Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-Men: Hellfire Gala 2023 Preview

(W) Gerry Duggan (A) R. B. Silva, Luciano Vecchio (CA) Phil Noto
    THE FALL OF X BEGINS HERE! The Hellfire Gala is always the biggest event of the season...but this year's will change everything for Krakoa. What is meant to be mutantkind's biggest night becomes their biggest nightmare as the Fall of X begins! All your favorite X-Men are going to be left reeling after this one – shocking revelations, stunning betrayals, horrifying tragedy, impossible deaths...and of course the most glamorous looks of the year, all in one CANNOT-MISS package!

1. So the conversation that was mentioned in x-men 23 was actually that conversation from 1st panel
    2. Im surprised they put Kamala’s resurrection in preview.
    3. Our news? So Jean isn’t the only one who is leaving the team? and I guess Jean/Cain is Emma/Firestar when it comes to election
    4. Another trouble in paradise? Let me guess. Destiny saw a vision (fcbd issue) and wanted to run away with raven without telling others about danger and mystique was against it
    Last edited by Braxxer; 07-20-2023 at 11:34 AM.

so it looks like its official Ms Marvel is the first inhuman/mutant and it turns out that she had a x-gene inside of her all this time. Looks like Scott and Emma discussed this prior before her death, assuming they had to speed things up with their plan too because of it.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Let's get this party started. I'm liking the preview pages and I like that they're showing us themes we're familiar with while keeping many other things secret.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sounds like we also get the answer to Jean's question in X-Men 24. Scott's leaving and joining her, which again makes the Uncanny rumors more likely IMO.

They could be planning to leave the team together but then what happens at the Treehouse and the Gala seems like it'll be separating them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They could be planning to leave the team together but then what happens at the Treehouse and the Gala seems like it'll be separating them.
    If rumours about jean dying are true. And promo map of fall of x and preview of her solo hinted that I can see Scott rejoining Xmen because of Jean’s death. Although I’d see him in uncanny avengers so he could get his revenge on fake ck

Extraordinary Member

So was Ms Marvel the only person of interest who was a sleeper mutant or was there a bigger plan to do a recruitment drive.

That whole 'welcome to Krakoa' thing is somehow even creepier this time. I wonder who is greeting her off panel?

Looks like Scott chose Jean over the X-Men. Hopefully Juggernaut does not take that personally.

If this danger is so dire maybe Destiny should have tried telling at least one other someone than Rogue?

I can overlook all these mutants just somehow tapping into unlimited power (well, to be honest it bugs me to no end that they never tire) but can some writer just not think they are all of a sudden the smartest person in the room when they come up with the big brain idea that a mutant island creature should somehow just be able to grow itself with no limits and obviously no need of some food source in order to sustain itself and the all the food and shelter it is going to provide to billions.

Hope this turns out fun though.

With Jean and Scott leaving the X-Men, I wonder what mutants will replace them on the team? So far we have [Redacted], Synch, Talon, and Firestar…
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    For sure. It's just that there was a possibility of Scott sticking with the X-Men even though Jean leaves, but instead it looks like he made up his mind before the Gala.

I'm excited for this. Kate's panels are disposable. The Cuckoos revealing what Forge made kind of kills the mood for the issue. Of course this will not be the main focus, but Duggan could've written it as if it was a revelation in-universe, instead of just throwing it around as something that doesn't matter, which I'm sure will be the case (specially because this is an issue a comic book shouldn't solve. Just like the recycling issues and global warming in-comic)

Edit: I just realized that Juggs is not listening to anything the Cuckoos are saying
    Last edited by Alex.; 07-20-2023 at 11:57 AM.

Am I the only one who is curious where is Fantomex. He got gala variant cover but his return hasn’t been hinted

Not thrilled for the Ms. Marvel inclusion. I shouldn't have been so surprised.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Am I the only one who is curious where is Fantomex. He got gala variant cover but his return hasn’t been hinted
    Well noted! Fant's a super-sentinel, so he just might be playing for the other team

Regardless, glad to see Juggy in the spotlight! Guggan knows how to make the gala issues rip. I have faith