Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    On the bright side since Kate's a lesbian that means we won't have to deal with any forced romantic tension that comes from having the co-leads being a guy and a woman
    Well, unless the new girl becomes an LI for either of them. Heh, they could even do a love triangle, though I hope not.

On the bright side since Kate's a lesbian that means we won't have to deal with any forced romantic tension that comes from having the co-leads being a guy and a woman
    No time for love when you've got worlds to explore .

That's actually not as 100% certain as it might seem, unfortunately. For a while now Kate and Luke have been shipped, the idea being that Luke is "that one guy" Kate would go for, even for just a night.

I don't like it, it doesn't make sense, and I definitely don't think Outsiders will go anywhere near even hinting at that, but it is a thing. It's a worry that's been in the back of my mind since this book was announced, despite its unlikeliness.
    Last edited by Caivu; 08-25-2023 at 07:16 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    That's actually not as 100% certain as it might seem, unfortunately. For a while now Kate and Luke have been shipped, the idea being that Luke is "that one guy" Kate would go for, even for just a night.

I don't like it, it doesn't make sense, and I definitely don't think Outsiders will go anywhere near even hinting at that, but it is a thing.
    I really don't see that happening. But then again I didn't expect them to greenlight a rape story for the character after cancelling the wedding...On second thoughts - anything is possible. But yeah, I don't think they'd do it in this series.

Later on if they want to get some media attention, I wouldn't be so shocked, since they made Tim bi.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I really don't see that happening. But then again I didn't expect them to greenlight a rape story for the character after cancelling the wedding...On second thoughts - anything is possible. But yeah, I don't think they'd do it in this series.

Later on if they want to get some media attention, I wouldn't be so shocked, since they made Tim bi.
    The backlash to that decision would be entertaining to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    The backlash to that decision would be entertaining to say the least.
    Might depend on how it's done. Not that I'm saying I would want them to - I have no horse in this race (I don't care either way whether she's lesbian or bi). If they were to do it suddenly like with Tim then yes. But if they did it gradually with build-up, then maybe not so much.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 08-26-2023 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Was going to discuss an image seemingly from new Outsiders - but couldn't confirm is source was accurate.

I'm sure there's already fanfiction out there doing just that with Kate and (your favorite male character here) for those who just HAVE to have that kind of...relationship development (how to get a lesbian in bed with a man). But I heartily endorse your point.

Having said that, seeing the word "archaeology" being invoked in the interview just helps make the similarities with Planetary even more overt. Didn't Ellis call his Planetary team something like "archaeologists of the weird"?

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I'm sure there's already fanfiction out there doing just that with Kate and (your favorite male character here) for those who just HAVE to have that kind of...relationship development (how to get a lesbian in bed with a man). But I heartily endorse your point.

Having said that, seeing the word "archaeology" being invoked in the interview just helps make the similarities with Planetary even more overt. Didn't Ellis call his Planetary team something like "archaeologists of the weird"?
    They have a new Drummer and Luke Fox is even copying Elijah Snow’s style. I don’t think they’re even trying to hide how much of a copy of Planetary this will be.

Kind of figured that's why they had no problem using Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Kind of figured that's why they had no problem using Luke.
    Considering their friendship in Tynion's 'Tec run a few years back it makes sense. Apart from Luke and Jean-Paul, I don't really see Kate teaming-up with anyone else long-term, at this stage. Otherwise Renee and Bette both make sense - but they're otherwise occupied with work/study.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Hey maybe Luke and Kate can double-date, them being each other's wingman/woman. That could be pretty fun.

Hey maybe Luke and Kate can double-date, them being each other's wingman/woman. That could be pretty fun.
    In outer space?

Anyway, they did socialize outside of crimefighting, which was fun (the exaggeration of Kate's skin-tone here is way too much though):

Ok, found the description for #1:

“Never the End.”

A universe of secrets is about to come to light.

Batman protects Gotham City from evil. Batman Inc. protects the rest of the known world. But what of the unknown world? What of the ancient evils in hidden tombs and forgotten tragedies from a magic-and-mad-science-fueled super-heroic century? Using his fortune, Luke Fox launches a new organization dedicated to shining light into the world’s darkest corners. His first recruit: Kate Kane, the Batwoman—who will re-embrace her military background to protect Luke’s dream and encounter every bit of strangeness the DCU has to offer. And just wait until you meet the Third Man…or learn what universe-shattering secret they’ve discovered buried under Antarctica. Outsiders is the return of comic book archaeology, digging into all the forgotten corners of DC’s history to preserve, record, and better understand the true nature of the DC Multiverse…and the forgotten stories that make up its fabric.
    Plus, some art with color:

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

In outer space?
    What they can't meat some sexy aliens or space travelers up there?

Also wow Kate looks like a vampire there.

Ok, found the description for #1:

Plus, some art with color:
    Art looks nice. Also winter Batwoman!