Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Basically, he kept building his nation and big technology thing because reasons, then was suddenly and easily killed by another Talia heel turn (that went ignored). I think it was later offhandedly mentioned that she dismantled the whole thing offscreen.

What a wasted of everyone's time, effort, attention and money.

The saddest thing was I got genuinely invested until Event Leviathan had no ending, typical Bendis. By the time Checkmate rolled around (which I still bought and liked) it was clear DC had moved on from whatever Bendis was doing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bendis at DC must be one of the most fascinating behind the scenes stories in recent history and I'd love to have a few hours and have him, and Didio separately, to get their versions of it.
    I think I only found out what happened in Leviathan cuz Joshua Williamson brought them up briefly in Deathstroke Inc.

I was like "Talia beat Leviathan? WTF?" Thankfully I wasn't invested cuz I was still mad at how Bendis treated Superman.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bendis at DC must be one of the most fascinating behind the scenes stories in recent history and I'd love to have a few hours and have him, and Didio separately, to get their versions of it.
    Bendis was hired mainly for 5G. He was writing Superman and LOSH, which both were directly setting up 5G (according to Bleeding Cool's leaks, which were confirmed by DiDio in an interview). We know he was going to write Green Arrow, a weekly series akin to 52 and presumably a few other series at 5G proper.

When 5G got scrapped and DC went through heavy downsizing he was deemed as too expensive and he got Justice League as a way to run down his contract.