Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    This, and the series as a whole, would play so much better if we, the audience, knew specifically why Luke or Kate think this way. I think Lanzing and Kelly were expecting Gotham War to take care of that, but it didn't, and so this whole series feels built on an unstable premise.
    Like again I wouldn't have too much issue with this concept, but I really hope its not filled with the characters constantly whining about how they aren't superherores.

Its just going to feel try hard and plus dumb cause we all know they are going to do superhero and action stuff, so their endless denial about it will just make them look like idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    "The first day of the new century." So, Kate is in her forties now? Funny, in the flashback and present day images she looks exactly the same. So continuity-wise she's jumped around from 32 to 27, and now 40-something...will she become a teenager next?
    Yeah, the casualness that Lanzing and Kelly are doing is really off-putting. In the last issue they effectively established that Kate was a chemistry major by way of one of her dumb quips. That's a fairly big thing to just drop in with no fanfare at all. And now apparently re-aging her up with that same casualness, which just makes her already-OOC immaturity even worse. They feel like they're tossing these characters around haphazardly over a concrete floor, just throwing in any random ideas they have with no regard for how they've existed in previous stories.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

They wanted to write their own version of Planetary and are just trying to fit certain characters into the holes they need to fill.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They wanted to write their own version of Planetary and are just trying to fit certain characters into the holes they need to fill.
    Yeah, given that they are riding the coattails of Planetary, their whole attitude of 'We're not like those other teams' wears thin quickly.

I got tired of that in the 90s, and at least those teams tried to be original.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    "The first day of the new century." So, Kate is in her forties now? Funny, in the flashback and present day images she looks exactly the same. So continuity-wise she's jumped around from 32 to 27, and now 40-something...will she become a teenager next?
    So she’s Bruce’s age, isn’t that how it’s supposed to be

Is Jakita Wagner like that in Planetary, then? Kate would basically be her analogue here, which would support that idea.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

I don't think Greg Rucka would've enjoyed Kate dealing with something excessively mystical back when she was a cadet.
    '
    These are different Challengers of the Unknown from the New Age of Heroes, right?
    I never read that series but this definitely looks like them going by the promo images I remember.

It's the New Challengers from the New Age of Heroes relaunch, yeah. I thought it was interesting the history recap tried to untangle the Gordion Knot of Challs continuity, even including the Loeb/Sales series.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

So this is going to be, "untold stories of of the DCU" with vague Planetary branding?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Haven't read this yet, but, is one of those new Challengers supposed to be Krunch from the Dingbats of Danger Street?

'Cause that would actually be kind of cool.

Amazing Member

The best thing this book has done is have me go reread Planetary…unfortunately, this book doesn’t hold a candle to the original.

"Former lover" I guess that's one way to refer to Nocturna...

"Former lover" I guess that's one way to refer to Nocturna...
    Are they just dead-set on pissing people off now? They're not writing the leads that well/correctly, now they're returning again for some reason to one of the most disliked eras of one of the leads (after that storyline has been settled multiple times), and daring to refer to them as lovers on top of all that? This sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Are they just dead-set on pissing people off now? They're not writing the leads that well/correctly, now they're returning again for some reason to one of the most disliked eras of one of the leads (after that storyline has been settled multiple times), and daring to refer to them as lovers on top of all that? This sucks.
    I knew you wouldn't be happy about that .

I knew you wouldn't be happy about that .
    Oh, yeah. And that was my restrained reaction.