I always thought Jessica Drew was at 7.5 tons with the other Spider-ladys at 7-8 tons, and Spidey at 10 tons.

Where is the 4 and 5 tons coming from? Were they depowered?

Wait...I always thought Jessica Drew was at 7.5 tons with the other Spider-ladys at 7-8 tons, and Spidey at 10 tons.

She's supposed to be around their level of power, but the stats gave her one extra point for those two in particular, it's weird lol.

Checking out the wiki, the claim it's from a handbook from 2009, but I checked one out from 2005 (Women of Marvel) and those two stats are lined up with the other Spiders, so sounds like it was a one time mistake.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Spiderman has many feats way above 10 tons.

And so far. Nubia and other amazons don't even hace 10 tons feats. So their strength has not been proven to be big.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Spiderman has many feats way above 10 tons.

And so far. Nubia and other amazons don't even hace 10 tons feats. So their strength has not been proven to be big.
    Right, but the tonnage is a number that does not tie in to the amount it states, as per Marvel. While this sounds crazy and confusing, what they mean is that the top level is Class 100 or 100 tons. But characters in this range can lift hundreds or thousands of tons. For example, Thor and Hulk are Cl 100 but can lift much, much more than simply 100 tons.

That is a shame about Nubia, as Nubia should have some decent strength feats given to her. The majority of Amazons are on the island and maybe writers have a hard time showing their strength without cars, trucks, planes and tanks to lift?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Let’s not jump the gun until issues come out or at least the interviews for this do.
    For all we know, Cassie or Artemis could be recruited for this in the 2nd issue.
    Or this team is out together to rescue Artemis or Cassie from the government.
    That no Amazons rule shouldn't apply to Cassie - she's a US citizen, and is technically not an Amazon anyway, she's a demigoddess.

I wonder if they're going to keep with her being Diana's sidekick.
    Mary actually has Cassie's original Wonder Girl equipment, used when she was depowered in Lazarus Planet. It was Diana's reward for her saving her life - and then Hippolyta showed up to restore her powers. Mary Marvel is an honorary Wonder Girl. And a WW fangirl, just like Cassie. I wonder if she reminds Diana of her niece?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    This line-up seemed rather head scratcher to me until I thought about it in terms of character dynamics.
    Mary is a college student and Yaras a college graduate just a few years older, so those two will probably hit it off.
    Faruka has become a fan favorite just because of how much of a huge jerk she can be. I see her sowing alot of tension while also bouncing off of the others in interesting ways.
    and Nubias the responsible one whose duty it will be to somehow wrangle them all together with a clear goal in mind.

A four girl band is a good number for a team book thats getting its legs. Im hoping the characterization sells the book.
    I can see Mary and Yara having a good laugh about Billy. In Lazarus Planet, he tried to chat up Yara! She dismissed him out of hand as soon as she saw that the Captain was actually just a teenager. Billy's at least four years younger than Yara and she thinks he's too young for her.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-30-2023 at 04:14 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman