Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I bought the deluxe and then they go and announce they’re collecting all of Busiek’s Superman run in two books! Looking forward to those, hopefully the run holds up better for me than it did for out of control.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This run was really brief but enjoyable.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I agree with manwhohaseverything about the whole Batman Begins similarity, but that’s about my only knock on the story and I otherwise love it. The opening issue with trying to keep a date with Lois is great. The other highlight scenes for me are when Superman whips up the Atlantean outpost while the world is watching with bated breath and the battles with Subjekt 17. Art is top notch to boot.

Wish I had waited out the single HC but I was impatient and picked up the two individual volumes.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog