Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mikoto Misaka vs Cole MacGrath

In character, no knowledge, fighters start 20 meters apart. Victory via incapacitation by any means. Fight takes place in Times Square. Infamous 2 Good Cole and current Misaka

Last edited by Nebulous; 02-05-2024 at 05:00 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Misaka, from what I know of her, has more raw attack power then Cole normally does. I think she's capable of one-shotting him, I don't remember him having any massive shows of durability outside of his shields.

Good path from Infamous 2 means he has ice powers, right?

What's the weather like in this scenario? I vaguely recall Misaka being to influence weather systems to make storms and I believe Cole has form of calling down lightning to enhance his abilities from Infamous 1. Could help in a long form battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Misaka, from what I know of her, has more raw attack power then Cole normally does. I think she's capable of one-shotting him, I don't remember him having any massive shows of durability outside of his shields.

Good path from Infamous 2 means he has ice powers, right?

What's the weather like in this scenario? I vaguely recall Misaka being to influence weather systems to make storms and I believe Cole has form of calling down lightning to enhance his abilities from Infamous 1. Could help in a long form battle.
    Good Aligned Infamous 2 Cole does indeed gain ice powers from Kuo to add to his standard electric powers.

Misaka has conjured her own storm clouds even on mild weather conditions

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LcL5Fk...dhbmdlcg%3D%3D

^ At the very end of the fight.

Extraordinary Member

Cole's ice powers are in all honestly not that impressive, especially compared to his electrical powers.

And without a lightning storm to amp him up, Misaka just operates on a higher level than Cole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebulous View Post

I am so glad I watched Railgun before anything else. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like her as much as I do if I started with Index. She's such an ******* to Touma and stupidly reckless with her environment at the start for no reason. And I don't even like Touma.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Cole's ice powers are in all honestly not that impressive, especially compared to his electrical powers.

And without a lightning storm to amp him up, Misaka just operates on a higher level than Cole.

I am so glad I watched Railgun before anything else. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like her as much as I do if I started with Index. She's such an ******* to Touma and stupidly reckless with her environment at the start for no reason. And I don't even like Touma.
    Ironically, that scan is from Railgun but I get you. Misaka’s still at her best as a character in her own series

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Good Aligned Infamous 2 Cole does indeed gain ice powers from Kuo to add to his standard electric powers.

Misaka has conjured her own storm clouds even on mild weather conditions

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LcL5Fk...dhbmdlcg%3D%3D

^ At the very end of the fight.

Why do I get the same vibes from this as Superman's speech to Darkseid about feeling like he lives in a world made of cardboard in the series finale of Justice League Unlimited?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Ironically, that scan is from Railgun but I get you. Misaka’s still at her best as a character in her own series
    That's funny.

I do remember that she fought him in Railgun as well. But IIRC the reasoning was still weird and a bit forced. Still better than in Index though.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Why do I get the same vibes from this as Superman's speech to Darkseid about feeling like he lives in a world made of cardboard in the series finale of Justice League Unlimited?
    It’s the same deal. Misaka can easily kill any human and lower level Espers with her powers if she’s not careful and constantly holds back because of it. She finds someone, Touma, who can shrug off anything she throws at him to where she can even go all out without putting him at risk. And since this guy can easily stop her attacks, it also starts a one-sided rivalry with him.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It’s the same deal. Misaka can easily kill any human and lower level Espers with her powers if she’s not careful and constantly holds back because of it. She finds someone, Touma, who can shrug off anything she throws at him to where she can even go all out without putting him at risk. And since this guy can easily stop her attacks, it also starts a one-sided rivalry with him.
    All right, then. I'm rather intrigued at this point. And I am a sucker for electricity-based superpowers, anyway, so . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    All right, then. I'm rather intrigued at this point. And I am a sucker for electricity-based superpowers, anyway, so . . .
    With getting into the series? Railgun is fine to watch the anime of or read the manga. I prefer the manga since it’s got much better pacing than the anime that added a lot of filler but some of the filler added is great

For Index, the main series, best read through the novels. Anime is mediocre while the manga is good but way too far behind currently.

Series just got repped by Death Battle recently too

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5YM1BU...tpbGx1YQ%3D%3D

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Basically any time Touma is in a scene with her, her whole character archetype changes and all her development evaporates and it's mostly just convinced me to never ever read Index.

Anyway, I only ever played one Infamous (and I think I may have actually made a similar thread years ago), but going from memory, I think she comfortably flattens Cole. I suspect that she's considerably advantaged in basically every category against him.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Basically any time Touma is in a scene with her, her whole character archetype changes and all her development evaporates and it's mostly just convinced me to never ever read Index.

Anyway, I only ever played one Infamous (and I think I may have actually made a similar thread years ago), but going from memory, I think she comfortably flattens Cole. I suspect that she's considerably advantaged in basically every category against him.
    Wow, didn’t think it’d be this unanimous.

Also. she’s gotten over the Tsundere stuff mostly. Now it takes Touma genuinely doing something that annoys her to set her off rather than just him breathing like before. Their even comfortable enough around each other to celebrate Christmas with a night out.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I don't think that either of them is particularly vulnerable to electrical damage but Misaka's got way better reflex feats than Cole and he doesn't have an answer to her Railgun or Iron Sand Sword moves, though I guess he might be able to screw with her magnetic control with his one, if it wasn't for the huge reflex, processing, and intelligence gap between them.

I *think* that Cole's got full blown there's as long as he's able to get to some electricity, but on the other hand she should be able to cut off his head before he can do much about it, and his healing ability isn't *that* good.

Extraordinary Member

With getting into the series? Railgun is fine to watch the anime of or read the manga. I prefer the manga since it’s got much better pacing than the anime that added a lot of filler but some of the filler added is great

For Index, the main series, best read through the novels. Anime is mediocre while the manga is good but way too far behind currently.
    If you just want to see the electrical powers then stick with just Railgun. Especially for anime. Don't know how much Misaka is in the Index novel, but in the anime she's just kinda there and does nothing.

I appreciate all the Railgun anime fillers. The second half of the first season is the best thing I've seen from any of this franchise, and the second half of the second season makes it so that there isn't two major arcs in a row that end with Touma taking over as the main character while Misaka either sits by the side and does nothing or loses all her agency.

And I really liked the manga arc that picks up after the third season. It has all the best parts from Railgun. Current flashback arc though is really weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    If you just want to see the electrical powers then stick with just Railgun. Especially for anime. Don't know how much Misaka is in the Index novel, but in the anime she's just kinda there and does nothing.

I appreciate all the Railgun anime fillers. The second half of the first season is the best thing I've seen from any of this franchise, and the second half of the second season makes it so that there isn't two major arcs in a row that end with Touma taking over as the main character while Misaka either sits by the side and does nothing or loses all her agency.

And I really liked the manga arc that picks up after the third season. It has all the best parts from Railgun. Current flashback arc though is really weak.
    That’s why I said some of the filler is worth it. Season 1 and 2 Railgun’s are anime only arcs but they do provide closure for some loose ends on the arcs preceding them. Plus filler is what gave us comedy gold like this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q78mwl...FjZSBvZHlzc2V5

I don’t mind the current arc. Some good world building with showing more of what Tokiwadai was like before Misaka and Shokuhou took over the whole place.

It is a step down from Jailbreaker as you said. Awesome arc, great villains, and got all 4 of the main girls doing something awesome for it with Misaka vs Kimi and Kuroko vs that ninja girl both some of my favorite fights in the whole series