Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Earth 51?

Wasn’t Dino Cop of Justice League Incarnate, (a standee for Savage Dragon) from Wildstorm Earth?
    Like HsssH said, Dino Cop is from the Image Earth, Earth-41. The funky part is it does contain doppelgangers of the WildCATS, at least. So it's got some of the Image era Wildstorm stuff from before Wildstorm was bought by DC. Don't think that'd include Planetary though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Like HsssH said, Dino Cop is from the Image Earth, Earth-41. The funky part is it does contain doppelgangers of the WildCATS, at least. So it's got some of the Image era Wildstorm stuff from before Wildstorm was bought by DC. Don't think that'd include Planetary though.
    Although an Earth-41 version of Planetary would be amusing. Given the obviousness of the Earth-41 names, I suspect their membership would consist of:
    Jackie Berlioz
    Ezekiel Graupel
    and Saxman

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kate having short hair as Batwoman looks so weird.
    Well MAYBE if they dropped costumes all together & just use the gadgets it wouldn't Kate would not look so weird
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Extraordinary Member

Outsiders #5 Preview
    Writers: Jackson Lanzing and Collin Kelly
    Artist: Robert Carey

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Outsiders #5 Preview
    Writers: Jackson Lanzing and Collin Kelly
    Artist: Robert Carey
    Since when is Luke Kate's only friend?
    It's weird how this series keeps pretending Kate and Luke are completely at odds with the rest of the Bat-Fam - when the last time they were seen interacting with them they were getting along fine.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Is that the Upside-Down Man?

Thats a world-ending eldritch threat bent on devouring all of magic, whats he doing at a party? He would trying to eat everyone there, including the villains.

....... Is that also Seth from The Authority in the double-page spread next to Clayface?
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 03-08-2024 at 04:35 PM.

Why do so many writers misread what happened between Kate and Nocturna?

Also...way to bring in one of the biggest supernatural DC Big Bads and treat them so casual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    It's weird how this series keeps pretending Kate and Luke are completely at odds with the rest of the Bat-Fam - when the last time they were seen interacting with them they were getting along fine.
    And she has like her sister, Renee...wouldn't Jean-Paul count as a friend too? Or Cass?

Also...way to bring in one of the biggest supernatural DC Big Bads and treat them so casual.

And she has like her sister, Renee...wouldn't Jean-Paul count as a friend too? Or Cass?
    Just have to plug for Bette, her first cousin.

But to be fair when Bette appears in Kate's storyline, Elegy, you get the feeling that Kate is not very close and somewhat annoyed with her.
    We don't really see (or I didn't) any thing about Kate finally understanding that Bette was/trying to be a hero too. This would have been post Cutter arc but I don't think I saw that.

So it is fair to say that Bette will never be considered more to Kate than she already was. Sorry to be a drag, here.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'll say it is funny that Luke so far has been going "We don't solve problems with fists, we understand them" and here he's like "Nah man this is just fucked up, I'm brinfing up my fists."

What's the matter explorer, can't handle seeing real evil that can't be explained away with a tragic backstory?

I assume they don't count for reasons......

Also they definitely seem to be portraying Nocturna as just Kate's ex and not her ya know.....

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Just have to plug for Bette, her first cousin.

But to be fair when Bette appears in Kate's storyline, Elegy, you get the feeling that Kate is not very close and somewhat annoyed with her.
    We don't really see (or I didn't) any thing about Kate finally understanding that Bette was/trying to be a hero too. This would have been post Cutter arc but I don't think I saw that.

So it is fair to say that Bette will never be considered more to Kate than she already was. Sorry to be a drag, here.
    This reminds me of when Bette showed up in Tynion's 'Tec run and was ready to get back in action but Kate barely seemed to tolerate their conversation .

If the line was best friend, okay I could accept that, I don't personally see it but fine I can go with it. But only friend? Nope, not making sense there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'll say it is funny that Luke so far has been going "We don't solve problems with fists, we understand them" and here he's like "Nah man this is just fucked up, I'm brinfing up my fists."

What's the matter explorer, can't handle seeing real evil that can't be explained away with a tragic backstory?
    I don't think the writing team knows what to do with Luke - since most of the stories so far are focused primarily on Kate and secondly Drummer, he feels like an afterthought. This is especially weird considering Luke is supposed to be the leader, but he seems to be a prop for the other character's stories. I'm not surprised Kate is quite focused on - she's the closest thing to Batman in this series, despite the series being rather anti-Batman. While Drummer is the gateway into the Wildstorm elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I assume they don't count for reasons......

Also they definitely seem to be portraying Nocturna as just Kate's ex and not her ya know.....
    Probably DC trying to gradually retcon a rape story out of existence by stating again and again that it was just a toxic relationship or whatever.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 03-09-2024 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Typo - apparently I can't spell elements, lol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    It's part of the 90s anti-hero edgy playbook that they're leaning into.

"We're Outsiders with no friends! Fighting the dirty fights no one will touch, etc etc."

Astonishing Member

Maybe I missed something, but I don’t ever recall Planetary being this insecure/hostile about the rest of the Wildstorm universe as this book is about DC. Wildstorm might have been full of edge and poorly aged 90s conspiracy theories, but it was still a superhero verse at the end of the day

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Maybe I missed something, but I don’t ever recall Planetary being this insecure/hostile about the rest of the Wildstorm universe as this book is about DC. Wildstorm might have been full of edge and poorly aged 90s conspiracy theories, but it was still a superhero verse at the end of the day
    Well, I guess when you're updating a great series that literally no one asked for, you need to insert some modern tropes.

Well, modern from the 90s.

To large extent Wildstorm and Planetary were a response to DC/Marvel so I guess it makes sense on meta level that DC's version of Planetary is hostile to DC universe.

But that doesn't mean that it is fun to read about.