Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    White and his creators always maintained their plans haven't changed with Brevoort taking over, so given how far in advance things are planned, I took it to mean they always planned to have the Krakoa era end around this time.

It could just be my interpretation but if Buckley asked Brevoort to take over the X-line it's presumably because he wanted a shake-up, so I would assume they wouldn't have dragged things out for another year or so anyway, even if White had stayed on.
    That's fair. It just makes this current time all the more strange as there doesn't seem to be a big difference between Fall of X and the actual end of the era. Like why not have the end be part of Fall? Why have two 5 month periods for the books rather than one 10 month period?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I was thinking something similar, that perhaps if they are waiting to release information about New that they're waiting until this week's books are out.
    If it spins out of Original X-Men we have a longer wait.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    That's fair. It just makes this current time all the more strange as there doesn't seem to be a big difference between Fall of X and the actual end of the era. Like why not have the end be part of Fall? Why have two 5 month periods for the books rather than one 10 month period?
    I think it's more for marketing purposes but conceptually it's basically all Fall of X until the very end, or so it seems to me at least.

Extraordinary Member

Fall of X was probably going to be an era shift like Dawn, Reign, etc. Making it look like the titles were more connected then they ended up being may have just been a marketing choice to boost sales on the titles launching post Gala. It reminds me of the way they marketed the Disassembled launch and everything after. This same move (by the same editor) may burn retailers (and readers) again and lower interest in the Brevoort relaunch. While I am naturally curious about what this New X-Men book is I have no reason to expect anything at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I agree that the marketing for FoX has been odd. All of the promo indicated that it was this 5 month period (even for ongoings), as if after that we would be leaving the FoX. Instead it’s just… more Fall but without the helpful promo and issue guides to keep track of all the series coming out. It’s seeming a lot like the last 3rd of Destiny of X, when we technically got a second wave of books but they were pretty much all forgettable mini’s.

Astonishing Member

I suspect it might have something to do with the new X-Office wanting to burn off any remaining contracts the old X-Office made with various writers. Most of the time people only focus on when writers sign exclusive contracts w/Marvel & DC, but sometimes the contracts to write a specific book for various offices will include in the contract an option to pitch or write another book for them at a later date, or for a different office - similar to how when novelists sell a book to a major publisher, their contract will often include a second, as yet unwritten or unnamed book the publisher wants them to write for them, or at least first option on whatever the writer comes up with next during the length of their contract for the initial book they purchased. I know of at least a couple of novelists turned comic book writers who've had contracts with Marvel or DC that included that kind of language.

Could be Marvel was just greenlighting whatever they felt they could tie into the end of the era while wrapping up any lingering contract options made by the current X-office with various writers, even ones who hadn't previously written X-books but whose other Marvel work could've included provisions that the X-Office agreed to look at pitches/optioning their next series for Marvel, stuff like that. This way Brevoort's X-Office would be free to start with a totally brand new slate with no lingering obligations towards other writers based on deals previous editorial made.

Thats kind of a bummer I was really excited about the team that could have been with that font tease.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Thats kind of a bummer I was really excited about the team that could have been with that font tease.
    Oh I was just talking about the string of other relatively unrelated titles of Fall of X & the end of Destiny of X. I do think we're still seeing New X-Men and that it'll be part of the Brevoort era....they already knew he was taking over when it was first teased, let alone they knew he would be well into the planning stages of his X-Office by the time November came around. Whatever it is, its not part of the Krakoan Age, its meant to be what comes after.

I hope the title isn't literal
    GrindrStone(D)

With the revelations sort of out of nowhere when it’s comes to Nightcrawler and Mystique and Destiny… what if it’s more important than we think? What if New X-Men is a next generation title lead by Nightcrawler?

Nightcrawler, Rogue, Hope, Polaris, maybe even Legion as the core team with Mystique, Destiny, Jean, Magneto and Xavier as figureheads. There’s possible Storm or Apocalypse connections you weave in, too.

Just a theory and something a bit different but relevant to who’s seemingly been most important of late.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Other recent similar teases have involved Ms Marvel, and there is the final issue of her book this week, so I am keeping an eye on that book for some hint.
    That mini's getting a sequel, Ms. Marvel: Mutant Menace, in March. And it's still Fall of X related. She'll also still be in the main X-Men book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Let’s see what happens tomorrow

Trying to guess the line-up:

Wolverine
    Ms Marvel
    Rasputin
    Scarlet Witch
    Quicksilver
    Wiccan
    Monica Rambeau
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Wouldn't that make more sense as the Uncanny Avengers? You have four non-mutants there.

Wiccan would be unlikely on any team right now due to him being the Emperor Consort and Court Magician of the Kree-Skrull Empire. He and his husband are basically off the board for non-cosmic stuff.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

as ive said before look for several charactesr to be magically retconned and turned into mutants come 2024 including a few nobody will ever guess