Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    It doesn’t make too much sense. Aren’t Ms marvel and Wolverine busy with other missions in their own books? I assumed possible changes in a team would happen after fall of x. Maybe it’s more a guest appearance or a baiting cover
    Yeah I'm thinking this team might not come together right away. Perhaps like others have mentioned there won't be a formal team but rather different mutants finding each other as we move through the event. I find that idea super exciting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

So the new X-Men team:
    Wolverine
    Ms. Marvel
    Firestar
    Juggernaut
    ShadowKat
    Synch
    Talon
    I genuinely don’t see this book team selling…

Wolverine’s reputation isn’t what it used to be, and I can’t believe he’ll carry this team of b- and c- listers very far. This mix-up might be fun for the writers, but I’m not sure it will be fun for their sales. Shadowcat and Juggernaut being completely unrecognizable also won’t help… and the Synch and Talon relationship - it just isn’t… …isn’t… fun? It’s just these two tragic people forced together under tragic circumstances, and I feel sad every time I see them together.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Considering what bleeding cool posted about gala I think maybe X-men during fall of x won’t be a typical team but everyone who stays on earth will be part of xmen
    I hope not, that rumor was so dumb. Orchis' actions don't make sense unless the Gala is incredibly successful for them.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post

Wolverine’s reputation isn’t what it used to be, and I can’t believe he’ll carry this team of b- and c- listers very far. This mix-up might be fun for the writers, but I’m not sure it will be fun for their sales. Shadowcat and Juggernaut being completely unrecognizable also won’t help… and the Synch and Talon relationship - it just isn’t… …isn’t… fun? It’s just these two tragic people forced together under tragic circumstances, and I feel sad every time I see them together.
    The title could be enough for it to sell though. But yeah, some of the choices there are a bit weird.

So the new X-Men team:
    Wolverine
    Ms. Marvel
    Firestar
    Juggernaut
    ShadowKat
    Synch
    Talon
    WOW I'm definitely pumped for this. Logan is finally back on a real team.
    And Kamala is going to be pushed hard like Deadpool and Wolverine.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

People continue t say that's the team. There is not prove Talon and Synch are on the title, or if it is the actual team on the covers.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive…

No Mystique. Wolverine, Ms. Marvel and Shadowkat versus Doom’s team of Latverian mutants.
    Cool! Duggan has teased he wants to pick up the Kate\Reed Richards stuff from Zdarski's mini. Makes sense to Loop in Doom and the Latverian Mutants

"An X-team with Kamala, Juggernaut and Firestar" is a phrase designed to instantly kill a Victorian child. The marvel madlads have done it again; No choice but to stan.

As opposed to… Scott and Jean carrying a team of Synch, Forge, Firestar, Iceman, Talon… which is what the team is currently. And we don’t even know for sure who else is on this team besides Logan, Kamala Kahn, Kitty, Juggernaut and Firestar. Personally I find it an improvement so far, though.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    WOW I'm definitely pumped for this. Logan is finally back on a real team.
    And Kamala is going to be pushed hard like Deadpool and Wolverine.
    Same. And I’m here for it!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    You’re welcome. Y’all are my people!
    Doing the Lord's work, pal! Appreciate it big time

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    As opposed to… Scott and Jean carrying a team of Synch, Forge, Firestar, Iceman, Talon… which is what the team is currently. And we don’t even know for sure who else is on this team besides Logan, Kamala Kahn, Kitty, Juggernaut and Firestar. Personally I find it an improvement so far, though.
    Arguably, Scott and Jean have a higher X-rep than Wolverine right now.

And Jean, Scott, and Iceman carrying less recognizable Forge, Firestar, Synch, and Talon vs Wolverine carry a bunch of “Wait, who’s that?!”s, yeah. I think big fans will be fine, at the cost of a lot of casual readers. My opinion isn’t that it’s going to suck or anything, I just worry about the success of an X-Title without more recognizable faces.

Though I stand by my sentiments about the sad, sad Synch-Talon relationship.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

And Jean, Scott, and Iceman carrying less recognizable Forge, Firestar, Synch, and Talon vs Wolverine carry a bunch of “Wait, who’s that?!”s, yeah. I think big fans will be fine, at the cost of a lot of casual readers. My opinion isn’t that it’s going to suck or anything, I just worry about the success of an X-Title without more recognizable faces.

“Arguably” is the correct term there I think, and Ms. Marvel is pretty darn well known from her Disney+ show, and is about to be even more so with The Marvels/Capt Marvel 3 coming out. Also, Juggernaut is well known too. Finally, Synch-Talon are already part of the current team. So assuming they’re on the new one too, I’d say that’s a wash.

But it’s cool to think whatever you want. We can just agree to disagree and see how the numbers come out.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

So the new X-Men team:
    Wolverine
    Ms. Marvel
    Firestar
    Juggernaut
    ShadowKat
    Synch
    Talon
    Would be cool if that electric woman defected to The X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Your encyclopedic knowledge of lesser known mutants is really something.
    Thank You!!
    Last edited by danielsan52; 07-21-2023 at 06:14 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Might as well utilize this lovely thread for the duration of SDCC this weekend. Some cosplay goodness.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Might as well utilize this lovely thread for the duration of SDCC this weekend. Some cosplay goodness.

Loving the Red Queen one especially!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

He looks like an action figure!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

Haven't all accessible metrics shown that the Wolverine book (That includes the dumpster fire that is X-FORCE) still sell the best outside of the X-men title which explicitly has X-men on it.