Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

There’s probably also rights issues. Snow is definitely owned by Ellis to my understanding

#4 Solicit:

UNIVERSE-SHAKING SECRETS UNCOVERED! Luke Fox assembled the Outsiders to brave the unknown. To discover the forgotten, to bring the hidden to light, and to use the truth underneath them all to find a better way forward. Little does he know the Drummer has a plan of her own—and she’s one step closer to bringing it to fruition! Something happened at the turn of the millennium that shook the universe, and in this pivotal chapter, the Outsiders head into the strange shadows of London’s underground to discover just what—or who—is at the center of this new crisis!

Cover: Roger Cruz

Cover: Kelley Jones Card

Cover: Nikolas Draper-Ivey

Plus 1 other variant which I'll post in the Kate Kane appreciation thread instead (since there's a 3 image limit per post anyway).

I'm glad we totally dropped this attempt to transition Luke from being Batwing that was doomed to fail.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad we totally dropped this attempt to transition Luke from being Batwing that was doomed to fail.
    I forgot. What title was that in and what was he going to be called in that costume?

Ehhh, so far so good. I mean, the title may be a little misleading, but Kate & Luke actually doing something outside of Gotham, that’s important to them, (at least Luke) why not. The new Drummer seems interesting enough, will see how this little team up works out. Bruce will probably have a cameo at some point, but it would be really cool if they added a former Outsider or two.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Transition to what? Sounds like that would have been a waste of time, since he would have inevitably reverted to the more popular mantle anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    Bruce will probably have a cameo at some point, but it would be really cool if they added a former Outsider or two.
    Possibly multiple cameos judging by the #3 cover art (alternate versions of him anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Transition to what? Sounds like that would have been a waste of time, since he would have inevitably reverted to the more popular mantle anyway.[/IMG]
    It was some kind of lynx/cat thing. It's best we not talk about it.

I enjoyed the first issue way more than I expected and will be buying the next one. I do hope they add more characters as they go though. I especially think it would be a good home for Hawkfire aka Bette Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I enjoyed the first issue way more than I expected and will be buying the next one. I do hope they add more characters as they go though. I especially think it would be a good home for Hawkfire aka Bette Kane.
    It would be nice if she at least costarred. I have Outsiders on my pull list but I haven't read them yet. Art seems good, etc.
    Bette seems to be an Outsider, all on her own.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Image 4 of preview:

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

"But I'm not going to let us become another group of fucking monster hunters. God knows this universe has enough of those already."

Okay Luke we get it, you don't want to become another "superhero", or "warrior", or "soldier". You want to be an explorer and discoverer.

I'm okay with you wanting to be an explorer but you don't have to be a try-hard about it. So your adventures might end with violence, thats how explorers have done things for centuries anyway.

I don't think Greg Rucka would've enjoyed Kate dealing with something excessively mystical back when she was a cadet.
    '
    These are different Challengers of the Unknown from the New Age of Heroes, right?

I don't think Greg Rucka would've enjoyed Kate dealing with something excessively mystical back when she was a cadet.
    Yeah, she's already had a pretty big retrofit to her backstory. I'm okay with that previous one on the whole, and I think any character can get one of those as long as it plays nice with everything else. But this is too much.

This preview is clarifying what my main problem with the series is so far: playing too loose with everything. It's so widespread at this point that, given the premise of the series, I'm almost waiting for those character messups to be an intentional galaxy-brain reveal down the road.

We've already had Kate being too quippy and immature in the first issue, which continues here; why is she so defensive toward Drummer? But now there's an enormous prior mission Kate was a part of (why are Army cadets observing a Navy operation?), and she's been aged back up again at least a decade. It's making my head spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    "But I'm not going to let us become another group of fucking monster hunters. God knows this universe has enough of those already."

Okay Luke we get it, you don't want to become another "superhero", or "warrior", or "soldier". You want to be an explorer and discoverer.

I'm okay with you wanting to be an explorer but you don't have to be a try-hard about it. So your adventures might end with violence, thats how explorers have done things for centuries anyway.
    This, and the series as a whole, would play so much better if we, the audience, knew specifically why Luke or Kate think this way. I think Lanzing and Kelly were expecting Gotham War to take care of that, but it didn't, and so this whole series feels built on an unstable premise.
    Last edited by Caivu; 12-09-2023 at 09:37 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    We've already had Kate being too quippy and immature in the first issue, which continues here; why is she so defensive toward Drummer? But now there's an enormous prior mission Kate was a part of (why are Army cadets observing a Navy operation?), and she's been aged back up again at least a decade. It's making my head spin.
    "The first day of the new century." So, Kate is in her forties now? Funny, in the flashback and present day images she looks exactly the same. So continuity-wise she's jumped around from 32 to 27, and now 40-something...will she become a teenager next?