Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    That's actually not as 100% certain as it might seem, unfortunately. For a while now Kate and Luke have been shipped, the idea being that Luke is "that one guy" Kate would go for, even for just a night.

I don't like it, it doesn't make sense, and I definitely don't think Outsiders will go anywhere near even hinting at that, but it is a thing. It's a worry that's been in the back of my mind since this book was announced, despite its unlikeliness.
    Lol, no way that will happen.
    They won’t change Kate’s sexuality.
    Now Batwing/Flamebird I can get behind. Maybe Kate would too.
    That’s if Bette would join the team though.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 10-19-2023 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Lol, no way that will happen.
    They won’t change Kate’s sexuality.
    Now Batwing/Flamebird I can get behind. Maybe Kate would too.
    That’s if Bette would the team though.
    It's a crying shame if Bette isn't in this book.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

First issue cover with logo and copy

outs.jpg
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Outsiders #3

Description:

TRAVEL DEEPER INTO THE MULTIVERSE THAN EVER BEFORE! DREAMING OF BATS. Only two things are certain about the mysterious door that has appeared in the Outsiders' ship. The first? It was opened by the Drummer, using a set of Multiversal coordinates discovered in a dream. The second? Their computers have identified it only as a "narrative singularity." For most, to step through such a door would be unthinkable, even insane—which makes it a perfect mission for the Outsiders! As Kate Kane and Luke Fox venture into the unknown reaches of the Multiverse, they will fall deeper and deeper into a maze of darkness, guided by unfamiliar versions of familiar faces. What is this strange world they’ve discovered? How are they connected to it? And who is lurking in the shadows, ready to destroy it all?

Classic multiverse shenanigans.

Extraordinary Member

Outsiders #1 Preview
    Writers: Jackson Lanzing and Collin Kelly
    Artist: Robert Carey

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Outsiders #1 Preview
    Ok, that was bewildering. Kate wandering around in the Batsuit without the cowl is just stupid. But then the two of them just casually using their real names, and talking about Batman out in the open, is also stupid - so I guess secret identities don't matter anymore. And since when did Kate ever "have" to wear the wig? No one made her wear it, in fact Batman even told her to get rid of it when she was starting out, but she kept it by choice.

At least we have an explanation for Kate's lack of role in Gotham War now - seems after the family meeting she up and left the city. Lol.

So they're basically just giving up on Gotham, huh? I mean, feels weird to see Kate complain about it when she was barely involved in any of the wars. I think at beast she got, like, one Fear State tie-in and was in the 'Tec Joker War tie-in but that's about it.

"Look at us just dismissing all traditional Superhero stuff/problems so we can do our own thing."

I thought Kate genuinely liked the wig. I mean, she's been wearing it for years.

How many different "we're Outsiders" variations can they use...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's a crying shame if Bette isn't in this book.
    I've been away from this thread for a minute but I'm gratified that everyone/mostly is still talking about Bette.

Being blunt, I'd say someone has a thing about her/included.

ironic that in a 20 years or so ago story, Bette was envisioned as the sucessor to 'Batwoman' and in a relationship with Tim Drake.

Regardless, maybe it could be organic;

I like the idea of this group slowly finding it's space, and slightly growing.

7/8 members, not always on the page, might be right.

Maybe Bette has to changer her name (and thus any lingering connection to Dick/NW) from Flamebird.

I sadly regret that would have to happen, but I'd support the person. I just think it's a shame to have the original Bat-girl treated so shabbily.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Outsiders #1 Preview

I really like Kate's shorter bob on Batwoman
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Why all of a sudden Luke Fox is behaving and dressing up as Elijah Snow?
    So Kate was trained by Batman? When? And she’s against the wig she chose herself?
    Nothing fits right.

Ultimate Member

After how they butchered Wildcats, it'll be interesting to see how they mangle Planetary, of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So Kate was trained by Batman? When? And she’s against the wig she chose herself?
    Nothing fits right.
    The vibe is all off. Kate and Luke aren't talking like friends, Luke's talking like he's the only one of the two of them with money, there's no basis yet for Kate having the position she does... very strange start.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Nothing fits right.
    Agreed, Luke feels very OOC. Re-read Kate and Luke's interactions in the 'Tec run (when they were in the Gotham Knights team) and it's a very different vibe.

Yep, Kate was specifically not trained by Batman to differentiate her from most others in the Bat-Family. They were close to the same age for a long time, but given that Kate was de-aged a few years ago - I'm not so sure they're contemporaries anymore.

The wig discussion is nonsensical. Besides, she's shown to not be wearing it regardless, or even bothering with the cowl all that much. The baddies hunting her apparently already know her identity (and presumably that she's Batwoman).

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    The vibe is all off. Kate and Luke aren't talking like friends, Luke's talking like he's the only one of the two of them with money, there's no basis yet for Kate having the position she does... very strange start.
    Yeah, Kate really shouldn't have a reason to care about the paycheck, so Luke's pitch to her about that is weird. It really feels like the writers haven't bothered researching the characters that they are writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Yeah, Kate really shouldn't have a reason to care about the paycheck, so Luke's pitch to her about that is weird.
    In any other situation that line would've just read as clearly a joke, the joke being "I know you don't actually need the money and you wouldn't do this for money even if you did." But their interaction at the start of the scene doesn't read like two friends, and so that line comes off as more sincere than it probably should. It's banter that doesn't feel like banter.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)