Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    The writing team stated early on that it'll just be the 3. But the team is misnamed anyway - apparently Editorial didn't want them to use the Outsiders name because it is literally a different team that has nothing to do with this one, but the writers insisted so they let them have their way.
    Oh so its the writers fault why its called Outsiders.

They really should have listened to editorial.

For some reason a number of different writers seem to like the idea of Nocturna being obsessed with Kate. She's becoming more than a little stalker-ish, without actually doing the stalking part.
    She's been that way ever since the two got involved. Nocturna kicked off her abuse by learning Kate's identity and breaking into her apartment.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

The writing team stated early on that it'll just be the 3. But the team is misnamed anyway - apparently Editorial didn't want them to use the Outsiders name because it is literally a different team that has nothing to do with this one, but the writers insisted so they let them have their way.
    I guess I missed that. Well, it is a temporary series so I guess why not?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    She's been that way ever since the two got involved. Nocturna kicked off her abuse by learning Kate's identity and breaking into her apartment.
    Somewhere around the original Nocturna/Kate story was when I dropped off. I guess I shouldn't have.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

OUTSIDERS #8
    Written by JACKSON LANZING and COLLIN KELLY
    Art by ROBERT CAREY
    Cover by ROGER CRUZ
    Variant cover by CHRISTIAN WARD
    DC Pride variant cover by DON AGUILLO
    $4.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 6/11/24

Following the explosive revelations of last issue, Batwoman departs the Outsiders on a solo quest of her own design. In the storied deserts of the American southwest, a dangerous specter stalks the innocent and guilty alike with a vengeance that spans all the way back to those first dark days of the Old West. Anyone with violence in their heart can become the victim…or the perpetrator. Can Kate Kane hunt this monster down before more innocent lives are destroyed…or before it consumes her soul with its violence as well? Guest-starring Young Justice’s Jinny Hex, this issue is a brutal showdown for the soul of the Batwoman!

I wasn't expecting to see Jinny Hex again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oh so its the writers fault why its called Outsiders.

They really should have listened to editorial.
    Hm, yes, at around 43:17 is where they talk about the title. Going with an original name might have prevented the level of resentment I saw from Black Lightning/Katana/Signal fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It's weird that instead of acknowledging that most of the fanbase seemingly didn't like that storyline, DC seems keen to keep going back to it as though it was a raging success, and instead it's Kate and Maggie's past relationship that is the one forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Oh, this look like some potential fun. Looks more like a Batwoman one-shot than part of a team book though. Speaking of which, I've said it before, but this team book has been more focused on Kate than the other two - makes me think they might have just been better off making a third Batwoman series with the other two as support.

One of the variant covers for #7 features Katana:

One of the variant covers for #7 features Katana:

Um...nice Katana art? Seems like they did something with her hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Um...nice Katana art? Seems like they did something with her hair.
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...ariant=8321080

She's not listed as a guest appearance and before this series relased the writing team told people not bother asking when the other Outsiders would appear (they said they wouldn't). But then again a version of Duke made an appearance, so I'm supposing Katana (or a version of) appears in this issue. That just leaves Black Lightning to make some kind of appearance before this series is done by #12.

Oh hey, Lucius!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh hey, Lucius!
    Unfortunatley, I'm still not finding this series exciting. I can see what they are trying to do, but it just isn't hitting the mark IMHO. Anywho, preview pages below:

I only care about 2 of the characters involved, and since Luke is too different to how he's been depicted in the past, that just leaves Kate - and this series keeps depicting her as a loser IMHO. But we're at the halfway point, so personally I'll still see it through, just wish it was a bit exciting instead of reading it for the sake of it.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its trying way too hard with the big universal stuff, with characters that don't really fit.

Luke and Kate were just the wrong characters for this. This would better fit say Mr. Terrific and the Atom.